VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Brig

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• suekay3's Profile Photo

What to see in Basel

Basel Jan 7, 2017 at 7:02 PM

We only have one afternoon in Basel before our cruise ship leaves. What should we see in the 3-4 hours that we have?

more
    • 2 days Itinerary to explore Switzerland

Lausanne Jan 12, 2017 at 2:56 PM

Can anyone help me with my itinerary? I'll be staying in Lausanne for 2 weeks and have one weekend free to explore the beauty of Switzerland. I would like to see the Swiss Alps also Chateau de Chillon and other great places. please help!

more
    • Proper Clothing

Lausanne Jan 4, 2017 at 6:16 AM

Hi,
      I'll be there in Lausanne on the 23rd of January, given the weather forecasts what is the proper clothing to wear?
      Also purpose of travel is for business any recommendation of poaces to explore after office hours? Which is more cheaper Lausanne to Paris or Lausanne to Milan.

Thank You.

more
    • Any cheaper alternatives to Switzerland with similar scenery

Switzerland Jan 15, 2017 at 8:48 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if there were other countries or regions in other countries with beautiful scenery like in Switzerland
      - quaint villages
      - glaciers, ice caves
      - pretty castles
      - decent public transport

more
    • Taxi from Brig station

by Philpin Online Now Apr 10, 2015 at 5:47 AM

Arrive by train 7.15pm will thre be a taxi?

2 Answers Apr 10, 2015 at 6:18 AM
    • Asian food

by GeoffreyF Online Now Mar 23, 2015 at 8:02 PM

Is there a Chinese or an Indian restaurant in brig or visp

1 Answer Mar 24, 2015 at 4:36 AM
    • Metal music bar in Brig

by frogdollop Online Now Sep 27, 2014 at 7:25 PM

Hello local advisers,

Last time I visited Brig I discovered a bar that was fun, but I've forgotten its name. I think its on the ground floor of a hotel near the main square. Metal music seems to be the theme, and at the time I visited last year you could smoke in there. Any idea where this place is?

Many thanks

Simon

• Car Shuttle Train

by mjs0627 Online Now Sep 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM

I will be traveling in January 2014. How can I find out if the Simplon Pass is open? If not, can I drive part of the way or do I have to load my car in Brig's Car Shuttle Train station?

2 Answers Oct 1, 2013 at 9:41 AM
    • Brig Railway Station

by snuby Online Now Mar 2, 2004 at 3:00 PM

I will be travelling to Switzerland in July and doing the Glacier Express trip..I will be returning to Interlaken after the trip and my question is about Brig Station. When i look up the timetable for trains on the sbb site it shows a change of trains at brig.How far is it between Brig MGB-fo/bvz and the other brig station I have put the web page address on so you can see what i mean fahrplan.sbb.ch/bin/query.ex... Thankyou Scott

1 Answer Mar 3, 2004 at 10:17 AM