Butte

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Question re traffic to Cedar Key

Cedar Key May 20, 2016 at 2:37 PM

My wife is in Inverness and wants to go Cedar Key on Saturday (May 21, 2016). She is wondering if it will terrible traffic on 24 especially. Is Cedar Key crazy on Saturdays?

more
    • Kid friendly things to do on way to and in Myrtle Beach/Garden City area

Myrtle Beach May 17, 2016 at 10:35 AM

We're driving from Chicago to Garden City, SC (20 miles from Myrtle Beach) this weekend. We'll have kids ranging from 7 to 2 1/2. We'd like to spend an afternoon doing something fun on the way down to break up the trip a little. And we're also looking for suggestions in the Myrtle Beach/Garden City area, especially rainy day stuff, as the ocean and pool will probably take care of the nice days. We were thinking of stopping in Smokey Mt. Nat'l Park, at the north visitor center, near Gatlinburg. Does anyone have any specific suggestions for easy hikes or anything to do fairly close to the visitor center. We'll only have the 7 and 4 year old with us on the way down.

more
    • Eagle Lake or Mosquito Lakes?

Mineral King May 12, 2016 at 3:14 PM

I'm taking my family backpacking this summer and wanted to get people's opinions on whether to go to Eagle Lake or the Mosquito Lakes on our trip up from Mineral King?

more
    • ronih2o's Profile Photo

Best hair salon

Longview May 10, 2016 at 7:07 PM

Just moved here and need to find a great stylist for my crazy hair? Yelp reviews look weird.

more
    • Transportation

New Orleans 2 hours ago

What is the best way to get from La Quinta inn at the airport to the Carnival Cruse port.

more
    • uber in wichita

Wichita Yesterday

How reliable is using uber to get to the airport very early in the morning like 4 am?

more
    • Morgandy14's Profile Photo

How to turn off subscribe to all

United States of America May 28, 2016 at 9:56 AM

This morning I am suddenly flooded with emails of every post, not just mine

Where exactly do I go to unsubscribe to all of these?

Thanks greatly...

more
    • Safe hotels

Fresno May 21, 2016 at 7:47 PM

I'm looking for a safe and nice hotel to stay at in fresno. My destination is the Turtle lodge consortium on mckinley ave. Fresno.

more
    • acloud's Profile Photo

Antiquing and eating in the Branson area

Branson May 19, 2016 at 1:43 PM

I'm driving my parents to Branson to enjoy a few days of shows and shopping. The only reason I'll be there is the drive them around. I'd really like to explore some small towns to antique and enjoy local food while they do their thing. Any suggestions of some out of the way places or hole-in-the-walls?

more
    • Possible to do your own self-tour manta ray night snorkle?

Hawaii (Big Island) May 17, 2016 at 1:15 PM

are there any places to do a manta ray snorkel without involving a tour company?
      If so, what does one bring to such event? Underwater flashlight? Is a camera with flash ok?
      I'm an experienced day time snorkeler but have no clue what to bring to this party and expect so your advice and tiips would be appreciated.

more
    • best scenic trails

South Lake Tahoe May 9, 2016 at 10:15 AM

Please let me know about the most beautiful trails for hiking which provide best views of the lake?

more
    • want to take pictures of NYC Trump properties

New York City May 8, 2016 at 5:33 PM

Want to take photos of Trump buildings when I visit in June.

Prefer those with his name displayed.

Compiled this list from wiki.

Any corrections, additions, comments, etc., appreciated!!

Thanks in advance:

Trump owned:

Trump Tower, 725 Fifth Avenue, Midtown Manhattan: A 68-story mixed-use tower

Trump World Tower, 845 United Nations Plaza, Midtown Manhattan

AXA Financial Center 1290 Avenue of the Americas

The Trump Building at 40 Wall Street

Riverside South/Trump Place address?

Trump International Hotel and Tower New York address?

Trump Park Avenue Park Avenue & 59th Street

Central Park Carousel address?

Wollman Rink: public ice rink southern part of Central Park address?  

Trump licenses name:

Trump Palace: 200 East 69th Street

Trump Parc 38-story & Trump Parc East 14-story: adjoining buildings Central Park South, SW corner Avenue of the Americas.

Trump Plaza: 167 East 61st Street, 39-story

610 Park Avenue (Old Mayfair Hotel)

Trump SoHo: Hotel Condominium (under construction??) address?

more
    • yusha's Profile Photo

New York City to Quebec City in 30-40 days by car

United States of America May 3, 2016 at 1:26 PM

Please,be so kind as to respond the questions bellow, for two scenarios :

A-Travelling in may-jun

B-Travelling in august

1-Which routes to take?Hotels?,etc ?

2-Best stops and places,preferably near the sea

3-What to see

4-What to do? (walking is not a problem for us)

5-traffic problems

Thank you so much indeed

more
    • rockworm's Profile Photo

Best dance club for 40+ age group

Las Vegas May 2, 2016 at 9:19 AM

Want a club that gets busy, plays something other than the techno stuff, and has a diverse crowd, where 40+ is a decent part of that crowd.

more
    • things to see in traverse city

Traverse City May 2, 2016 at 3:02 AM

whats to see during 2 day stay

more
    • Driving from San Francisco to yosemite. Suggestions on make the most of the drive

San Francisco 9 hours ago

Driving from SF to Yosemite Park. 1st week of August. I guess trip is about 3-4 hrs. Any suggestions of anything to see on route. Suggestions for breaks also welcome.

more
    • moving there

Waycross 13 hours ago

I'm thinking about moving my family there is this a good decision

more
    • Walking in Yosemite National Park 2 adults 2 teenagers

Yosemite National Park Yesterday

We are staying at the lodge at the falls, early August. 3 nights.
      We enjoy a walk with a view. Should we do our own walks or take a guide?
      Any suggestions for other excursions while there? Should we book in advance?
      Our Daughter rides horses, we don't! Any suitable pony/horse treks?
      Any chances of water fun? or too dry.

more
    • 6 Days in Denver

Denver Yesterday

Hey...My husband, daughter (6 1/2) and myself will be traveling to Denver for the first time next month. Ideally, we'd like to visit: Boulder, Ft Collins, Estes Park, Red Rock Park and Denver as well. I was hoping for some pointers on where to go specifically within these cites? As of now, we've booked a hotel in Lone Tree,but I feel the daily commute would be exhausting. Thoughts? Is Lone Tree close to thriving, lively parts of Denver? Luckily, we can amend our reservation and book a few hotels/ Air BNB in each location (if necessary) I am wondering where it would make sense to stay if we decide to stay sleep in location? If Denver is the answer, which specific neighborhood? We would like do some fun, family friendly activities as well as some adult outings for us. Any specific tours, festivals, areas to check out? We would love to go hiking and be outdoors, too. Visiting 6/28 - 7/3. If there are specific events not to be missed, please do share. Appreciate your assistance! - Edie

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Transportation from airport

Chicago May 26, 2016 at 7:05 PM

Hi,

How do I get from O'Hare to Majestic Hotel at 528 West Brompton?

Thanks

more
    • Tour Languages at Old Town Trolley in San Diego?

San Diego May 18, 2016 at 7:48 PM

Hello, at Old Town Trolley Tour, what languages do they use? Could you listen to the recorded tour at all? Is it only in English?' Thanks

more
    • La Mesa to downtown San diego

California May 18, 2016 at 2:15 PM

Fastest way to get to downtown San Diego from la Mesa 91941 area every morning early in the morning ?!

more
    • Leaving the strip to shop

Las Vegas May 17, 2016 at 11:38 PM

I'm planning on going to the mob museum and planning to shop at the big and tall store on 4211 Paradise Rd. I'm from Canada. What's the safest mode of transport and are those locations safe to travel? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

more
    • Denver or Boulder?

Denver May 17, 2016 at 2:09 AM

Hi guys,
      I'll be visiting Denver in a couple of weeks for a conference, after which I'll have a couple of days of vacation. Would you recommend I stayed in Denver or go out to Boulder? Perhaps elsewhere?
      Thanks.

more
    • Tubing the Kern River

Kernville May 11, 2016 at 9:04 AM

We are camping in Kernville and want to enjoy the river. Should we bring our own tubes?

more
    • Follow-up to previous question

by deckerfam Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Just spoke with my Dad. He said that there were actually 3 identical mansions on Granite Street. We rented the one (I believe) was on a corner, which was owned by Mr. and Mrs. Byrd (the town bakers) who lived in the 2nd mansion next door. Dad said that there was also a third mansion next door to the Byrds in which a retired college professor (woman) lived in. The three mansions were not exactly identical, but very, very similar.
      Being small children, we were certain that the mansion was haunted. There were two very small rooms in the gables where we would tell ghost stories and scare ourselves silly. There was also a locked door to a room which had no floor ---this conjured up all sorts of frightening scenarios for us. The huge basement garage with period laundry room was another very eerie part of the home. Dad said Mr. Byrd didn't want to rent it until Dad offered $500/mo which was a lot of money in 1966. We moved their in June 1966 and moved back to Colorado Springs, CO in September 1967. How fortunate we were to have such an amazing experience in Butte, Montana.
      Any info you could share about this home, or the trio, would be greatly appreciated. Brightest Blessings, Anne Decker ---Sedona, AZ

3 Answers Sep 9, 2013 at 5:41 PM
    • 2 identical mansions on Granite St at the top of the Hill.

by deckerfam Online Now Sep 8, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Good morning! During 1966-68 my father was transferred to Butte to manage the Social Security office. At that time, all but one of my eight brothers and sisters lived at home, so we needed a large place to rent. We were very fortunate to live in a mansion on a corner (I believe) on Granite St at the top of a hill. We lived next door to Mr. & Mrs. Byrd who owned both homes. They owned and operated the local bakery.
      Although, I was only 6-8 years old, I have vivid memories of this fantastic home...gables, woodwork, fireplaces, basement garage, etc. I was wondering what the address was and if it was still in a state of good repair, as it was in the sixties.
      Also, we have a motorhome and I wondered if you could suggest a good time (and possibly motor home park) of the year to visit Butte.
      We live in Sedona, AZ. My parents live in Clarkdale near Jerome, AZ ---William Clark's other hangout!

1 Answer Sep 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM
    • Butte Montana Lodging

by bcala Online Now Jun 13, 2005 at 9:46 AM

Looking for feedback on the Copper King Lodge by the airport. I think it used to be owned by Ramada and is now owned by another company. Thanks!