change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Sally Lunns

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Is this far from the railway station please?

more
    • London Reconstructing of Big Ben

London Nov 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Hi all,
      I will be heading to London for the first time in Feb 2017.
      News had mention that the reconstructing of Big Ben will start in early 2017. The last news available was in April 2017 about the works. I have also read the FAQ at the parliament website but they do not really have an indicative date.
      Read that scaffolding will take 4-6 months to build. Not sure if the view in Feb will be much effected. Saw google images of the tower with scaffolding and it's not a very pretty sight. :(
      Anyone knows of any news of the work schedule or any comments much appreciated.

more
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Gatwick changes

London Nov 25, 2016 at 10:24 AM

I have posted this on the TRAVEL ALERTS section here on VT but don't know if there is any other place to post.

From the 25th January 2017
      These changes take place at London Gatwick
      British Airways will operate from South Terminal
      Easyjet and Virgin will operate from the North Terminal.

Found this when I tried to book parking at Gatwick's aiport and this warning came up.

Feel free to move to any appropriate section

more
    • TERMINAL TRANSFER

Heathrow Nov 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I am travelling from Delhi to Terminal2 I have to get my complete luggage and then go to Terminal 3 for check IS this possible or I have to get visa

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Bus service

Carlisle Nov 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Is there a bus service from Court Square ( or nearby ) to The Sands Centre ( or near ). I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the internet

more
    • Leeds, Temple Newsam, where to stay

Leeds Nov 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I plan to drive from the Scottish Borders, stopping at Hadrian's Wall then to Leeds where I'd spend one night then visit Temple Newsam the following morning.

Can anyone recommend a pleasant b&b near TN?

Is Temple Newsam in the city, a suburb or rural area? I'd like to stay in a less populated area.

I haven't been able to learn much on the net. Is Wakefield convenient to TN?

Thanks!

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • Tax free shopping

Heathrow Nov 5, 2016 at 5:53 PM

I have purchased some stuff from the UK and have tax free shopping forms that I have filled.
      But in order to get the tax I need to show the goods to the customs officer. As I would have checked in my luggage. How is it possible?
      Can I go through customs before checking in the luggage.

I will be departing from terminal 4

more

The Royal Crescent

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hi is this museum easy to find from the railway station, also how much time does it take to get round?

more
    • Oyster or contactless

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM

is there any advantage to buying the oyster cards or is using concatless cards just the same.

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • Transit visa

England Nov 5, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Good day.My family (live in Tallinn) is flying on vacation in January on Gran Canaria in transit through London( 6 hours at Luton airport) and back through Leeds (5 hours)
      My daughter has a European passport(11 years) and me and my wife of the Estonian alien's passport.
      We need transit visas? and how to make them? Thank you in advance for the answer

more

Weatherspoons

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Is there one in Bath please?

more
    • Cheap accommodation near London

London Nov 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hello! I'm travelling to London this Saturday, but I don't have a place to stay yet. I will be in London for 1 month and I was wondering if you recommend any location near London where it might be cheaper, or if you know of any Web page in which people offer rooms for short term accommodation. Thank you so much!

more
    • Family attractions

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I need to keep two young children and 3 young adults entertained.

I´ve book tussauds and the london eye. We are hoping to go to Winterwonderland and see Buckinhgam palace. Are there any must sees or child freindly activities.

more
    • Luggage storage on departure day .

London Nov 21, 2016 at 7:50 PM

The accommodation we have booked dont have luggage storage facilities on our departure day. We check out at 10 and have a train booked for 4. I've checked at the train station and the cost is £87. ( 1 case and 6x Hand luggage) is this my only option? We were hoping to use our last day to visit winter wonderland .

more
    • visiting highclere castle from london

London Nov 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM

best way to get to HIghclere Castle from London. I was going to take a tour from London but they all include other stops for a full day. I'd just like to go to the castle and gardens. Any thoughts

more
    • baileypowell's Profile Photo

London & Ireland for 2 Weeks - Seeking Advice

London Nov 20, 2016 at 3:28 PM

My husband and I are thinking of doing this trip next summer (likely mid-July or early August).

We want to spend 2 weeks: 1 week in/around London then 1 week for Ireland including travel time.

We have lots we want to do in London - I am a huge British monarchy & literary history buff, plus we have some family in Suffolk so I feel like we have enough to occupy us there for a week. Then we were thinking of doing the rail & sail through Wales to Dublin and renting a car in Dublin to cruise around a bit for 5 days. We'd like to stay in Dublin a few nights, want to visit Blarney Castle, the Cliffs of Moher, maybe drive the Wild Atlantic Way, and stay in Galway as well. We'd then have to head back to London as I'm sure it will be cheaper to fly in/out of there.

Does this sound like a feasible trip? Any recommendations you can offer for the Ireland leg - that itinerary is just based on the very basic things I know about Ireland, obviously, so very open to hearing what you all think! Any suggestions for things to do in London, too, are appreciated.

We are planning on getting an airbnb outside the city centre for London and also wondering about affordability of lodgings in Dublin/Galway. Thanks!

more
    • stella-artois's Profile Photo

Helpful advice

London Nov 26, 2016 at 10:08 AM

What is the least expensive and best time to try and send my parents to London?

more
    • Any suggestions

London Nov 18, 2016 at 1:19 PM

Im visiting London soon. We are a family of 7 , 4 kids 2 x19, 17, 8 and 7. We are staying on tower bridge road. Hopefully visiting London eye, buckingham palace, hyde park, Tower bridge and Tusaudes and hoping to see the sky gardens too.
      Can anyone offer local info on places to eat on tower bridge road. We´ll probablly need to be near the apartment early evening for the younger children.

Also is transport easy from tower bridge road into the centre ? Is it easy enough to get 2 x cabs to take us into the centre or will we need to get a bus to the local tube station.

Any info or tips will be muchly appreciated.

more
    • Dabs's Profile Photo

December visit

London Nov 21, 2016 at 8:40 AM

I will be popping over to your side of the pond (again!!!) in early December. I've got all of my shows lined up, including a panto, so my evenings are all booked up but was looking for any special things to do during the day. I've been to a lot of the Christmas related things (Winter Wonderland, Southbank & Tate markets) but if there are any special exhibits at museums that I should try and fit in or maybe some place that is decorated nicely for the holidays, I'd love to hear about it.

more
    • Do i need a Visa?

Heathrow Nov 25, 2016 at 1:03 AM

Me and my Friends are going to Los Angeles via London and Washington. I am a turkish citizen living in Germany and have a valid US visa. Our flight is from Dusseldorf to London and we have a layover for about 1.20h in Heathrow. The airline company told us we have to collect our luggage and have to check in again in Heatrow. My question is what if I have to cross the border even with a vilid US visa do I still need a tranist visa for UK? We will arrive and depart from terminal 2.
      BTW we fly in with Eurowings and continue with United Airlines till to our destination. Maybe someone has experienced before.
      Thank you for ur answer in advance
      Zeynep

more
    • Thanks but I need a little more...

by bosslady016 Online Now Jan 9, 2004 at 9:49 PM

Thanks to everyone who answered my last question, in particular Joe who was super helpful. I just need a little more info. My friend and I who are going to London decided that we will stay in a county closer to London and travel to Derbyshire for a day trip instead of staying there and paying rail into London for 4 days. But, if we stay in like a county that's only like half an hour out of London, can we get a cab into the city? How much is it, I live in a small town so I don't know anything about cabs, much less London cabs. I still need lots more info about transportation. THANKS THANKS THANKS! If all Europeans are as friendly as you guys- I'm twice as excited! PS- Is Europeans politcally correct?

8 Answers May 3, 2007 at 2:30 PM
    • Travel in Europe--United Kingdom--Derbyshire--Buxton

by bosslady016 Online Now Jan 9, 2004 at 8:51 AM

I am having a terrible time finding accurate information about transportation for my trip to London. I don't want to stay in London because it's too expensive. I want to stay in a surrounding county, I chose Derbyshire because of the beautiful pictures I've seen and that it contains many of the sightseeing places I want to go including Lyme Park. However, I can't find how far it is from Derbyshire to London. How far is it? What are the different transportations to get there and how much do they cost? Is there another surrounding county you would recommend?

8 Answers Jan 9, 2004 at 4:01 PM
    • Vickster's Profile Photo

Please help!

by Vickster Online Now Dec 2, 2002 at 9:21 AM

Can anyone tell me what Buxon in Derbyshire, UK is well known for? Cheers.

7 Answers Jan 14, 2006 at 2:17 PM