Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How much for chichen it's a,and excursions.

by andrewm8 Online Now Oct 8, 2016 at 9:31 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to know how much some of you paid for your excursions in and around Cancun like for example chicken itza,cenotes,s winning with dolphins etc.

4 Answers Oct 11, 2016 at 4:35 AM
    • Waiting for someone arriving later at terminal 3

by kgmlnow Online Now Jun 11, 2016 at 9:50 PM

I am meeting someone at the Cancun airport who is arriving 2 1/2 hours before my flight. Can they stay in the secured area & go to the gate where I am arriving to wait or do they need to leave immediately & go through customs? If so is there a place on the main floor where we could meet?

2 Answers Jun 12, 2016 at 12:13 PM
    • swptravel's Profile Photo

Cancun - palenque - San Cristobel - Tulum - Cancun

by swptravel Online Now Apr 30, 2016 at 5:09 PM

Hi, I have about 12 days and would like some suggestions on possible travel itinerary please. I'll need to use public transport or a tour. I fly in and out of Cancun and would like to see ruins and culturally significant areas of this region. Also snorkel or dive cenote. If anyone could make suggestions I'd appreciate it, I don't speak Spanish but happy to freelance . I want to avoid tourist resorts etc. Cheers Sharon

6 Answers May 2, 2016 at 12:23 PM
    • MariusG's Profile Photo

Advice about a day tour

by MariusG Online Now Apr 24, 2016 at 12:39 PM

For a special occasion I am trying to arrange a day sightseeing tour to include Chichen Itza and surroundings for just the two of us, but most tour companies charge an arm and a leg, maybe because the large vans that they use. Can someone recommend a friendly private tour operator with perhaps smaller car, friendlier price, but still good service?

4 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 12:22 PM
    • Pre-purchase ADO bus tickets from Cancun to Merida?

by H8Cold Online Now Mar 19, 2016 at 11:59 AM

Is there any way to pre-purchase bus tickets from the Cancun airport to Merida? The pre-purcase price is much less but it doesn't seem possible. Does anyone know for sure?

Thank you.

• 5 Days - So Many Things Want To Do

by crg722 Online Now Mar 13, 2016 at 11:18 AM

We are staying a total of 5 days in Cancun (plus 2 days for flying in and flying out). This is what we want to see/do - we have our own car. Tulum and/or Chichen Itza for pyramids; Cenote; Isle de Muejeres, massages; Playa del Carmen and possibly Cozumel for a day. Anything we could delete/combine in one day? Would like to make it as efficient and fun as possible. If these are too much to do in our short time there, then suggestions on what we should cut out. Is Cozumel worth a one day visit or should we just stay around or outside Cancun? Thought since we were so close.......:) Thank you so much!!

5 Answers May 3, 2016 at 6:20 AM
    • Travel to Playa del Carmen

by nordjoan Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 10:45 AM

I would like to spend a day in Playa del Carmen. What is the least expensive way to do this?

3 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    • Yucatan friends!

by Life1000 Online Now Mar 8, 2016 at 12:25 PM

Hello, I am planning to fly to Cancun and then travel to playa del carmen and Tulum. I would love to meet people who are familiar with the region, as it is my first time flying south.
      Thanks so much for letting me know how you are doing.

1 Answer Mar 18, 2016 at 9:09 AM
    • margaritaville cancun?

by wmgore Online Now Mar 5, 2016 at 4:49 PM

I would like to know if they re-opened?

2 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 7:32 AM
    • Spending money

by TammyF5 Online Now Jan 12, 2016 at 5:56 PM

We have a 10 day all-inclusive hotel stay. I am wondering how much spending money to take. I have looked at the excursions, but the canadian dollar is tanking, and I do not think they are affordable anymore. I would like to jump on a bus, and head down to tulum ruins, and also go to the 4 cenotes on a different day. I cannot find a reliable cost for doing these on our own, only by excursions and they are averaging $1025.00 canadian each for the five of us. Way too expensive!

4 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 3:41 PM
    • Siege78's Profile Photo

Best phone for travel?

by Siege78 Online Now Dec 29, 2015 at 10:47 PM

I've been weighing my options on taking a cell phone abroad. Are there any prepaid phones that are recommended for travel, or should I just stay connected with a tablet and wifi?

3 Answers Dec 30, 2015 at 12:53 PM
    • travel to Cuba

by mexjim99 Online Now Oct 25, 2015 at 8:08 AM

We'll be arriving in Cancun in December and are planning to travel to Cuba. Are there good airfare deals available locally?

2 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 5:23 AM
    • weather in Cancun

by Audreylynch Online Now Oct 19, 2015 at 12:45 AM

I am going to Cancun at the weekend (10/24). Weather looks terrible. We were hoping for some sunshine. Is there as much rain as the forecast suggests. I know the climate is tropical, but even the hourly forecasts show rain all day?? thank you

4 Answers Nov 12, 2015 at 10:19 PM
    • best hotel

by wooders1956 Online Now Oct 15, 2015 at 3:38 PM

i looking for the best hotel resort that is in walking distance to the strip but which is not to rowdy as we may be tacking our grandson with us who will be fourteen months old when we travel in September 2016. I am not a great lover of all inclusive as i am afraid to say i am a very fussy eater so your help in this would be very much appreciated Thank you for your help . Wooders 1956

12 Answers Dec 15, 2015 at 8:07 PM
    • Best all inclusive

by TANDD1 Online Now Oct 8, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Looking for a nice all inclusive (never tried one before) for 2 weeks starting 11/26. Thinking in the Dreams Sands price range? Do not want to be too far out as we will not have a car and want to see Cancun. We have spent time in the Akumal area in the past. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

1 Answer Oct 9, 2015 at 11:55 AM
    • Transportaion suggestion of visiting Chichen Itza from Cancun on the way to Merida in one day

by dream_australia Online Now Aug 31, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Can I take a first class bus with a stopover at Chichen Itza for 4 hours on my way from Cancun to Merida? Can you please suggest the name of the bus company and time table? I plan to leave very early, say 6-7 am from Cancun with an arrival at Chichen Itza at around 10 am, then leave around 2-3 pm for Merida. Thanks!

3 Answers Sep 6, 2015 at 1:21 AM
    • dentist implants

by allioops Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Hi , just posted a question about 45 min ago searching for answers traveling to Mexico for Dental work. Forgot to mention that I live in New Jersey as I see most do post where they are from:) Please see previous post inquiring about dental implants and safety traveling to Mexico at this time, thankyou so much. Diane

1 Answer Aug 7, 2015 at 2:31 PM
    • Cuncun to Playa del carmen shuttle bus door to door?

by Unique82 Online Now Jul 25, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Hi can anybody tell me if there is a door to door shuttle bus service from cancun to play del Carmen? I know there is a public bus but im looking for a shuttle bus :)

2 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 11:07 AM
    • Bus from cancun to Guatemala

by Sophietravel Online Now Jul 22, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Myself and friends are heading over to the states in a few days and have just found out on arrival we need an exiting pass, we allready had one booked but that was from LA to La Paz, Mexico.. Now i have just been informed that the ticket from LA to MEX does not prove you are leaving... We will be leaving USA within the 90 days but were looking to catch a bus through mexico and down to central america.. so i guess the question is how can i go about booking a flight or bus out of mexico into central america in advance so the customs security let us enter the country. Also if anyone knows any cheap bus companys that can accomodate for this?

14 Answers Oct 13, 2015 at 5:42 PM
    • whats the best deal, all inclusive or only hotel and dine out?

by WilfredM Online Now Jul 5, 2015 at 3:56 PM

whats the best deal, all inclusive or only hotel and dine out?

8 Answers Oct 1, 2015 at 9:00 PM
    • What is the weather like in Cancun Mexico in late January?

by Reyes14 Online Now Jun 22, 2015 at 2:48 PM

I have a trip booked for Jan 23-30 2016, first time going and have not idea what to pack! Is it warm enough to go to the beach in the water? I sure hope so!! Is it cold at night? Temps day and night?? Should I bring sweaters, pants or is it warm enough to bring shorts and tank shirts?

4 Answers Aug 1, 2015 at 1:01 AM
    • Best Food Locations

by SoniaS24 Online Now Jun 18, 2015 at 7:30 AM

Where are the best authentic tacos?

1 Answer Jun 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM
    • Worth traveling if rain is expected?

by hamild68 Online Now Jun 8, 2015 at 8:07 AM

We are scheduled to leave for Cancun on Wednesday, but the weather focast is calling for 60-90% rain each day. We have the travel insurance so are considering cancelling. Does anyone know how extensive the rain is in Cancun and if we should keep our travel plans?

10 Answers Jun 9, 2015 at 4:46 PM
    • TerriS18's Profile Photo

Rainy season

by TerriS18 Online Now Jun 1, 2015 at 1:50 PM

Is August a rainy month in Cancun?

3 Answers Jun 5, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    • How to get from airport to hotel in a middle of the night?

by alaase Online Now May 15, 2015 at 3:26 PM

How to get from airport to hotel in a middle of the night? I addressed this question to Imperial Las Perlas hotel where we will be staying. They do not respond. It was mention they have transportation to and from airport. We will arrive about 2am. Any suggestion what to use for transportation and how much it cost??

4 Answers May 20, 2015 at 1:45 AM
    • Parking for car rentals?

by tomcat000 Online Now May 12, 2015 at 10:45 AM

How easy is it to park your rental?If we go to the malls, downtown, hotel zone, Xel-ha, Xplor, Tulum, Coba, Playa de Carmen, is there available easy parking? We are still trying to decide on a rental or public transportation.

3 Answers May 12, 2015 at 9:30 PM
    • Travelling by bus

by johnnyaok Online Now May 4, 2015 at 1:16 PM

Hi All,
      My wife and I will be spending 5 days in Cancun and then on to Costa rica for our journey back home to Australia.
      Is it possible to get buses all the way,we want to explore Belize, Honduras Nicaragua before getting to Costa rica we have 28 days for this trip is it doable ?, or are the roads that bad that it could take days to get to city to city,
      Is it a safe way to travel and any idea of approximate cost for fares, we will be in the area in September.

6 Answers May 8, 2015 at 1:24 PM
    • Susanelambert's Profile Photo

Immigration process for taking my grandchildren to Cancun resort

by Susanelambert Online Now May 4, 2015 at 8:50 AM

There appears to be a lot of paperwork and documents needed now to travel with children without their parents. Conflicting information from embassy and online. Has anyone recently been through Cancun airport with their grandchildren? Can you describe the requirements coming in and departing Mexico? INM Spanish documents??

3 Answers May 4, 2015 at 12:29 PM
    • Coco Bongo Skirtblowing

by magictoad27 Online Now Apr 14, 2015 at 10:45 AM

My wife is somewhat modest, but very outgoing and takes pranks very well. We will be in Cancun next week. I would like to know if they still have the air blasts on the bar at Coco Bongos and how I could get her selected to dance on the bar before she has a chance to see what it is all about?--David

3 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 3:29 PM
    • Cancun In July

by johnmclane Online Now Apr 6, 2015 at 10:04 PM

A group of friends are thinking of going to Cancun around July 10th for our graduation trip. We're all 18.

How's the nightlife at this time of year? We're looking for intense partying, spring break style :)

Obviously it won't be as packed and crazy as spring break, but will there still be a lot of college kids partying at this time of year?

4 Answers Apr 12, 2015 at 10:24 PM