VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Buenos Aires Travel Answers

change location
Kikitriky's Profile Photo

Left luggage - where?

by Kikitriky Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 4:54 AM

Dear firends,
I expect to arrive in BA on 17/02 by 8 am. The hotel I am staying at allows for check in not earlier than 2 p.m. This means that we have several hours to spend with our big suitcases which is rather inconvinient. Can you advise me where to leave the luggage for a couple of hours and take a first walk in BA without the heavy luggage? The same issue stays for the departure day - check out is at 11 am, departure flight is late in the evening.Thanks in advance!

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • goodfish's Profile Photo

Re: Left luggage - where?

by goodfish Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 5:04 AM

Most hotels will store your luggage for you if arriving early and/or not departing the city until some hours after checkout. Most of these services are free but some hotels are charging a small fee for this.

I would email your hotel and ask if they have luggage storage. If they have a website, they often note this amenity there with their other services.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sheherezad's Profile Photo

by sheherezad Online Now Feb 7, 2012 at 5:08 AM

I suggest you speak to the hotel reception and request your luggage to be stored in their luggage room before check-in/after check-out? ;-) I'm sure they would oblige since you are staying at their hotel?

FYI when I flew into BA Oct 2010, there was no left luggage facility at the EZE.

• jimwebster's Profile Photo

by jimwebster Online Now Feb 13, 2012 at 12:54 PM

I have been to Bs As many times and have never had a problem with a hotel keeping my luggage in a safe place when arriving too early to check in. Or for my benefit because my departure was several hours after check out. I also have never been charged a fee for this.

Hotel management and service is a profession in Argentina, where most people that work behind a motel desk have taken vocational type training to get their job. To me the service is generally quite good.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Buenos Aires