VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Candolim

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Man vs Wild - Munnar edition ;)

Munnar Jan 15, 2017 at 4:31 PM

Hi, i want to go jungle treking on a long multiple day camping trip; around, to, or from Munnar.
      I want to do this alone.
      Do you guys know, any routes, source of information, tips....?

Thank youuuu

more
    • Cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 9, 2017 at 7:01 PM

I happened to have a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone (USA) that I plan to travel to India with. I have heard that the frequencies used by Indian carriers for GSM-2, 3 may be different from the ones supported by Samsung S3.
      Would there be someone who is using a Samsung Galaxy S3 cell phone in India and knows that it works. Thanks.

John.
      Samsung S3 Specs. :
      gsmchoice.com/en/catalogue/s...

more
    • ShaktiGal's Profile Photo

Macleod Ganj with Kids June toAug Budget hotel & Packing tips?

Dharamsala Dec 31, 2016 at 6:04 AM

I am travelling to Dharamsala in June with my two boys (9&11) and my older mom. We are staying for 3 months while I study in Bhagsu, but feel the boys and my mother may enjoy being closer to Macleod Ganj.

Any budget hotel suggestions that are kid friendly? Bhagsu vs. Macleod Gang?
      Packing suggestions for Monsoon season?
      Interesting places to volunteer/courses etc that would make this place fun for a 9 & 11 year old?

Thanks so much for any and all suggestions.
      Bobby

more
    • Query about Delhi-Manali.

Manali Dec 26, 2016 at 11:54 PM

I'm travelling to Manali for new year and I have a few questions I want answered asap.

1. I'm travelling with the HPTDC VOLVO AC bus which leaves from Himachal Bhawan in New Delhi in the evening. Is the bus good? And is the route safe to travel at night since it's a lot of fog in Delhi this year?
      2. I'll reach Delhi in the afternoon and since I have ample of time till evening, is there some place near Himachal Bhawan or in Connaught Place where I can store my luggage safely and explore Connuaght Place?

Awaiting early response.
      Thanks

more
    • Which is best Beach Resort in Goa?

Goa Dec 21, 2016 at 3:06 AM

I'm looking for a beach resort in Goa and bit confused in choosing a best stay option at reasonable rates. I tried to search at google and found "Lemon tree amarante beach resort". Does anyone have idea about this resort?

more
    • sugandhgupta's Profile Photo

road trip in south india

India Dec 21, 2016 at 1:44 AM

need help in planning an itenary for the road trip in dec 2016, via car starting from chennai for 2 weeks. which way to head - towards goa/ kerela/ coorg/ munnar? we are not very touristy and prefer offbeat locales, serene nature and natural beauty

more
    • Getting a sim card for a cell phone.

Mumbai Jan 6, 2017 at 8:26 AM

I am wondering how easy/difficult would it be to get a sim card, perhaps at the Mumbai airport itself. I have all the necessary id's such as my North American passport, Driver's license, Credit card. Having access to a phone would be a definite asset. Any information in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • Availability of Indian currency.

Mumbai Jan 4, 2017 at 6:22 PM

I plan to visit India for a three week period. I realize there is a currency crunch at this time (Jan. 4th 2017 today) in India. I am wondering if ATM machines in Mumbai have started dispensing out the cash? I have a couple of USA credit cards and a US Bank ATM card. Will it be a grim situation for me? I also have a couple of hundred US Dollars in cash with me. Any suggestion (short of don't come) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

John.

more
    • money exchange

Kovalam Dec 22, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Where is the best place to get good exchange rates in the kovalam area apart from banks

more
    • Gangtok Itineraries

Gangtok Jan 1, 2017 at 8:31 AM

I am planning a 1 week trip to gangtok. Need a 6 days Itineraries of gangtok ASAP. Thank you.

more
    • maestrousmc's Profile Photo

Help regarding rupee

India Dec 20, 2016 at 4:28 PM

I landed in Mumbai yesterday and it seems difficult to find places that'll take my 2000 rupee note, which is all I have. Can anyone off suggestion as to how I might be able to do so? I'm told that the ATMs only dispense 2000 as well. Thanks in advance. :)

more
    • Best Airlines

India Jan 2, 2017 at 9:49 PM

Which Domestic Airlines is Best in South India?

more
    • tcheuki's Profile Photo

Current position re domenyterisation

India Dec 29, 2016 at 11:36 PM

Hi travelling to Mumbai next week and have been looking at news articles regarding money shortages after withdrawal of larger notes. Kind of getting a mixed picture. What is actually happening? Is cash available at ATMs? Would I be able to get money at the airport? I have been to India a lot and understand that cash is still the main way to pay for goods and services, so therefore feeling a bit concerned. Any help/tips appreciated.

Regards.

Martin.

more
    • Christ University, Bangalore -- so what's it really like?

Bangalore Dec 25, 2016 at 1:27 PM

Is there anyone out there among our VT people who have had any experience with Christ University in Bangalore?
      I'm mainly trying to get general information about what it is like both as an academic institution -- level of teaching, students -- and as a social atmosphere. Plus the quality of the actual, physical lay out.

Ask because I've had no experience with higher education in India and have the opportunity to link with a variety of universities (in areas of the social sciences, business, humanities, languages) -- and Christ University, Bangalore, is one of them. But is it a good choice?

If you know the place and feel like answering -- please be frank! Much appreciated.

Thank you. - Eurycleia

more
    • TaniaW's Profile Photo

a few questions

by TaniaW Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM

1 best place to eat

2 best place for evening entertainment

3 best place to visit/trip

4 best temple/church or place of worship

Please give me your views

5 Answers Feb 26, 2014 at 6:22 PM
    • TaniaW's Profile Photo

donations for children

by TaniaW Online Now Feb 26, 2014 at 5:18 AM

i would like to bring some things out for the local children, please can someone advise me as to what to bring out.

8 Answers May 14, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • Candolim Sunburn

by kalroyash Online Now Nov 11, 2011 at 11:23 AM

Visiting Candolim in December for sunburn. We are group of 12 people. Wondering if there was any private villa which did not mind us making noise and playing music till late.

• panjim to candolim taxi fare

by applejuice007 Online Now Oct 18, 2011 at 12:37 AM

i will be travelling from MAY FAIR hotel, panjim to candolim beach (SANTANA beach resort) .How much i can expect to have taxi fare?
      Can i get direct bus from Panjim to candolim?

1 Answer Oct 18, 2011 at 9:45 AM
    • Dazza40's Profile Photo

Money Exchange

by Dazza40 Online Now Dec 16, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Hi there,

Will be visiting Candolim in Jan, and was wondering what the best way to exchange money is?
      Can you tell me is it easier to take cash (although concerned about security issues)or Travellers Cheques (sterling)or Credit card etc.
      Is it best to exchange in hotel or elsewhere.

Many Thanks

Darren

2 Answers Dec 17, 2010 at 12:06 PM
    • jackiemac's Profile Photo

sunset beach Resort candolim

by jackiemac Online Now Jul 27, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Has anyone stayed at the above hotel in candolim? We know it is basic and having been to candolim before are interested to find out what this hotel is like, cleanliness, location and meals i.e breakfast. Also does anyone know if you can apply for a visa at Jain community centre Manchester or are they just agents ? ?

Its been a nearly two years since we were last in Goa and were wondering about the beach errosion as well. Having seen photographs on the web showing huge breakers to protect the beach. Lastly, we fancy going south for a day or two, how to get there and where to stay etc, rough ideas of costs would be much appreciated.

Thanks
      Jackie

• Dazza40's Profile Photo

Taj Mahal

by Dazza40 Online Now Feb 7, 2010 at 2:34 PM

Does anyone know if it's possible to visit the Taj Mahal when staying in Candolim without pre-booking with tour operator, whether it be by road, rail or air and the approximate cost?. Many Thanks

3 Answers Feb 8, 2010 at 1:34 PM
    • Candolim thought we could leave them behind

by neilmitch Online Now Oct 10, 2009 at 2:12 PM

Hi all,I booked 3 weeks at the sonnesta for our aniversery.we have allways wanted to visit india ,love goann trance, indian food and beaches so I thought it would be the place for us , but being a bit strapped for cash decided to leave the two eldest brats at home aged 18,20 for the first time ever, but the wife had other ideas and has booked them a flight to join us for two weeks,she does'nt trust them home alone ,but this leaves us to find them somewhere to stay when they arrive. Are there any very very cheap guest houses ,beach huts,abandoned kids shelters etc ,around Candolim Calingute area ?.Any sugestions welcome Neil Sue and the brats too.

1 Answer Oct 10, 2009 at 3:34 PM
    • opticians

by franny1954 Online Now Jul 29, 2009 at 4:07 AM

I was in candolim at the Highland Beach Nov: 2008 & I had my prescription glasses from the opticians on the complex.I was due to fly home so didnt use the glasses until i got home.I have not been very pleased with them but I cant remember the name of the opticians to email them about the problem.I will be back at the highland beach in Nov:2009.if anyone can give me the name & poss: the email address I would be really grateful as Iam wondering if they will be able to sort the problem for me.

1 Answer Jul 29, 2009 at 1:28 PM
    • alegria de goa

by candy187 Online Now Apr 21, 2009 at 2:18 AM

can anyone recommend a good room in this hotel.

what good restaurants are local to this hotel

money exchange (good rates) , distance from this hotel?

• candolim guest houses

by tseamsok Online Now Apr 3, 2009 at 12:48 PM

Hi, does anyone have any recommendations on guest houses around candolim beach road , and what rates they charge. We have just stayed at the Silver Sands and fancy a guest house in same area, regards T.

2 Answers Nov 1, 2009 at 10:39 AM
    • bike hire

by shaundom Online Now Feb 12, 2007 at 2:09 PM

any adivice on bike hire ? mountain bike or moped ,not motorbike .prices ,etc do i need to bring my license for moped ?insurance etc any help /cheers shaun

1 Answer Feb 13, 2007 at 8:02 PM
    • Alor Grande Refurbishments

by heatherba1 Online Now Nov 19, 2006 at 12:48 AM

I am going to Goa in Jan 07 and thinking of stopping at the Alor Grande in Candolim has anyone been since the refurbishments and whats it like? stayed in Don Alcina last year and the beds were really uncomfortable etc. What bits have been refubished?

• Travelling in April

by Jezman Online Now Mar 26, 2004 at 7:17 AM

My husband and I are travelling to Goa on 8th April, little concerned that it is the end of season and everthing will be closed !!! Any hints or tips of places to visit or general travel advice, I think I might take an umbrella anyway.

2 Answers Mar 29, 2004 at 3:22 AM