Travel Answers
Cachtice

change location
  • Can anyone suggest accommodation in Cachtice Village ?

by aves8nas Online Now Dec 29, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Hi ,
    I'll be travelling to Cachtice in the new year to see the castle . Can anyone suggest half decent reasonably priced accommodation in the village ? Also will be after an English speaking tour guide if possible .

• Which is the best way to get to Cachtice Castle from Krakow ?

by aves8nas Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi , I just need some logistics . I'm staying in Krakow for six nights but want to visit Cachtice Castle . I won't be hiring a car so I'll t need to get there by train . Also I'll need accommodation near the castle for one night . Are there tour guide vans to take you up there ? Or cabs ? I have bad hip arthritis so I don't fancy the climb ! Also I'll be travelling alone so is there anyone nearby who can speak adequate English for assistance ?

4 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:07 AM
  • -=Cachtice Castle=-

by Metroid Online Now Sep 14, 2006 at 12:29 PM

Anyone know how loooonng the walk is from Cachtice to the castle? Google Earth states 2 miles but online I hear people walking 2 hours to get there...can someone clarify please
    Thanks
    D

3 Answers Oct 12, 2006 at 8:15 AM
  • -=Luggage=-

by Metroid Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Can I leave my luggage at either place for the day (about 6 hours)?
    Cachtice,,nám.
    Nové Mesto n.V.,,zel.st. MHD
    I would like to drop off the luggage at either station and then pick it up once I return from the site seeing. I have about 3 pieces of luggage.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2006 at 3:38 AM
  • nailbunny's Profile Photo

re:a little advice please

by nailbunny Online Now Feb 9, 2005 at 10:33 AM

I'm planning a multicounrty trip to Europe over this coming summer and would like to include a trip to the Cachtice Castle ruins as well as Ecsed(The Bathory burial grounds) Im finding it very difficult to locate Ecsed, even more difficult to find a way to get there. Are the burial grounds open to the public? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2005 at 1:22 AM