change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Belogradcik, Rila Lakes and cities - 3 questions

Bulgaria Oct 24, 2016 at 8:04 AM

Hello,
      We'll drive to Sofia and spend there few days in the country this weekend. As we drive from Beograd, Belogradcik seems to be logical as first place to visit. Is it possible to explore the region with a short hiking in early November or weather does not permit it anymore? Then we would also like to visit Rila of course, and I was told, Rila Seven Lakes also worth to visit. My question is the same, whether it is possible to go there these days or it is too cold, frozen etc.? We are middle aged couple and in good health, but we don't use to hike with special equipment. Finally, another type question. Considering limited time, we probably can visit either Plovdiv or Veliko Tarnovo. Which one do you believe to be a better choice if we don't have time for both? Thanks,
      Tamas

10 Answers Oct 27, 2016 at 1:39 AM
    • Bus from Plovdiv to Edirne, Turkey

Plovdiv Sep 19, 2016 at 2:07 PM

Does anyone have any information about busses from Plovdiv to Edirne in Turkey. What bus station, times, duration and prices

4 Answers Sep 20, 2016 at 6:03 AM
    • Enough money

Bulgaria Aug 29, 2016 at 4:49 PM

We are going to sunny beach self catering for two. We are not big drinkers, but do smoke, going for a chilled relaxing holiday, is 1400levs enough for a week?

1 Answer Aug 29, 2016 at 11:55 PM
    • Enough money

Bulgaria Aug 29, 2016 at 4:49 PM

We are going to sunny beach self catering for two. We are not big drinkers, but do smoke, going for a chilled relaxing holiday, is 1400levs enough for a week?

2 Answers Aug 30, 2016 at 6:09 AM
    • From Sofia to Bucharest by bus

Sofia Aug 20, 2016 at 7:56 PM

Is there a bus from Sofia to Bucharest during the day? I can't find it on the web... can I find it there, on the bus station?
      And, if I decide to take the bus from Sofia to Ruse and then Bucharest >> Are there many buses going from Sofia to Ruse? Where can I find the timetable?

4 Answers Aug 21, 2016 at 3:34 PM
    • Seven days in Bulgaria

Bulgaria Aug 14, 2016 at 2:47 PM

We are arriving in Plovdiv on 17th Oct and fly out from Sofia on the 24th. We want to do a bit of exploring, travelling by public transport and would be grateful for any suggestions members may have - including things not to miss and if there are any train journeys we should make sure we take.

Many thanks in advance

7 Answers Aug 16, 2016 at 11:17 AM
    • from varna to nesebar

Nesebar Aug 9, 2016 at 12:54 PM

I'm landing in varna 2:25 am whats the best way to get to nesebar is their public transportation or a cap and how much is it

2 Answers Aug 10, 2016 at 7:36 AM
    • From Peco Lukoil to Varna city centre

Varna Aug 2, 2016 at 11:45 AM

I will travel by bus to Varna but the bus company just suddenly informed me that the drop off point will be changed to '500m dupa iesirea din Varna spre Ruse, autostrada A2'.
      Can anyone give me the idea where it is and how far is it from the city centre, or the train station? Is there any bus connection? Since I am entering from Romania, I wouldn't have any lev with me. I am worried now.

• PeterK53's Profile Photo

Taxi from Sofia Airport to Panichiste

Sofia Aug 1, 2016 at 9:21 AM

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi from Sofia Airport to Panichiste, it its about 30 miles, I'm due to arrive in the early ours in Sept, so I need to decide weather to hire a car or go with a taxi.

Is Uber available again, I noticed that Uber had ceased services last year, but stated that it was only temporary.

Thanks in advance

• Spending money for Sveti Vlas

Bulgaria Jul 21, 2016 at 1:56 AM

Hi, I'm going to Sveti Vlas with my partner for 2 weeks in August. Our hotel has a pool, restaurants and bars but we only have breakfast included in our package. How much money would you advise taking? We mainly want to lounge around by pools and at the beaches. However we would like a few day out at the water park, nessebar and so on. Not interested in going out drinking.

1 Answer Jul 21, 2016 at 8:11 AM
    • Rhodope mountain

Smolyan Jul 6, 2016 at 3:46 AM

Hey everyone
      Does anyone know of any look outs and names of them.that aren't to far up the mountain that are abit more private than the others? I wanna propose there my girlfriend is from there and we will be visiting her dad thanks in advance 

2 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 4:35 AM
    • Sofia airport to Stara Zagora?

Bulgaria Jun 16, 2016 at 9:47 AM

I am landing at Sofia airport at approximately midday on Tuesday (21st June). I need to get to Stara Zagora by public transport (returning two days later). Unfortunately I speak no Bulgarian and am having difficulty understanding the various travel websites.

Would anybody please be able to advise on the best options and how to buy a ticket (e.g. in advance or on the day), or point me to an English language website which would help me sort this out?

Thanks in advance for any help.

3 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 1:47 PM
    • Online booking for train?

Sofia Jun 8, 2016 at 7:37 AM

Can I book online an overnight train ticket from Sofia to Belgrade? Or do I need to go to the bus station in person to buy the ticket?

8 Answers Jul 7, 2016 at 5:37 AM
    • Bucharest to Varna

Varna Jun 4, 2016 at 4:28 AM

I searched for bus from Bucharest to Varna for August and found one leaving at 6 and arriving at 11:15.

autogari.ro/curse?pid=643&am...

The bus stop in Bucharest is at Calea Grivitei nr.158, in which the website says is at Metrou Basarab. However, I cannot locate the exact stop in Varna, in which the website says it's Catedrala 'Adormirea Maicii Domnului'. Can anyone tell me where exactly it is?

6 Answers Jun 5, 2016 at 7:57 AM
    • Outdoor gym

Sunny Beach May 29, 2016 at 7:31 AM

Is there an outdoor gym in sunny beach?

• cybertraveler14's Profile Photo

Sunny Beach to Sofia

Sunny Beach May 21, 2016 at 2:42 PM

Hello,

We are traveling from Sunny Beach to Sofia on 16 June. We were planing on flying, but our flight time was adjusted to 4:00 am, so we cancelled that and are now trying to decide between the bus (and if so, which company), and train. I'd appreciate suggestions.

Are the trains air conditioned?

For bus, it looks like buses leave at 6:10, 6:40, or 14:00. Are there any other buses that would leave from Sunny Beach so we wouldn't have to first travel to Burgas? It looks like the 6:40 bus doesn't have much listed as far as a carrier and can't be purchased online. Would we be OK waiting to buy our tickets there (will we have issues since we only speak English?).

Thanks in advance for your help and advice.

4 Answers May 22, 2016 at 3:03 PM
    • Bad weather next week what activities are there available

Sunny Beach May 17, 2016 at 11:57 PM

I'm heading on Monday and a couple of the days are showing rain. Im bringing my 7 & 11 year old . what is there to do in the area on rainy days ?

1 Answer May 20, 2016 at 12:48 PM
    • visit to devin

Devin May 5, 2016 at 1:43 AM

i want to visit next week for 3 days. i will be coming from VT and take the train to Sofia. can some one advise how often the bus leaves from Sofia to Devin and how long does it take. thanks so much...

1 Answer May 5, 2016 at 6:48 AM
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Hotel Estreya Residence in Saints Constantine and Helena: a correct e-mail address?

Varna Apr 25, 2016 at 10:45 AM

Can anyone tell me the correct e-mail address for Hotel Estreya Residence?

2 Answers Apr 25, 2016 at 11:23 AM
    • spending money

Sunny Beach Apr 23, 2016 at 8:15 AM

hi me and my gf are going to sunny beach bulgaria for 10 days I was jw how much spending money we would need

4 Answers Apr 24, 2016 at 1:34 PM
    • Jesperp's Profile Photo

Characters on the buses in Bulgaria

Bulgaria Apr 18, 2016 at 8:21 AM

Are the destinations on the buses written in Latin characters?

4 Answers Apr 19, 2016 at 1:53 AM
    • prices in restaurants

Plovdiv Apr 14, 2016 at 4:26 AM

where did I find some cheaper pub's or restaurants?

7 Answers Apr 14, 2016 at 11:14 AM
    • Buying contemporary art in Bulgaria

Bulgaria Feb 25, 2016 at 3:53 PM

Hi, whenever I visit a new city, I like to buy a painting by an emerging young contemporary artist to take home. I am not referring to the landscape type paintings of familiar or iconic landmarks targeted at tourists but a piece from a proper gallery that is not too pricey. Are there any reasonably priced but well curated art galleries in Sofia showcasing young artists of some promise? My budget is between 200 to 250 British pounds. Or would it be cheaper to buy art in Plovdiv instead of Sofia? All advice and suggestions deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Feb 26, 2016 at 8:18 AM
    • Christmas in Pamporova

Bulgaria Feb 25, 2016 at 9:15 AM

Hi guys, my family and I are thinking of booking a skiing holiday in Pamporova for Christmas 2016. We spent Christmas skiing in La Tania, France a couple of years ago and it was everything we could have wished for, plenty of snow and a really good Christmassy atmosphere but we would like to give Pamporova a go as we have skied there before but not at Christmas.
      Does anyone know what the snow is usually like at Christmas and also if there are festivities going on over the Christmas period?

• Late March in Bulgaria

Bulgaria Feb 24, 2016 at 1:28 PM

Hey
      My girlfriend and I are visiting Bulgaria in the last week of March. Besides flying in and out of Sofia and renting a car, we haven't made any plans yet.
      We are looking for somewhere to relax, take walks, eat good food and enjoy life. Preferably somewhere in the mountains. We are very interested in the Bulgarian wine scene, so we'd like to stay somewhere we can visit a few wineries, or maybe stay at a winery hotel. We are thinking about staying two different places, and maybe staying one day in Sofia.
      Any suggestions?

All the best,
      Peter

5 Answers Feb 25, 2016 at 10:12 AM
    • homely items

Sunny Beach Feb 22, 2016 at 11:38 AM

I am going to work in Bulgaria this summer for 6 months.. last year i worked in Kos and there were a few chinese shops full of random things like bed sheets, pillows, hand bags, clothes horse etc. are there any shops in bulgaria that have things you could buy for an apartment to make it homely to make my suitcases lighter?

2 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 1:16 PM
    • JordenB's Profile Photo

Bus Sofia to Skopje

Sofia Feb 2, 2016 at 1:19 AM

Is this bus service still available? Are there any problems crossing the border and how long will the ride take? Thanks!

1 Answer Feb 2, 2016 at 3:02 AM
    • csuresh's Profile Photo

Skiing - Query

Borovec Jan 17, 2016 at 1:51 AM

Of the 4 days trip that we have planned, we want to spend a day at Borovets. I will be travelling with my wife and 2 kids. We want to experience Skiing there. My questions are - travelling in the last week of March - is that right season to go there? We will be renting car and do we need snow chains for tyres. Is few hours training sessions common or is it normally long hours? Do we get all equipments for rent rather than we buying - what is available and what not?
      Please let me know.

1 Answer Jan 30, 2016 at 6:29 AM
    • meziane's Profile Photo

local friend

Plovdiv Jan 13, 2016 at 8:07 AM

hello, I will soon travel to Plovdiv wishing to meet local good person to share my stay me around good places for a drink, friendly

5 Answers Jan 14, 2016 at 3:47 AM
    • AidanM62's Profile Photo

First time visitor

Bulgaria Dec 13, 2015 at 1:48 PM

Hi guys
      My wife and I are thinking of visiting Bulgaria next September. We're really fed up with Spain and are hoping Bulgaria will offer a bit more to see and do. Could you give us some advice for two middle aged first timers ?
      We're not dead yet and enjoy a good drink, but Benidorm type crap just isn't for us.
      We were told to try Sunny Beach, but some reviews reckon it's a bit of a youngsters party spot a la Benidorm etc .
      Ideally we'd like to be fairly centrally located with plenty of sight seeing opportunities and shopping during the day and a good choice of bars and restaurants for the night time. Preferably on the coast but not necessarily.
      We'd be open to booking self catering apartment or a hotel.
      Any advice on areas, accommodation, activities etc would be greatly appreciated.
      Thanks in advance
      Aidan

3 Answers Jan 30, 2016 at 8:57 AM