Budapest

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Transportation and tour

Szombathely Yesterday

Four of us are going to arrive in June. I will need someone to pick us up at the train station who can take us around and give us a tour of the city. Is this a possibility??

more
    • How much is to buy a Hungarian Prepaid Simcard ?

Hungary Nov 23, 2015 at 11:34 AM

I mainly need a Simcard to receive card. How much minimum is to buy a Prepaid Simcard ? how much is the balance after that ? How long is the card valid ? How much is the next minimum balance topup ? Maybe someone can call to Telecom, Vodafone, Telenor etc.

more
    • Dance Clubs on Thursday Night in Budapest

by JPTrip2015 Online Now Nov 11, 2015 at 1:08 PM

I was wondering it anyone has any suggestions for dance clubs in Budapest for Thursday nights. I know it might not be the best night but that's the only night I can party. Any suggestions? I would prefer Techno clubs but if there aren't any good ones, any dance clubs will do. thanks

2 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 7:50 AM
    • Looking for a good steak restaurant in Budapest

by chantarelle54 Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 4:36 PM

Does anyone know of a restaurant in Budapest to get a nice steak dinner? We will be celebrating a special occasion and my husband would love a great steak.
      Thank you

8 Answers Nov 16, 2015 at 4:26 AM
    • looking for local folk dance and music

by chantarelle54 Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 4:20 PM

We are traveling to Budapest for the two weeks of Dec.6th-14th. I see on those two weekends there are not performances of the Budapest Folkloric show or the Cymbalom Symphony except for Dec. 5th when we won"t be there yet. We would like to experience both and are greatly disappointed that there doesn't seem to be any other performances. Does anyone have any suggestions for us other than to change our dates of our visit?

Thank you

8 Answers Nov 16, 2015 at 12:12 PM
    • songlines's Profile Photo

Traditional Hungarian foods

by songlines Online Now Nov 10, 2015 at 2:24 PM

Going to Budapest early December. I am looking for a place where they serve genuine Hungarian foods in non touristic surroundings :-) Any tips?
      Thank you.

15 Answers Nov 16, 2015 at 10:48 PM
    • Bakeware supplies

by chantarelle54 Online Now Nov 1, 2015 at 4:53 PM

I am wondering where in Budapest I might find older used bakeware items such as dough bowls, rolling pins, bread pans etc. I prefer older, used but functional items, but would also enjoy looking at new items for sale. Any recommendations? Thank you.

5 Answers Nov 4, 2015 at 9:20 AM
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

Local SIM card

by FruitLover Online Now Oct 24, 2015 at 10:06 AM

Where can I find local Sim card In Budapest?
      Thanx

2 Answers Oct 24, 2015 at 1:57 PM
    • FruitLover's Profile Photo

Bus from airport, terminal 2B

by FruitLover Online Now Oct 24, 2015 at 9:51 AM

Hello folks,
      Landing in Budapest on Monday 2PM, terminal 2B.
      What bus goes to MECHWART LIGET tram station?
      Thanks in advance,
      Avi

2 Answers Oct 24, 2015 at 2:14 PM
    • Best method and time to convert currencies?

by Howsthattourist Online Now Oct 10, 2015 at 1:52 AM

For a tourist from the UK, what is the best approach for organising currency before you leave?

A. Take HUF florint.

B. Take Euros and spend or convert in Budapest if Euro is more attactive.

C. Convert in UK now at around 400 HUF to UK £

D. Convert in Budapest if rates are better.

Using Turkey for experience, the conversion rate was always much better in Turkey than in UK, hence my question.
      Many thanks. Howsthattourist.

6 Answers Oct 12, 2015 at 2:04 PM
    • The mass immigration issue

by Howsthattourist Online Now Sep 25, 2015 at 3:43 AM

What's the current tourist experience like, once you have landed at Budapest Airport, your duration of stay, and getting around Budapest in general?

19 Answers Dec 7, 2015 at 10:35 AM
    • Internet in Budapest

by chantarelle54 Online Now Sep 12, 2015 at 5:45 AM

We are wondering if we are able to access U.S. web sites on the internet in Budapest. Are there government restrictions on sites from outside of the country? Specifically we are wondering if we can live stream CNN on our tablets and access our amazon prime videos etc. Thanks for your help.

6 Answers Sep 15, 2015 at 7:03 PM
    • Need market information please

by chantarelle54 Online Now Sep 5, 2015 at 7:44 AM

Other than the Great Hall, which other markets are in the Pest and Buda area ?

3 Answers Sep 5, 2015 at 4:32 PM
    • keleti train station closure

by cruisedancer Online Now Sep 2, 2015 at 5:40 AM

We are arriving in Budapest tomorrow. What is the situation in Budapest? We have train tickets from Keleti to Vienna for Monday. The station is closed now but even if it reopens it looks like it is overrun by migrants. Would we be better to go by bus?

Jean

5 Answers Sep 3, 2015 at 10:08 PM
    • Apartment rental in Pest

by chantarelle54 Online Now Sep 2, 2015 at 4:10 AM

Can anyone recommend a two bedroom apartment rental in the center of Pest? It's difficult for us to determine location while researching apartment offerings online. Any advice would be appreciated.
      Thanks.

8 Answers Sep 3, 2015 at 1:46 PM
    • Party in Budapest at tuesday? 15.09 Where is something?

by PiotrS2 Online Now Aug 31, 2015 at 10:40 AM

Hi, I am going to be with my group (40 people) in Budapest at 15.09, it's tuesday, and we try to find a good party club. Where for sure will be good party? Someone can help me?

Regards

Szczechu

6 Answers Nov 25, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    • which side of the Danube to stay on while visiting Budapest

by chantarelle54 Online Now Aug 31, 2015 at 7:53 AM

We are planning a week trip to Budapest. Does it make sense to split our stay to the Buda side and the Pest side? Is there quite a distinction between the two sides that would be worth experiencing? Where would be the best district to stay in to fully experience the best Budapest has to offer. Would it make sense to rent a car for day trips out of the city? If so, to where should we go?
      Thank you

7 Answers Sep 2, 2015 at 1:25 AM
    • Downpour in Budapest on Tuesday 18th August

by angalko Online Now Aug 19, 2015 at 12:48 PM

Hello, we were are planning to visit Budapest this weekend but as there was a downpour on Tuesday I´m wondering if we should postpone the visit.....Could you pleae advise what is the actual situation in the city? Also , do you know if main monuments are open for tourists? Thank you so much!

3 Answers Aug 19, 2015 at 4:30 PM
    • Bus from Budapest to Zagreb

by Nattha Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 6:18 PM

Hello there,

Has anyone traveled with Orangeways bus from Budapest to Zagreb before?

Regards

7 Answers Aug 18, 2015 at 7:51 AM
    • travelgirl214's Profile Photo

Are there any restaurants in Budapest that have air conditioning?

by travelgirl214 Online Now Aug 15, 2015 at 1:27 PM

We are in Budapest and it's in the upper 90's. No restaurant that we have seen has AC! WHY people, why?!?! Any tips on places that do would be greatly appreciated!!!! Help the heat haters!

2 Answers Aug 15, 2015 at 2:46 PM
    • statue identification

by rollercoaster123 Online Now Aug 14, 2015 at 8:32 AM

Does  anyone  recognize  this  statue?  I  took  the  picture  in  Budapest  in  a  hurry  and  I  can't  even  remember  for  sure  where ,  but  it  could've  been  near  Gundel.  I  don't  know  what  it  is  a  statue (the  name)  of  or  if  the  place  it  is  located  by  gives  it  some  type  of  significance.  Maybe  a  games  store.  Anyone  know  where  it  is  or  any  information?

Budapest Question Photo
      1 Answer Sep 20, 2015 at 4:08 AM
    • murals at bank of america center

by rollercoaster123 Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 12:18 PM

Does anyone have any information about a large mural at the Bank Of America Center v at 1111 East Main? I heard about a mural there but I don't know the name of it or who painted it so I cannot find any pictures of it. Thanks for your help.

2 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 4:51 PM
    • Money exchange

by billtoliver Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 6:17 AM

We are arriving by train and need to exchange some money. We do not use ATMs. I will exchange some cash at the station assuming there is an exchange office there as I need some local cash for a cab to the hotel. We are staying at the Marriott near the Danube. Is there a good exchange office near our hotel?

5 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 1:59 PM
    • castle hill murals

by rollercoaster123 Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Does anybody know anything about a series of murals at the top of Castle Hill? They look very old and have a painted look to them: one has small marching soldiers on it, another a crown. I can't seem to find any information about them.

2 Answers Aug 13, 2015 at 3:38 AM
    • minnie_rambler's Profile Photo

How can I explore Szentendre And Visegrad by walking

by minnie_rambler Online Now Aug 6, 2015 at 4:25 AM

Hello Friends,

If you could remember can you please give me a walking tour for each Szentendre and Visegrad ?

Say for example for Szentendre walk:

Start with 'A' square, then proceed towards 'B' through 'x' street , next go up to 'C' hill to see the church 'D'. Eat at 'E' restraurant, and visit 'F' basiclia/museum/church whatsoever.

Or if u have any map which is made for walking in Szentendre and Visegrad that would also help.

Thanks minnie_rambler

5 Answers Aug 7, 2015 at 7:31 AM
    • Backpacks in Parliament

by billtoliver Online Now Aug 5, 2015 at 5:31 AM

Is it ok to bring a backpack in to Parliament when taking the tour?

1 Answer Aug 5, 2015 at 9:31 AM
    • minnie_rambler's Profile Photo

Hungary Day Trip from Budapest- Eger OR Pecs OR Lake Balaton OR Danube Bend Towns

by minnie_rambler Online Now Aug 3, 2015 at 2:38 AM

I have planned to visit Budapest for a few days this summer. I have kept 2 full days for the Budapest city explore (Castle district, Pest area, Take a hot bath , Do some shopping etc.) and want to do day trips from Budapest (for this day trips again I have 4 full days). I can either go to the Danube Bend and visit 2 of the 3 small towns (Esztergom, Visegrad, and Szentendre) and back to Budapest. OR I could take a trip to the town of Eger OR to the town of Pecs and back to Budapest. OR I could take a day trip to Lake Balaton and back to Budapest.
      Please give me your valuable suggestions on which side trip do you prefer and why? If you chose the Danube Bend towns which two towns would you recommend?

Thanks in advance :) 
      Minnie_Rambler

28 Answers Sep 29, 2015 at 3:57 AM
    • Camping supplies for 3 weeks

by noscas Online Now Jul 31, 2015 at 4:52 AM

Hello everyone
      A few friends and I are heading to Sziget Festival in Budapest on the 10th August and were just wondering where would be the best place in Budapest to get a 1 or 2 man tent before the festival?
      Also we will be travelling to Slovenia and then Pula, Croatia where we will be camping in both areas for around 3 weeks all up.
      Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks, Jackson

2 Answers Jul 31, 2015 at 7:08 AM
    • Getting to Fishermans Bastion from the Marriott Danube

by billtoliver Online Now Jul 23, 2015 at 5:55 AM

Walking and or climbing is out of the question, and there does not seem to be a metro or tram stop nearby so do we just cab there and back? Also is there a cafe there where we can get a drink and snack?

9 Answers Jul 25, 2015 at 2:25 PM
    • Shopping Area

by billtoliver Online Now Jul 23, 2015 at 4:09 AM

Where would we find the local shopping venues, I am not talking about high end designer shops but local department stores, smaller shops, etc. As Budapest is so large we would be looking for such an area and one that We can get to easily from our hotel , the Marriott Danube, either by Tram or Metro.

3 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 7:10 PM
    • Central market

by billtoliver Online Now Jul 22, 2015 at 5:14 AM

When shopping for gifts can one bargain? Are the prices marked on the items or do you have to ask? Also in looking at a map of the area where one would get off the Tram #2 to get to the market it appears to be a large area around the bridge that is under construction, it that still the case? It seems the tram stop is right in the middle of all this construction.

9 Answers Jul 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM
    • Vajdahunyad Castle

by billtoliver Online Now Jul 22, 2015 at 5:10 AM

In taking the metro to this place is it easy to find the castle once you emerge from the metro. in looking at the map it seems you emerged in a park and the castle is some distance away so I wonder are there signs to lead you to the castle? Can it be seen when you emerge from the Metro? Is there a cafe there where one can rest a bit and get a drink and snack?

4 Answers Aug 6, 2015 at 12:38 PM