change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Crossing Fagaras Mountains - car parking

Romania Jul 24, 2016 at 2:51 PM

Hello,
      we are planning to cross the Fagaras mountains in August. We will be traveling to Romania by car and we need to park our car for 5 days during our hike. We will be crossing from West to East, so we plan to start at Sebeşu de Sus (small village near Sibiu).
      is it safe to park our car in Sebeşu de Sus on the street? The car is nothing fancy, a 2014 Hyundai i30. Obviously we will not leave any valuables in the car.

As an alternative I was thinking to ask some of the locals if we can park in their gardens for some small fee, but we don't speak Romanian so I'm not sure how this would work out...

Thank you
      Daniel from the Czech republic

more
    • Guaranteed Day Tours

Timisoara Jul 7, 2016 at 1:14 PM

Hello,

I am coming to Timisoara to attend ECP 18 conference (ecp18.psihologietm.ro/index....)
      I'll be in Timosoara from 19th till 23rd July.

I am looking for two day tours (one on 20th July, the other on 22nd) to Hunedoara and Apuseni Natural Park.
      Please inform if you can help in finding tourism agencies that offer day tours from Timisoara.

Best Regards,

A Rahman.

M Abdur Rahman Malik,
      Assistant Professor,
      Suleman Dawood School of Business (SDSB),
      Lahore University of Management Sciences (LUMS),
      Lahore, Pakistan.
      Tel: + 92 42 3560 8037

more
    • carrying cameras.

Romania Jul 19, 2016 at 2:30 PM

I would like to know how safe it is carrying expensive cameras and photographic equipment around. And are there any special issues in Costanta as a whole that one should be aware of.
      Many thanks
      Steve

more
    • lordgarner's Profile Photo

Taxi to Chisinau

Bucharest Yesterday

Can anyone help with contacts for a taxi company that would take us from our Bucharest hotel to our Chisinau (Moldova) hotel?
      Any idea of price so that I can compare it to flying which seems expensive for a one hour flight.

more
    • PaPaBear29's Profile Photo

Restaurant in old town

by PaPaBear29 Online Now Mar 4, 2016 at 7:32 AM

My wife and I will visit Bucharest in May. Can anyone recommend a good restaurant in old town? Also how much is the taxi fare from the airport to old town? Thanks Rogerl

2 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 8:15 AM
    • bracco's Profile Photo

bucarest in july

by bracco Online Now Jul 9, 2015 at 1:54 PM

dear friends,

a lady friend of mine about 45 is coming to bucarest from 16 to 22 july.
      she is travelling from italy with a friend.

difficult, she says, to understand where to stay and what to see.
      May I ask yoir help?
      bracco

6 Answers Jul 11, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    • animsoc's Profile Photo

Limousine service

by animsoc Online Now May 30, 2014 at 3:37 AM

Buna ziua again .. this MIGHT be the last question I ask for a while but, no promises! :)))

I am looking to rent a limousine for a simple pick up and return in Bucuresti .. at most it should take 1 hour (well depending on traffic). Talking roughly from near Bucuresti Mall to Cora Pantelimon. I'm looking for either a vintage car or a stretch limousine. There is a website that I submitted a request for info from (http://www.limousine-center.eu/) but I haven't gotten a response yet. Any info would be appreciated. Multumesc!

2 Answers May 30, 2014 at 2:29 PM

Food stores

by animsoc Online Now May 29, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Good day. Anyone from Bucureşti, I have a couple specific questions about my upcoming visit. I'm going to be staying in the area near the Bucureşti Mall on Calea Vitan. What I'm looking for is a food store that I can walk to. Specifically, I'm looking for, "finger foods" to put on a mini buffet style table .. nothing fancy, just things like little sandwiches or that type of thing. The kind of thing you might find at a social gathering instead of a, "sit down" plated dinner. You get the idea. :) So, the 2 questions would be where is the nearest food store to there and also, does anyone have good suggestions for the types of foods/desserts that I could include? For example, in the US for such a buffet style, we might have mini sandwiches, tray of cut vegetables with dip, crackers and cheese, little meatballs or mushrooms on toothpicks, etc. Desserts would be mini cakes, cupcakes, truffles, etc. Worst case, I will just roam through the store and see what catches my eye. :))) Thanks for any replies!

4 Answers May 30, 2014 at 2:39 PM
    • lakeside44's Profile Photo

Question about Non-Immigrant Visas from Romania-->visiting U.S. as a tourist

by lakeside44 Online Now Sep 3, 2011 at 10:24 AM

Hi there,
      I am from the U.S., and have a Romanian friend who I would one day like to visit me in the U.S., but I would like to understand more about the Visa process for Romanians (this would be a Tourism/Non-Immigrant "B-2" Visa).
      Can any native Romanians tell me what their experiences have been? Is it a difficult or relatively straightforward process? My understanding is that it takes about 18 days to get an appointment, 2 days to process, and costs about140 US. Also, for how long is such a B-2 visa good for?
      Thanks, Joe

1 Answer Sep 3, 2011 at 2:21 PM

Quiet Ice Skating Rink

by animsoc Online Now Sep 3, 2011 at 10:12 AM

Bună Ziuă! I'm planning a trip to Bucuresţi this winter and am looking to surprise my girl with some late night ice skating. We will have our own skates, just looking for a place, preferably a park that is accessible at all hours. Looking for something quiet and romantic. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Mulţumesc.

~ John

• bus lines bucuresti-ruse and stations of departure

by msp1 Online Now Oct 5, 2008 at 4:22 PM

i plan a trip to bulgaria, arriving at otopeni airport. it is in december, and the arrival time is 14.40. i made a research here in the forum and found out that the last bus to ruse from piata unirii, by gitour, leaves at 16.30. ride by 783 bus takes about an hour from otopeni, i read, which means i may be late.
      though there is another company - cavmargo trans, with later departing from autogara IDM Basarabi Kennedy. where is this located and is it easier to reach from otopeni or piata unirii?
      .... i know arranging for somebody to pick me up is the best, but i am not sure i will get somebody, and i don't like to go for a taxi unless really neccesary.
      also , where do i buy tickets for bus 783?
      if you now o any other bus/shuttle transportation to ruse please let me know.

7 Answers Oct 9, 2008 at 9:34 AM