Be the First to Answer

Cambodia Oct 4, 2016 at 5:16 AM

would it be advisable to pay with US dollars in Cambodia

4 Answers Oct 5, 2016 at 12:40 AM
    • hb_capri's Profile Photo

Grass Hopper adventure - reliable?

Cambodia Sep 25, 2016 at 4:56 AM

We are planning to go on this tour
      The reviews online are very good. Has anybody done this before? Is there any other company doing this tour? Any pros and cons?

Thanks in advance

4 Answers Sep 25, 2016 at 9:45 AM
    • hb_capri's Profile Photo

Siem Reap Itinerary

Cambodia Sep 25, 2016 at 4:52 AM

We are going on a girls trip to SR during oct 7-11th. We are all in our 30s and our interests are culture, shopping, food and nightlife. We have come up with a tentative itinerary as below. Please let me know if this is do-able and if we have missed out any must-dos. Thank You in advance

07/10/16 11:30 am Arrive
      Friday 1PM Check In

4:30 Night Market (open?)

07-Oct Apsara Dance
      and dinner at Raffles

Saturday 5 am-2pm Sunrise bike tour with Grasshopper
      Angkor Wat
      Angkor Pho
      Ta Phrom

Night Market
      Sombai tasting
      Pub Street
      Sunday Morning

Shinta mani Market

3:30 Tonlesap floating village and sunset cruise

Monday Cooking / Pottery Class

3 Answers Sep 25, 2016 at 2:27 PM
    • cosmichoover's Profile Photo

Boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap

Cambodia Sep 15, 2016 at 3:12 AM

Hello! Is it advisable to book this boat trip in advance? We will be travelling on November 22nd, I'm not sure how busy this time of year will be, but guessing it could be quite busy. Many thanks in advance!

6 Answers Sep 16, 2016 at 12:06 AM
    • Visa on arrival for British Citizens

Cambodia Aug 16, 2016 at 1:52 AM

I am in Sri Lanka now. Wish to go to Phnom Penh.
      Should I get a stamped visa on my passport prior to entry or can I just go and get one on arrival at the airport?

3 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 9:51 PM
    • Phnom Penh and nearby villages

Phnom Penh Jun 24, 2016 at 2:25 AM

Hi everyone. I will be for 4 days in Phnom Penh next week and I would like to live the real life of rural villages, rice farmers, children's and people's condition in local little villages.I'm a photographer and it's quite difficult for me to find out where to go in a range of 30/50 Km from the city. Has someone suggestions? In which direction to go? Which villages? Does someone know a local guide to suggest? (not a touristic guide, since I don't need to go to touristic places). Thanks a lot in advance. Dan

5 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 3:23 AM
    • Lillian90's Profile Photo

Malaria prophylaxis

Cambodia Jun 23, 2016 at 11:43 PM

I am travelling to Cambodia and the Philippines this summer.
      I am staying a week in Cambodia, 3 days in Siem Reap and 4 days in Phnom Phen. Then I am going to the Philipines for almost two weeks, 6 days in Laoag and Pagudpud and then the rest of the time in Manila.
      When I look at the Danish health department's guidelines for Malaria prophylaxis they recommend to take tablets but they then link to a malaria map on the national health services website for the UK, and when I look at that map the areas I am visiting has the "low to no risk, antimalaria is usually not advised" colour.
      So I am a bit torn on what to do, does people normally take antimalaria tablets when travelling in these areas, or just make sure to use mozzie reppellant with DEET and proper clothing?
      I am thinking theres always a risk that there will be a malaria infected mozzie in the area because you cant control where they fly, and I normally trust the travel advices of the health department.

Any advices from experienced travellers in these areas would be appreciated!

3 Answers Jun 24, 2016 at 6:15 PM
    • Looking forFrench guy with original crepes (French pancakes)

Siem Reap Jun 21, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Looking forFrench guy with original crepes (French pancakes)
      Jun 20, 2016, 10:24 PM
      Hello SR-lovers. I had the pleasure of spending 3 daus in SR last week. It were memorable days. Just left a few days ago and I will be back.

I am Rob from Belgium and I import a couple of things. This was my first time in Cambodia and I loved it. We were making a trip from Bangkok, HCMC Vietnam, Mekong deta PP and SR and I am now on Koh Tao.

During my stay in SR I met a French guy who was selling original French crepes on the night market on SR. He lived there since 1 month with his Cambodian girlfriend. He spoke very good English and we agreed to stay in contact. But that evening I lost my smartphone and I don't have his details anymore.

Can anyone who is in SR at this moment and who meets this guy ask him to contact me? You can not miss him. He is the only one who is selling French pancakes. He has a nice little booth with French flags.

He can send me an email on

Would appriciate any help!!!

3 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 9:56 PM
    • adelinemmc's Profile Photo

Kirum green kampot pepper sauce

Cambodia May 23, 2016 at 1:56 AM

Hi all

I visited Cambodia in 2014 and got totally addicted to the Kirum pepper sauce made by Comfirel. You can see it here:
      It's available from almost all supermarkets in Cambodia. I live in London and have tried everything over the last 2 years to get Comfirel or other companies to send me a box of it but they don't export. I even considered getting some exported in the US then sent to me in the UK but it's a bit complicated.

So if you are based in the UK (or France as my family is in France & my dad is crazy about the sauce too!) and travelling to Cambodia in the near or medium future, would you mind bringing back a few bottles/ (the bigger bottles the better and the more the even better but I'm begging stage so I'll take anything!).

I'll refund you, pay for any postage & give you extra to say thanks and if you are in London, I'll buy you a pint on top!

Let me know!

8 Answers May 25, 2016 at 6:03 AM
    • Siem Reap & South Coast

Cambodia May 18, 2016 at 11:28 PM

Hi, I will be visiting Cambodia with some friends in November. We'd like to do Siem Reap to visit Angkor Wat (maybe 3 days?) and then head to the South Coast for about a week of lazing on the beach - not sure which beach/islands just yet. Hoping for some logistic tips? Thinking it would be best to fly into Siem Reap, then fly to Sihanoukville. When leaving would we be best to fly out of Phnom Penh? And what is the best way to get there from Sihanoukville (I've heard some horror stories about bus trips)? Any advice/suggestions would be much appreciated!

6 Answers Jun 17, 2016 at 12:06 AM
    • theyogamama's Profile Photo

Restaurant Ta Prom

Angkor Wat May 15, 2016 at 6:37 AM

I am looking for a very nice restaurant near Ta Prohm, any suggestions? TIA

9 Answers May 18, 2016 at 6:32 AM
    • Spring or fall?

Cambodia Apr 18, 2016 at 11:48 AM

We're planning a trip in 2017 to Cambodia, Laos, and Vietnam. What would be best season to go? Late April or September. Not sure if we can hit all three or only 2 countries. Any suggestions?

6 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 10:00 PM
    • Can you visit Battanmbang from Siem Reap in a day?

Siem Reap Mar 3, 2016 at 10:13 PM

I will be staying in Siem Reap for a day longer than my tour, and want to know if I can get to Battambang and have a look around, then back to Siem Reap for the night?

15 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 2:17 AM
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Exchange money in Siem Rap

Siem Reap Feb 27, 2016 at 7:15 AM

I will be in Siem Reap (Angkor) from 25 to 29 March, arriving by plane and return from this city also.

Being a very tourist destination, I wonder if it is really necessary to change U$S x Riel (KHR) or should change the minimum (which would be a value to exchange in those days?)

Thank you for answers

Rodolfo Brasil

17 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 4:56 AM
    • RodolfoBrasil's Profile Photo

Angkor Bat Tour

Angkor Wat Feb 17, 2016 at 4:17 PM

Next month will be in Cambodia and would appreciate some indication reliable tourist agencies to make a tour to Angkor Bat (2 or 3 days).

Thank you!!!

8 Answers Mar 19, 2016 at 7:54 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is there free transportation between Siem Reap Airport and Anlong Veng?

Anlong Veng Feb 11, 2016 at 6:48 AM

Is there free transportation between Siem Reap Airport and Anlong Veng? i saw one advertisement at a shop of the airport stating free transport is available between the airport and Anlong Veng but schedules are not indicated.

2 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Lightings on Angkor Wat at night?

Angkor Wat Feb 10, 2016 at 6:01 AM

Is anyone allowed to install lightings on Angkor Wat at night? I notice some Facebook pages show Angkor Wat was lit up at night. Is anyone allowed to stay there beyond 6 pm?

4 Answers Feb 11, 2016 at 2:27 PM
    • robertopele's Profile Photo

Boat or Bus

Phnom Penh Feb 2, 2016 at 2:00 PM

Hi, what are the advantages/disadvantages of getting to Siem Reap from Phnom Penh on the boat or bus. Thanks

4 Answers Mar 19, 2016 at 7:59 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Is it safe to carry a shopping bag or messenger bag with buckle when shopping in Siem Reap?

Siem Reap Jan 28, 2016 at 6:52 AM

I have read various advisories about travel in Siem Reap. All alerts about shoulder bag-snatching, theft and scams paint a picture of a glim and dangerous city of Siem Reap. May i ask is it safe to put on a messenger bag attached to my waist with a buckle or a shopping bag when shopping in Siem Reap during daylight hours? I fly to Siem Reap this Sunday.

14 Answers Feb 7, 2016 at 1:29 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Mosquito problems in Siem Reap

Siem Reap Jan 27, 2016 at 5:58 AM

Is Siem Reap filled with dengue-mosquitoes? Is it necessary to bring mosquito repellent to Siem Reap especially when visiting Angkor Wat?

5 Answers Jan 28, 2016 at 9:24 PM
    • TT Vietnam visa

Phnom Penh Jan 25, 2016 at 8:54 PM

I need to apply in person at the Vietnam Embassy for a TT visa, which I need before I can obtain a Visa Exemption Certificate. Does anyone know how long it takes? Same day? Next day? Longer? Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jan 26, 2016 at 2:40 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Problem of bag-snatching in Siem Reap

Siem Reap Jan 24, 2016 at 6:19 AM

May i know whether bag-snatching is still a recurrent problem only in Pub Street or throughout Siem Reap? Do the bags snatched include shopping bags? Or only backpack?

4 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 8:51 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Are US$2 bills still acceptable in Siem Reap?

Siem Reap Jan 24, 2016 at 5:37 AM

Are US$2 bills still acceptable in Siem Reap? Some tourists said yes, some said no.

13 Answers Jan 25, 2016 at 2:29 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Are Siem Reap taxi drivers reliable? Question on 8-hours Siem Reap taxi trip cost

Siem Reap Jan 23, 2016 at 6:15 AM

Can i know whether Siem Reap taxi drivers reliable? Do they know addresses well? Is a 8-hours round trip in Siem Reap that costs US$38.50 considered reasonable? The trip includes a number of stops along the way as i wish to visit about 6 offices, lunch at a restaurant on River Road, Angkor National Museum and Wat Preah Rath Roth.

5 Answers Feb 3, 2016 at 2:45 PM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Sunrise Tour in Angkor Archaeological Park

Siem Reap Jan 21, 2016 at 4:37 PM

Knowing that there are no sign directions in Angkor, based on your experiences, where are the good viewing points to see Angkor Wat at sun rise? How do you find your way with torchlight if you are alone?

37 Answers Feb 9, 2016 at 7:26 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Where exactly to eat vegetarian food in Siem Reap? Need full addresses

Siem Reap Jan 16, 2016 at 5:00 PM

I have been looking for a list of exact addresses of vegetarian restaurants or food courts in Siem Reap on Internet but i can't find any. Addresses come only in roads' names. Can anyone let me know where can i find exact directions to the restaurants? At least the alleys' names and unit numbers will help.

Also for guests not staying in Victoria Angkor Hotel and Park Hyatt, can they enter these hotels' restaurants to dine?

Also does Lim Fan Chinese Restaurant at Angkor National Museum Mall sell vegetarian options? I only notice seafood on its Facebook. Is there vegetarian restaurant at Angkor National Museum Mall?

6 Answers Jan 17, 2016 at 7:00 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Hot air ballooning in Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Jan 14, 2016 at 2:47 PM

Is it worth hot air ballooning to see Angkor Wat? It costs US$15 per ride. Do you actually see Angkor Wat from the air?

15 Answers Jan 18, 2016 at 7:09 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

one-day pass for Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Jan 14, 2016 at 2:45 PM

Can i know whether the one-day pass for Angkor Wat is counted from the hour i enter Angkor Wat in late afternoon before 5 pm to the next day sunset? Or is it only counting the day i visit and not extend to the next day?

47 Answers Jan 20, 2016 at 10:49 PM
    • Phnom Penh:Halal/Muslim food

Phnom Penh Jan 5, 2016 at 9:55 AM

Any restaurants or food stalls serving reasonably priced Halal or Muslim food within walking distance to the following shopping areas?

1. Central Market
      2. Russian Market
      3. Night Market
      4. Sorya Shopping Centre
      5. Aeon Mall
      6.Sovanna Shopping Complex

3 Answers Jan 7, 2016 at 9:10 AM
    • Suggest Shopping Itinerary for 5 days & 4 nights in Phnom Penh

Phnom Penh Jan 3, 2016 at 2:12 AM

I am not familiar with the location/transportation of the recommended shopping centres.
      Please suggest an appropriate itinerary(with budget transportation cost) for two people considering that:
      1. Arrival in Pnom Penh: early thursday morning

Departure from Pnom Penh: monday evening

2. Accomodation : already booked hotel near waterfront
      3. Shopping Interest: textiles, clothing, leather, jewellery, cambodian food(eg. preserved fruits,nuts to take home)

7 Answers Jan 5, 2016 at 1:37 AM