Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Train ticket (Gent zone)

Gent Oct 12, 2016 at 11:16 PM

I have booked a train ticket online, from Gent-dampoort station to Brugge. The ticket reflects from: Gent-zone to: Brugge. Is it possible for me to use this ticket to board at Gent st pieters station instead of Gent-dampoort?

• are there any tours fropm zeebruger to ypres

Zeebrugge Oct 19, 2016 at 4:36 AM

are there any tours to ypres from zxeebruger

• Brussels to Namur

Belgium Oct 16, 2016 at 7:33 PM

We will be staying at Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace. This is near Gare du Nord. We wish to travel by train to Namur. Will we be able to board train at Gare du Nord and travel to Namur without changing trains? If not, which train station should we depart from? Also, will we be able to buy tickets from a Machine? We are both over 65 and have never travelled by train in Belgium. Do we need to validate the ticket in a machine like France or write something on the back? I have spent much time looking at the NMBS/SNCB website and still confused. In other countries I have been assisted by helpful people at the station. I would like to be better prepared this time. Any tips or suggestions will be appreciated.

• halikowski's Profile Photo

where are the French-speaking libraries in Brussels?

by halikowski Online Now Sep 11, 2016 at 9:56 AM

where to go here to BORROW books? Dutch have a good system (, but I dont know and am not interested in that language.
      Where do French speakers go?
      KBR (National Library) is only for consultation sur place! I want to read at home....

1 Answer Sep 11, 2016 at 2:07 PM
    • Pigpigpigy's Profile Photo

Ask about transport

by Pigpigpigy Online Now Aug 20, 2016 at 7:19 AM

Hello everyone here,

I got a problem here and i really need your help .

I will arrive in Brussels airport 23:00 after 1st of Sep, even though I read through Brussels metro, I still feel confused.

So, is it possible I can purchase a ticket valid for 72hours on line either can I buy in the auto machine on the airport or.. what else option I have?

The website really made it complicated with that two kinds of card, so should I get one or not????

Thanks for helping me and I do appreciate your words.

6 Answers Aug 20, 2016 at 11:48 AM
    • Weekend Trip: From Paris to Belgium - Brussels-Ghent-Bruges-Antwerp

by sumanas77 Online Now Aug 17, 2016 at 5:32 AM

Need help on planning my itinerary :

Travelers : 2 - My wife and myself

Departing from Paris : 19th August ( Friday evening post 6 pm )

Arrival back to Paris : 22nd August ( Monday morning by 7 am )

Budget : 700 Euros for two.

Reason for traveling : Nearest destination to Paris. Wanted to visit Germany , but i felt i would lose out time on commuting between cities. Each country is different and famous for one or the other reason. Would definitely like to purchase chocolates from Belgium and have beer. I had an opportunity to visit Paris just for a month. Hence, covering Paris city on weekdays post work and planning to visit nearby countries over the weekend.

Other inputs : Haven't booked anything yet. Willing to travel by bus , train. Had visited Switzerland last weekend for 3 days. Looking for a similar weekend getaway.

- Is it feasible to cover Brussels-Ghent-Bruges-Antwerp in 2 days ? If so , how shall i plan my itinerary. How should i be booking my travel tickets ? Which places to visit ( considering time duration required to commute between these 4 cities ). Is it possible to cover all 4 ? Or should i choose 2 or 3 among these.

- Are there any Belgium passes ? Like the way it is present in Switzerland. I had purchased a TELL pass in Lucerne that got me covered for 3 days without having to pay for anything else.

- I have already made arrangements to visit Amsterdam on 27th August weekend. So that part is covered. If Brussels-Ghent-Bruges-Antwerp isn't feasible , please suggest any other better places to visit. How about Luxembourg? Or Rotterdam ? Or Cologne/ Bon ?

8 Answers Aug 18, 2016 at 1:30 PM
    • Getting Through Brussels Airport

by MikeBNegaunee Online Now Jun 13, 2016 at 9:38 AM

Any current issues when arriving by train to Brussels Airport that one needs to be aware of

2 Answers Jun 14, 2016 at 9:46 AM
    • Brussels Chaleroi to Brussel city: shuttle bus after midnight

by Wee_Malaysia Online Now May 11, 2016 at 6:44 AM

I will be arriving at Brussels Chaleroi at 2300. Does the shuttle bus to Brussels Midi/Centrale operate after midnight? And other than cabs, what is the most convenient and affordable form of transport from Brussels Midi to nearby hotels?

3 Answers May 13, 2016 at 8:04 PM
    • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Airport bagagge drop times

by Karlithus Online Now May 6, 2016 at 1:29 AM

Hi all!

I'll be flying from Brussels to Lisbon on the 16th of this Month. How are things at the airport at the moment? Big queues for dropping the baggage since I believe there are few open desks now?

The check-in is already done, only really need to drop the baggage.

8 Answers May 8, 2016 at 6:34 PM
    • jojes's Profile Photo

Wrong phonenumbers for information!

by jojes Online Now Mar 23, 2016 at 2:53 AM

Apparently both Qatar airways website and mention a wrong phonenumber for information regarding the Brussels attacks.
      The correct number is +3278151771.

I have posted some travel alerts in the alert section here on VT.
      I'll try to update them as good as possible.
      One of the alerts mentions some links and phonenumbers which should always have the latest info.
      Travel Alerts

6 Answers Mar 24, 2016 at 5:48 AM
    • Safety in Brussels for solo female wheelchair user

by Petfan1 Online Now Mar 13, 2016 at 10:17 PM

I am planning to spend a couple of days in Brussels at the end of March, staying near to the Grand Place. Is this area safe for a female wheelchair user travelling alone? I may attend a concert in the area which means travelling back to hotel late at night. How safe would this be? Any suggestions/tips greatly received. If I shouldn't even consider this trip, please let me know!

Thank you

6 Answers Mar 14, 2016 at 2:08 PM
    • nilanjanbee's Profile Photo

Ouibus tickets

by nilanjanbee Online Now Mar 7, 2016 at 1:29 AM

I am trying to buy 6 tickets on Ouibus to travel from Brussels to Amsterdam. Unfortunately, the website does not allow credit/debit cards from the United Arab Emirates to be processed...any ideas/suggestions to book these tickets...

How is the service anyway of Ouibus? The 6 tickets are costing me 54 Euros for travel in end-July...

Any inputs will be appreciated.

2 Answers Mar 7, 2016 at 4:48 AM
    • Breakfast/brunch places near the Radisson Blue Royal?

by Sunray-310 Online Now Mar 4, 2016 at 9:29 AM

We'll be spending 2 full days in Brussels next weekend. Can you please recommend nice cute places for breakfast near our hotel, not too expensive? (We like coffee more than beer!;)))) I made some research but didn't know the name of the area we are staying so couldn't figure out if they were walking distance from our hotel.

5 Answers Mar 5, 2016 at 10:59 AM
    • Brussels - Park and Ride Location Safety

by jdbs3 Online Now Mar 3, 2016 at 11:11 AM

My wife and I are traveling around Belgium by car and will visit Brussels for 3 days. We would prefer to stay as close as possible to the center of Brussels, that is some place within a 10 minute walk of the Grand Plasce, but someplace that is also inexpensive and in a safe area. I'm using a number of sites to find a palce, however, any suggestions are welcomed.

But more importantly, where to park our car safely and for free to reduce cost. I found P+R Reyers - Kolonel Bourgstraat - 1030 Schaarbeek. This seems to be the closest to the Grand Place. We would drop our bags off at a hotel, drive to this P & R, park the car ror 3 nights and return to the city via tram.

The key question is how safe is this P & R? Are there others that would be safer to park at? Since all 8 P & R places are free, safety of the car is the key criteria.

Thank you.

4 Answers Mar 4, 2016 at 7:22 PM
    • Winter coat or rain coat?

by Finneganjcs Online Now Feb 28, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Going to Belgium in early March. Should I wear a winter coat or a rain coat?

7 Answers Feb 28, 2016 at 2:33 PM
    • Vegetarian food

by bramnc Online Now Feb 27, 2016 at 5:51 AM

I have a two questions: 1. Specific vegetarian restaurants near the airport area? 2. Top local vegetarian dishes to order?

1 Answer Feb 27, 2016 at 6:21 AM
    • How safe is Brussels?

by jdbs3 Online Now Jan 27, 2016 at 2:41 PM

We've been planning a trip for a while to include the Netherlands, Belgium including Brussels, and Luxembourg. Traveling some time this summer.

Given the recent terrorists attacks in Paris with connections to Brussels, I'm reconsidering this part of our trip. From folks who live there or nearby, what are your thoughts/inputs? Yes, I understand that if I let the terrorists influence my decision, then they have won. But ...

11 Answers Jan 29, 2016 at 8:11 AM
    • Car rental

by chazzon Online Now Jan 23, 2016 at 8:10 AM

Will be renting a car from midi stn in july from hertz anyone had experience with this also need hotel close to stn for one night for 2 adults 2 kids 14 and 16

4 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 12:49 AM
    • 10 jump voyage validity for a jump

by Lakshmanans Online Now Jan 22, 2016 at 6:33 AM

hi i have a 10 jump voyage mobib card . if i have to travel in metro and tram to reach a place in brussels, do i need to display the card in metro as well as bus.

1 Answer Jan 22, 2016 at 7:44 AM
    • bkc's Profile Photo

Shenzhen VISA

by bkc Online Now Jan 3, 2016 at 4:39 AM

I am from India and will be travelling to Shenzhen countries. Wish to plan visit to Brussels for two days. Is Shenzhen VISA issued by Czech Republic will be valid in Belgium or not. Do I need to take any other permission to enter Belgium.

8 Answers Jan 11, 2016 at 10:06 AM
    • Karlithus's Profile Photo

Worth for a no-museum couple?

by Karlithus Online Now Jan 3, 2016 at 2:52 AM

Hello friends, how are you doing?

My girlfriend and I are thinkin about going to Brussels and brugges in May. We know that we are going to really enjoy brugges as it looks really beautiful and it's going to be just a daytrip from Brussels, so we ain't going to be out of things to see during that day.

But, about Brussels... I have looked at some "top 10 things to do" and it looks like Brussels is mostly about museums. My girlfriend and I are not really into museums, art galleries and so on. We really like to stroll the streets (if they are worth it, of course), see outside monuments, having great views of the city landscape... Basically spending most of the day on the outside going by foot from one place to another.

We are staying only for a day, as the other day will be dedicated to Brugges. Is Brussels capable of filling a day by our taste? What do you feel about a no-museum-and-art-galleries couple spending a day at Brussels?

Thank you so much, have a nice 2016!

15 Answers Jan 3, 2016 at 2:37 PM
    • Brussels airport

by Lepine Online Now Oct 30, 2015 at 4:09 PM

Is their luggage storage at the airport?

1 Answer Oct 30, 2015 at 5:26 PM
    • solopes's Profile Photo

by solopes Online Now Sep 28, 2015 at 3:52 AM

I've been in Brussels three times always with car. This time, I will arrive in Zaventem in October 18th and leave on the 21st. I plan to visit Bruges in the 19th, and spend all the remaining time in Brussels, and I'm hesitating between renting a car or using public transport. I'm a senior (my wife isn't), with good discounts, and driving in town is not a pleasant idea. Any suggestion about public transport options, including the quick visit to Bruges?

5 Answers Mar 1, 2016 at 12:26 PM
    • mickeyboy07's Profile Photo

by mickeyboy07 Online Now Sep 10, 2015 at 5:32 AM

going to Brussels for three days next march want to know whats the best things to see and do?

7 Answers Sep 18, 2015 at 10:15 AM
    • Mifi 3G router

by Drghazi Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 6:59 AM

Hi we are four have mifi 3G router it portable wifi can we put SIM card for 3 g to use wifi all

1 Answer Aug 13, 2015 at 7:45 AM
    • mifi in brussels

by Drghazi Online Now Aug 13, 2015 at 3:47 AM

I have mifi 3g router,4 persons can use wifi .
      can I buy sim card to use 3g with usb 3g modem

2 Answers Aug 17, 2015 at 12:22 AM
    • from airport to brussel

by Drghazi Online Now Aug 9, 2015 at 11:44 PM

hi we are 4 adults
      will stay 2 days in brussel,what best affordable hotels to stay ,
      advice near airport or city center
      any shared airport shuttle company
      which hotels on way of public transport

5 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 11:09 PM
    • chepest travel from airport to Bruges at night

by michmuck Online Now Jul 28, 2015 at 3:57 PM

We arrive at Brussles Chaleroi airport at 21:30 so wanted to know how to and how much public transport is to Bruges centre for a hotel at that time?

Many thanks

9 Answers Jul 29, 2015 at 8:22 AM
    • Transit Visa Inquiry

by Franklin13 Online Now Jul 27, 2015 at 11:50 AM

I am travelling from India to Liberia, i hole a Liberia ordinary Passport and will be transiting in Brussels for 4:45 minutes on a single ticket from India to Liberia via Brussels. Do i need a transit visa?

2 Answers Dec 22, 2015 at 9:47 AM
    • Andrei_fromMoskva's Profile Photo

STIB Jump 24h ticket

by Andrei_fromMoskva Online Now Jun 25, 2015 at 6:40 AM

Hi, everybody!

I'm going to travel from BRU Airport to the Brussels city center and to go around there. Then I need to go to Diegem (near the airport). And finally, the next day (within 24 hours) go back to the airport.

In this case, I found the STIB Jump 24h ticket very attractive. But I don't understand exactly what area it works on.

So, can I buy this ticket at the airport and:
      1. Take a train to Gare Centrale (or it's for bus only - #12, 21)?
      2. Take a train (or another mode) from Brussels to Diegem station?
      3. Take a train from Diegem to the airport?

Thank you for your help!

1 Answer Jun 25, 2015 at 8:05 AM
    • Transportation trains and busses are Belgium on Xmas eve and Xmas Day

by YuenS Online Now Jun 23, 2015 at 1:48 AM

Hi, any ideas if transport to Ghent or Bruges from Brussels city center operating as usual during Christmas eve, Christmas Day and Boxing day? Tqs in advance :)

1 Answer Jun 23, 2015 at 4:31 AM
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

2 nights 1 full day

by RamkrishnaPaul Online Now Jun 10, 2015 at 1:39 AM

we are going to Brussels for 2 nights at the end of June . Please advise the best places to visit .. How we get the passes or ticket without a long Q. From were we can buy the tickets or passes??

• jkb1's Profile Photo

by jkb1 Online Now May 23, 2015 at 1:11 AM

I will be reaching Brussels from Luxembourg by IC train at 1100h and depart at 1530h for Amsterdam by Mega bus.
      1. places to visit?
      2. From where bus of mega bus depart?
      3. Which station has left luggage facility?
      Can somebody advice

6 Answers May 25, 2015 at 8:28 AM