VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Bristol Travel Answers

change location
suvanki's Profile Photo

Rodney Hotel, Clifton, Bristol

by suvanki Online Now Sep 27, 2005 at 3:14 PM

Hi, Has anyone stayed at this hotel? The webpage makes it sound very good- Booked in for a night in October (attending a meeting, with 5 colleagues, so We're all curious to hear any personal comments)
Best Wishes,
Sue X

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • TJS1's Profile Photo

RE: Rodney Hotel, Clifton, Bristol

by TJS1 Online Now Sep 28, 2005 at 6:33 AM

Hi Sue,
    I know this Hotel but as I live in Bristol I have not stayed there. Clifton is certainly the best of Bristol (as far as I am concerned). Your 'home page' says you have been to bristol and I am not sure how much you know it? Anyway if you get the chance stroll into Clifton Village - plenty of bars and eating places - fish, Greek, Italian, Chinese, Indian etc. My favs - The Brunel Wine Bar for tapas and characters (the odd Bentley, Ferrari, Porche owner)The Clifton Sausage for food (they do a lot more than sausage - book early to avoid disappointment!) and The Avon Gorge hotel for a spectacular view of the suspension bridge from the spacious patio area.(all within 1/4 mile)
    p.s. I can relate to a lot of places in your profile - I was born in Doncaster, but have moved quite a lot, living in various places including Scarborough. Around Sheffield I have enjoyed many visits to the Chatsworth Estate (Baslow? etc)Castleton & Matlock Bath are also old favourites.
    Good Luck with your travels.
    TJ

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bristol