VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Canmore

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Royal Canadian Mounted Police

Vancouver 9 hours ago

For many years I've wanted to see the Royal Canadian Mounted Police show and I note that they are preforming at the Rotary Club of Kamloops Aurora Centennial and at the Victoria Military Music Society in August. I've googled both of these organisations about the details with zero success. Does anyone please have any info about these events. Many thanks

more
    • Weather April/May

Quebec Jan 6, 2017 at 12:21 PM

To those of you who have helped and advised with the NZ trip I'm grateful but we simply can't afford it - so we're heading back to Canada

Our rough proposed plan is to fly into Boston drive up through Lake Placid and on to Montreal/Ottawa/Quebec City -not sure if it's worth visiting Halifax so might well come back a more direct route. Thinking of visiting April/May but what about snowfall? All suggestions much appreciated - not into outdoor activities but very much folk music and historic sites - we've done Niagra

Also on my want to do list is to see the Canadian Mounted Police show - I'm visiting their website daily but from past experience is there liable to be a show in Ottawa at this time of year

more
    • Icefields Parkway in winter

Canada Dec 29, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Is there any public transport between Banff/Lake Louise and Jasper in the winter months?

more
    • 1st week in Feb

Vancouver Island Jan 17, 2017 at 5:17 AM

We have the chance to visit from London during 1st week in Feb. Probably not the best time to visit but its all we have. Will there be enough for us to do/see? Will we be able to drive around (Whistler?) or will the weather make that impossible? Grateful for your thoughts.

more
    • Dymphna1's Profile Photo

glass bridge

Canada Jan 20, 2017 at 7:20 AM

I remember seeing that there is a glass bridge in either Jasper or Banif, but I can't recall the details. I had not paid much attention as I did not intend on going that way any time soon, but now I will be going to both this summer and am wondering where it is. Thanks

more
    • Visa Question

Canada Jan 2, 2017 at 11:02 AM

I will be flying from Vancouver to Vietnam, but my flight has two stop in China, 1 in Shanghai airport and connect flight to Kunming airport before fly out to Vietnam. My lay over time in China between the two airport are 9 hours total. Do I need a transit visa in China? and after I arrive in Shanghai airport, where do I go.. to my connecting flight or to the immigration custom? Thanks

more
    • Your personal face picture

Canada Jan 7, 2017 at 9:30 PM

It might be a good idea to delete your personal picture, eg, face from your profile and any personal information as who knows what will be done with the information once VT is no longer active. Think of doing this from a security aspect.

more
    • Bus between canmore and bow valley campground

by Stephanyd22 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 2:06 PM

Hi! I will be housing and working at bow valley campground and I was wondering how can I travel from the campbto Canmore?

1 Answer Jan 3, 2014 at 7:08 PM
    • Car rental in Canmore

by Stephanyd22 Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 12:37 PM

Hi! I'd like to know if there are some car rentals in Canmore that rent a car to a person who is 18 years old?

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 5:41 AM
    • Indoor activities for young children

by Munchkinnannie Online Now Feb 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

What indoor activities are available for young children the week of March 1 to 10?

1 Answer Feb 23, 2013 at 2:32 PM
    • Stagette in Banff, Canmore, or Somewhere Similar

by ellingsen_heather Online Now Feb 23, 2009 at 12:56 AM

I am planning a destination stagette in Banff, Canmore, or somewhere similar for a Saturday in July. We only have time to go away for one night so we don't want to go too far from Calgary. The bride is open to anything from hiking to a spa day, but we don't want to spend too much money. I've spent lots of time in the Rockies, but never for a stagette party and I was hoping someone could offer some specific suggestions (places to stay etc.) I was thinking that it would be fun to rent a cabin at a ski resort, but I don't know if that is possible for just one night.
      Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks!

2 Answers Feb 27, 2009 at 2:14 PM
    • Canmore Crossing

by tedfromdot Online Now Jan 26, 2009 at 4:35 AM

We are staying at Canmore Crossing.It is a condo.Does anyone have any info on this place? Thanks.

2 Answers Jan 27, 2009 at 4:29 AM
    • MichaelFalk1969's Profile Photo

B & B accomodation in Canmore

by MichaelFalk1969 Online Now Apr 20, 2008 at 1:44 PM

Hi there
      I have a bit of a dilemma here: I`m going to Banff National Park in September 2008. Everybody says that Canmore is preferrable to Banff acomodation-wise, as it is not as overrun with tourists as Banff is. When I did some research on VT and Tripadvisor on local B&B`s though, most reviews were very, very negative. I get the impression that all accomodation in Canmore is either a dump or overpriced.

Can anybody recommend a really friendly B&B in Canmore (or Banff or somewhere close to Banff NP) with honeymoon-style rooms, ca. 120-150 CDN per room/night ?

Thanks, Michael

10 Answers Apr 22, 2008 at 7:26 AM
    • Restaurants

by aitch54rugby Online Now Aug 15, 2007 at 7:06 AM

Are their any decent restaurants in walking or short cab ride from Banff Mountain Gate in Harvie Heights please?

• HazeinOz's Profile Photo

Canmore to Banff Transport

by HazeinOz Online Now Mar 24, 2007 at 6:02 AM

My Husband and I are staying Falcolncrest in Canmore in June. Could you please advise if and what transportation is available to us for getting in between there and Banf (without having to hire a car) Are there organised tours to different regions, like Lake Louise/Edmonton/Jasper etc or is it easier to go back into Calgary to get to some of these places.
      Sorry, but its the first time we have travelled to Canada from Oz.
      Any tips greatly appreciated.

3 Answers Mar 31, 2007 at 7:48 AM
    • kellybrisson's Profile Photo

Long Term Acommodations in Canmore

by kellybrisson Online Now Jun 30, 2006 at 4:17 AM

Hi all.

I'm moving to Canmore in Sept. '06 and wondering if anyone has any rooms availible or knows of anyuone to contact about this.

The house/apartment/room must be dog friendly.

Thanks in advance! :)

Kel

1 Answer Jul 23, 2006 at 9:16 AM
    • Any suggestions for accomodations for 5 months

by hstran Online Now Apr 18, 2005 at 8:49 PM

Hi all

I am an engineering intern student that will be working in Canmore from May 2005 to September 2005 and was wondering if anyone has suggestions on accomodations for that period. Any and all suggestions will be helpful.

Note: I currently reside in Calgary.

Thanx

2 Answers Jul 23, 2006 at 6:38 AM