VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Cachtice

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Muscovite's Profile Photo

Further contacts

Bratislava Feb 13, 2017 at 4:56 AM

Hi folks, still here?
      Just when I was going to search for Home Exchange chances (maybe Christmas) in Bratislava, VT goes down! I was seriously planning to visit Bratislava again one day - I was there once very, very long ago, it looked nice and friendly.
      Anybody is moving to TravBuddy or TravellerPoint?

more
    • Can anyone suggest accommodation in Cachtice Village ?

by aves8nas Online Now Dec 29, 2015 at 9:17 PM

Hi ,
      I'll be travelling to Cachtice in the new year to see the castle . Can anyone suggest half decent reasonably priced accommodation in the village ? Also will be after an English speaking tour guide if possible .

• Which is the best way to get to Cachtice Castle from Krakow ?

by aves8nas Online Now Aug 5, 2014 at 6:24 AM

Hi , I just need some logistics . I'm staying in Krakow for six nights but want to visit Cachtice Castle . I won't be hiring a car so I'll t need to get there by train . Also I'll need accommodation near the castle for one night . Are there tour guide vans to take you up there ? Or cabs ? I have bad hip arthritis so I don't fancy the climb ! Also I'll be travelling alone so is there anyone nearby who can speak adequate English for assistance ?

4 Answers Oct 23, 2014 at 2:07 AM
    • -=Cachtice Castle=-

by Metroid Online Now Sep 14, 2006 at 12:29 PM

Anyone know how loooonng the walk is from Cachtice to the castle? Google Earth states 2 miles but online I hear people walking 2 hours to get there...can someone clarify please
      Thanks
      D

3 Answers Oct 12, 2006 at 8:15 AM
    • -=Luggage=-

by Metroid Online Now Jun 4, 2006 at 9:46 AM

Can I leave my luggage at either place for the day (about 6 hours)?
      Cachtice,,nám.
      Nové Mesto n.V.,,zel.st. MHD
      I would like to drop off the luggage at either station and then pick it up once I return from the site seeing. I have about 3 pieces of luggage.

1 Answer Jun 5, 2006 at 3:38 AM
    • nailbunny's Profile Photo

re:a little advice please

by nailbunny Online Now Feb 9, 2005 at 10:33 AM

I'm planning a multicounrty trip to Europe over this coming summer and would like to include a trip to the Cachtice Castle ruins as well as Ecsed(The Bathory burial grounds) Im finding it very difficult to locate Ecsed, even more difficult to find a way to get there. Are the burial grounds open to the public? Any help would be appreciated.

1 Answer Feb 10, 2005 at 1:22 AM