VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Cajamarca

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Puno, Copacabana or both

Puno Jan 30, 2017 at 2:59 PM

My plan is to do Arequipa to La paz route, in 3 full days(2 nigths).

1. Should I stay one night in Puno and one in Copacabana? What do you recommend?

2. Is this route doable in 2 days, 1 night? In this case, were should I stop during the night?

Thank you

more
    • Cusco vs Arequipa

Peru Feb 7, 2017 at 12:17 PM

2 Full days Cusco and 2 days Arequipa?
      Or 3 days Cusco and 1 day Arequipa?

more
    • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Rainbow mountain trek

Peru Feb 4, 2017 at 1:16 AM

Hello!
      I will do the Inka trail in the end of June, and before that I will spend a week in and around Cusco.
      After the Inka Trail I would like to do a Vinicunca Rainbow mountain trek, not a one day hike but one that is at least two days long, or more.
      How easy is it to find a trek like that, for the beginning of July, while I’m in Cusco?
      If booked directly at a travel agent in Cusco, how much do the treks cost?
      Which agency would you recommend?

more

Near Cajamarca

• hawkhead's Profile Photo

Hotel Cajamarca

by hawkhead Online Now Aug 25, 2013 at 2:04 AM

Has anyone stayed in this hotel, reasonably recently? Comments, please, would be appreciated. Ditto, from anyone living in Cajamarca, as to reputation, etc.

3 Answers Aug 27, 2013 at 1:59 AM
    • Hotel or Hostal in Cajamarca

by nhoolb Online Now Aug 4, 2011 at 10:39 AM

I'm planning to go to Cajamarca (finally), from Chiclayo or Trujillo, end of this year.

Does anybody have a suggestion, from personal experience, for a clean, comfortable, nice hotel / hostal in Cajamarca, preferably in the centre.

Looking at price range around 200 to 300 soles per room per night (€ 50 to € 75 / USD 70 to USD 106)

5 Answers Aug 12, 2011 at 1:38 PM
    • Smruti's Profile Photo

Cajamarca-worth it?

by Smruti Online Now Dec 23, 2004 at 1:44 AM

I am trying to decide my Peru travel plans- we'll be there in February and apparently due to cleanup plans, the Inca Trail is only open for two days. I thought it would be nice to get off the "Gringo Trail" and try for a relatively untouristy part of Peru. Can the hot springs at Banos del Inca, the "window" tombs and the Water Channel and Cajamarca itself fill up 2-3 days?

2 Answers Dec 23, 2004 at 3:41 PM