Canada

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Camping open this winter?

Banff National Park Nov 17, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Anyone know if Tunnel mountain is open this winter for RV camping???

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

Where to have Christmas Eve dinner?

Quebec Nov 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi. I will spend Christmas in Quebec this year (so excited!) I am just wondering where is a good restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner? Most of the restaurants are closed and one of the nice restaurant I saw (Panache) only accept reservation from their hotel guests for Christmas Eve. Is there any other restaurants you can recommend? Also, if we don't make a reservation, can we likely find a restaurant that is open on Christmas Eve on that day? Thanks in advance!

more
    • To go to Algonquin

Algonquin Provincial Park Nov 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM

We are a team of 6 people who love hiking and forest trekking. Next week we are planning to go to Algonquin park. We read some information about this place from here . We need to know whether any special permissions needed to travel deep into the jungle. Can somebody suggest me some good places to camp there for 5 or 6 days?

more
    • Banff in early March (around 3rd-8th)

Banff Nov 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I am planning a trip to Banff for early March, and really want to go hiking with my dog. Are there hiking trails that are open and not impossible for someone with no snow/ice hiking experience?

more
    • vancouver to seattle

Vancouver Nov 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM

what is the best way to do it

more
    • Picking a large Canadian city to move to. Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton?

Canada Nov 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Hey guys, so I'm considering moving to the big city for school to experience it. I live close to Calgary, about 4 hours away so that's what it's looking like. But at the same time I want to go either further west or further east to experience a different part of Canada.

To be honest, I've heard realllly bad things about Toronto from the family that I do have who've lived there. They say there's way too many people, the people there are very rude, it's dirty, it's just all around a crappy place to live. I want to be in a big city, and if I am going down east it's most likely going to be to Toronto. Online it looks good, it's multicultural, it has lots to do, etc. Which is what I want. But from the people I know who actually have experience living there, they hated it.

Vancouver is not even really in the question either. It's simply way too expensive for me. As a student, I can't afford on a part time job to pay $1000 a month minimum just on rent. That's crazy to me, and unrealistic. But I do have family there who love it. (Extremely wealthy family so they actually are able to be there comfortably.) Everybody seems to love it there, though.

I'm from Alberta and have been to Calgary tons because 99% of my family live there and I really like it there. It's big, the people are nice, and it's a little more affordable than Toronto/Vancouver. The only reason I'm hesitant to move there is because I've already been there soooo many times before. I want to go somewhere new and experience different things.

Don't know anything about Edmonton. I've heard it's just like Calgary but colder.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

more
    • To go to Algonquin

Algonquin Provincial Park Nov 30, 2016 at 2:57 AM

We are a team of 6 people who love hiking and forest trekking. Next week we are planning to go to Algonquin park. We read some information about this place from here . We need to know whether any special permissions needed to travel deep into the jungle. Can somebody suggest me some good places to camp there for 5 or 6 days?

4 Answers Nov 30, 2016 at 6:29 PM
    • Banff in early March (around 3rd-8th)

Banff Nov 27, 2016 at 6:42 PM

I am planning a trip to Banff for early March, and really want to go hiking with my dog. Are there hiking trails that are open and not impossible for someone with no snow/ice hiking experience?

4 Answers Nov 30, 2016 at 5:08 PM
    • vancouver to seattle

Vancouver Nov 23, 2016 at 2:49 PM

what is the best way to do it

10 Answers Nov 28, 2016 at 10:07 AM
    • Camping open this winter?

Banff National Park Nov 17, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Anyone know if Tunnel mountain is open this winter for RV camping???

2 Answers Nov 19, 2016 at 12:13 PM

Where to have Christmas Eve dinner?

Quebec Nov 15, 2016 at 3:52 AM

Hi. I will spend Christmas in Quebec this year (so excited!) I am just wondering where is a good restaurant to have Christmas Eve dinner? Most of the restaurants are closed and one of the nice restaurant I saw (Panache) only accept reservation from their hotel guests for Christmas Eve. Is there any other restaurants you can recommend? Also, if we don't make a reservation, can we likely find a restaurant that is open on Christmas Eve on that day? Thanks in advance!

2 Answers Nov 16, 2016 at 10:18 AM
    • Picking a large Canadian city to move to. Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, Edmonton?

Canada Nov 13, 2016 at 11:05 AM

Hey guys, so I'm considering moving to the big city for school to experience it. I live close to Calgary, about 4 hours away so that's what it's looking like. But at the same time I want to go either further west or further east to experience a different part of Canada.

To be honest, I've heard realllly bad things about Toronto from the family that I do have who've lived there. They say there's way too many people, the people there are very rude, it's dirty, it's just all around a crappy place to live. I want to be in a big city, and if I am going down east it's most likely going to be to Toronto. Online it looks good, it's multicultural, it has lots to do, etc. Which is what I want. But from the people I know who actually have experience living there, they hated it.

Vancouver is not even really in the question either. It's simply way too expensive for me. As a student, I can't afford on a part time job to pay $1000 a month minimum just on rent. That's crazy to me, and unrealistic. But I do have family there who love it. (Extremely wealthy family so they actually are able to be there comfortably.) Everybody seems to love it there, though.

I'm from Alberta and have been to Calgary tons because 99% of my family live there and I really like it there. It's big, the people are nice, and it's a little more affordable than Toronto/Vancouver. The only reason I'm hesitant to move there is because I've already been there soooo many times before. I want to go somewhere new and experience different things.

Don't know anything about Edmonton. I've heard it's just like Calgary but colder.

Any ideas? Thanks guys.

11 Answers Nov 17, 2016 at 5:25 PM
    • Are T-Shirt Sizes the same in USA and Canada?

Canada Nov 2, 2016 at 11:17 AM

I am visiting a friend who lives in Canada and wears a Medium T-Shirt. My friend wants me to buy a t-shirt from the USA and bring it with me when I visit this month. My question is, Would a Medium USA T-Shirt be the same size as a Canadian Medium T-Shirt or do I need to get a different size?

12 Answers Nov 7, 2016 at 10:23 AM
    • Kellys95's Profile Photo

Settle in Edmonton

Edmonton Oct 21, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Hi, I'm from Myanmar. Me and my friend plan to move to Edmonton to work. I would like to get some advice about monthly income & costs. Is it ok to work part-time the whole day. The income from part-time is enough to cover up all the expenses. Is the part-time jobs are easy to get for an asian. I'll be waiting for the help. Sorry for my english.

11 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 10:46 PM
    • Europe and Eurasia

Canada Oct 14, 2016 at 4:43 PM

Hello, I have already booked tickets to Europe and Moscow for this winter. We will be flying from Vancouver, Canada to London and from there traveling around Europe and Eurasia. Our trip is from the 16th of December till the 3rd of January. Myself (an 18y/o French/English Canadian female) and my boyfriend (a 21y/o Japanese male) will be starting our trip in England. We will be in England from the 16th of December to the 18th when we will fly to Vienna and stay there till the 20th. We will take the train from Vienna to Budapest where we will meet up with my boyfriends family and stay with them till the 23rd. We are then going with his mother and sister to Rome where we will stay until 27th. We will then go to his Russia where his mother and sister reside. We will stay in Moscow until the 31st when my boyfriend and I will take an early flight to London where we will stay until the 3rd. The schedule is really tight so we were trying to narrow down what we should see. What are a few places that could be considered "must see" places? Are there any specific places that you would recommend for that time? We have a fairly broad range for interests so we normally enjoy most things. We enjoy different cultures, arts, museums, movies, sightseeing spots, historical spots, food, outdoor activities etc.

7 Answers Oct 16, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    • Cheap long term car rental

Toronto Oct 3, 2016 at 8:39 AM

Hi, i am an australian traveler here for 6 months. I have a international drivers permit and am looking to hire a car for the 4 months that i am here (buying a car is not an option). I am 21 years old with a full australian drivers license. Anyone have any idea what the cheapest company would be? The major ones like avis, enterprise and budget are way too expensive because of my age and many others simply dont have deals for 21 year olds.

Thankyou for your time!

7 Answers Oct 23, 2016 at 5:12 PM
    • Birthday Sushi

Vancouver Sep 29, 2016 at 2:00 PM

I am looking for a good sushi place for my birthday dinner. Not too expensive, but definitely fresh and quality! And a good beer/wine selection, or cocktails.

Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 26, 2016 at 1:53 PM
    • things to do in Saskatoon

Saskatoon Sep 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Hi Fellow VTers,
      was hoping you could give me a few pointers. My family of 7(age from 2 to 90) will be visiting Sakatoon for a couple of days in oct(around 12th or 14th). Can you recommend a few places to visit ? especially any advice on scenic drives to see the fall colours etc. or even nice tourism sites.
      unfortunately only there for 3 days(we are doing an 8 day tour of saskatoon, regina and winnipeg in that order).
      thank you for your help in advance.

1 Answer Sep 27, 2016 at 11:13 PM
    • things to do in Oct

Regina Sep 27, 2016 at 8:56 PM

Hi Fellow VTers,
      was hoping you could give me a few pointers. My family of 7(age from 2 to 90) will be visiting regina for a couple of days in oct(around 12th or 14th). Can you recommend a few places to visit ? especially any advice on scenic drives to see the fall colours etc. or even nice tourism sites.
      unfortunately only there for 3 days(we are doing an 8 day tour of saskatoon, regina and winnipeg in that order).

3 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 8:00 PM
    • things to do

Winnipeg Sep 27, 2016 at 8:55 PM

Hi Fellow VTers,
      was hoping you could give me a few pointers. My family of 7(age from 2 to 90) will be visiting winnipeg for a couple of days in oct(around 12th or 14th). Can you recommend a few places to visit ? especially any advice on scenic drives to see the fall colours etc. or even nice tourism sites.

unfortuantely only there for 3 days(we are doing an 8 day tour of saskatoon, regina and winnipeg in that order).

4 Answers Oct 1, 2016 at 8:40 PM
    • 2 week itinerary for Gaspesie tour

Gaspé Sep 27, 2016 at 8:30 AM

Hello,

We are planning a visit to the Gaspesie region next summer - end of Aug/beginning of Sept. If we go in the beginning of September, will everything still be open? We will have our 2 year old son with us so we want to break up the driving into smaller chunks. We would also prefer to spend a few days in one place in Gaspe instead of moving from motel to motel. Can you please comment on this itinerary? Thanks!

Day 1: Leave from Quebec City. Visit Kamouraska. Stopover for the night in Matane.

Day 2: Visit Sainte-Anne-de-Monts. Arrive in Gaspé.

Day 3: Stay in Gaspé. Hiking in Forillon National Park.

Day 4: Stay in Gaspé. Visit Percé and Bonaventure Island. (Is one day enough time to visit the town of Percé and go out to Bonaventure Island or should I visit Percé one day and go out to Bonaventure Island on a second day?)

Day 5: Stay in Gaspé. Whale watching (Where near Gaspé is good for whale watching?)

Day 6: Stay in Gaspé. Beach (Which beaches are recommended?)

Day 7: Stopover in Chaleur Bay (What is a good town to stay in Chaleur Bay that is about halfway to Rimouski with lodging, restaurants, and beaches? Carleton-sur-Mer or Bonventure?)

Day 8: Stopover in Rimouski. Visit Bic National Park (Do I need a second day at Bic National Park?)

Day 9: Arrive in Quebec City

Day 10: Quebec City

Day 11: Return home.

1 Answer Sep 29, 2016 at 12:43 AM
    • silab's Profile Photo

Quebec city

Quebec Sep 25, 2016 at 6:20 PM

Hello Friends
      Will be in the first week of new year 2017.
      Was thinking about best western plus city center 330 de la couronne. What are your recommendations anout this hotel? I did stay before in the Hello Friends
      Will be in the first week of new year 2017.
      Was thinking about best western plus city center 330 de la couronne. What are your recommendations anout this hotel? I did stay before in the champlain and needed to try something new .

What places for breakfast near the best western?

What to see in quebec winter times?
      Thanks.

3 Answers Oct 14, 2016 at 9:55 AM
    • Is walking safe?

Toronto Sep 24, 2016 at 5:52 AM

In town on business with evenings off. Scored a couple tickets to the ball games this week. Is it safe to walk back to my hotel...the Sheraton...after the game?

2 Answers Sep 24, 2016 at 5:16 PM
    • Niagara Falls and Winery?

Toronto Sep 23, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Hi,

I´m going to Toronto five nights in the beginning of October. (after World Cup)

A trip to Niagara Falls is a must, but is it worth taking a night there? Is there anything else to do, except watching the waterfalls?
      Any hiking trails? Nature? Or du you recomment a day trip?

I´m also interesting in visiting a winery, so maybe I can combine these two? Any suggestions?
      I will not have access to a car and I´m travelling alone.

The hotel prices was also very high in Toronto so with a night outside the city my average hotel price will decrease :-)

I have a reservation at Le Germain Hotel Maple Leaf Square and one at Grand Hotel & Suites. Haven´t decided yet. Any thoughts about these two?

Br

8 Answers Oct 2, 2016 at 5:51 PM
    • Morgandy14's Profile Photo

Camping near Port aux Choix?

Canada Sep 22, 2016 at 7:05 AM

Does anyone know of any campgrounds near Port aux Choix, NL?
      Thx much...

2 Answers Sep 23, 2016 at 7:20 AM
    • Hotel in Toronto with Lots of Mirrors in Room

Toronto Sep 18, 2016 at 8:37 AM

Hi All,

I once went away for business and my hotel randomly had many floor to ceiling mirrors surrounding the bed and a ceiling mirror above the bed. I told my girlfriend about this and she loved the idea. We'd like to find something like this in Toronto (or GTA) for a romantic getaway. I've had no luck on Google trying to find this at various hotels in the city. Anyone know of a hotel in the area that has this to offer? Preferably for under $200 a night.

Thanks in advance.

3 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 7:50 AM
    • Ally_lulu's Profile Photo

Maple syrup

Canada Sep 13, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Hi all, what is the best brand name for maple syrup in canada? Im traveling to toronto, quebec and ottawa. Which place is good to buy maple syrup? Thanks in advance...

5 Answers Sep 14, 2016 at 8:59 PM

Weather in canada

Canada Sep 10, 2016 at 4:42 AM

Hi everyone im traveling on sept 16 and visiting these places toronto, quebec, montreal and ottawa can you advise what clothes i need to bring? What is the weather now in canada is it cold or still warm?

Thanks!

4 Answers Sep 11, 2016 at 2:34 PM
    • Looking for Boat Shuttle Service Provider

Churchill Sep 9, 2016 at 3:31 PM

Trying to find a Shuttle Service that will take 4 canoes/8 people from the mouth of the Seal River to Churchill. Can't find anything online, but I know there are people providing this services, as there are plenty of conoe trip reports talking about this shuttle service. Looking for approximate costs as I'm trying to convince my group that the Seal is our 2017 adventure.

2 Answers Sep 10, 2016 at 4:39 AM
    • Planning a trip mid October

Vancouver Sep 6, 2016 at 8:06 PM

I am planning my first trip to Canada for mid October. Will fly in to Vancouver for a few days and then to Whistler for a few days. I am concerned about the weather with regards to mostly rain. I have read alot of sites indicating it rains all the time. Any help/advice is much appreciated. Interested mostly in sightseeing, light hiking, shopping, visiting parks and exploring the mountains. Age 45

11 Answers Nov 26, 2016 at 1:55 PM
    • New Brunswick and Nova Scotia

Province of Nova Scotia Sep 6, 2016 at 12:07 PM

We are travelling from Winter Harbor, Maine to New Brunswick and Nova Scotia the week of Sunday, 9/18/16 and leaving out on Thursday 9/22/16. What are the MUST SEE's. We know that we want to go to the Bay of Fundy and Peggy's Cove. We are looking at going from Moncton to Halifax to Peggy's Cove. Wondering about driving Hwy 3 around Shelbourne and then Hwy 1 back to Halifax. We only have several days - want to see as much as possible but not so rushed. Want to enjoy what time we have in this area. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Sep 12, 2016 at 2:04 PM
    • Where to stay in Toronto?

Toronto Sep 5, 2016 at 10:16 PM

Hi,

I´m going to Toronto in October? Where in Toronto do you recommend me to stay, which part of the city?

//Johan

5 Answers Sep 12, 2016 at 11:07 AM
    • yaya15923's Profile Photo

Performing Arts Scene in Edmonton

Edmonton Aug 30, 2016 at 9:20 AM

I will be spending two weeks over the Christmas holiday with family in Edmonton and I would like to know if there is just one main website for performing arts events in the city. Like a one stop shop instead of Googling different theatres in the area. I would ask family directly but I am hoping to get tickets as a surprise. Thanks!

2 Answers Sep 1, 2016 at 3:40 PM
    • Toronto in October?

Toronto Aug 29, 2016 at 12:44 PM

I´m going out travelling for 1,5 week on October.
      But I can´t decide where to go... Today I was thinking of Toronto but I´m a little bit concerned about the weather. So my question is, how is it in the beginning of October?
      I wan´t a nice climat, not to cold, windy and rainy.

7 Answers Oct 4, 2016 at 7:56 AM

SCARBOROUGH BLUFFS

Toronto Aug 29, 2016 at 2:58 AM

is anyone can help me how to reach the cliff in SCARBOROUGH BLUFFS? I've seen so many pics in IG and its really beautiful but some caption I'm seeing they got fined! is it allowed to take photos there or not? I'm visiting Toronto for 7 days and I want to include that in my itinerary. im statying in near to union station and traveling by public transport not by car.

thanks!

4 Answers Aug 30, 2016 at 8:50 AM

Lake Louise in late October

Banff National Park Aug 26, 2016 at 7:27 AM

Hi. I have finally booked my trip to the rockies on Oct16-Oct22. My bf and I will arrive and depart from Calgary and rent a car from there. We are planning to stay in Banff fro 4 days and 3 days in Jasper. I just saw in some reviews that Lake Louise doesn't look as beautiful as it is during summer time. Is this true? Does it really lose it's beautiful turquoise colour in this months? If yes, is there any alternatives or other sceneries that we might enjoy?

Also, from Jasper, what is the quickest route back to Calgary. Our flight from Calgary leaves at 1230pm so we are wondering what time should we leave Jasper? Is it safe to drive at night? Thanks in advance.

9 Answers Aug 27, 2016 at 3:43 AM