change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Brestskaya Voblasts' Travel Answer Locations

• possibly visiting Belarus next month

Brest Jul 28, 2016 at 8:06 AM

Anyone know what is the real cost of traveling from Warsaw, Poland to Brest, Belarus please ? (ie., flying into Warsaw as a cheaper option than flying in Minsk.) And/or perhaps it is convenient to hire a car (with insurance) in Warsaw to visit Belarus ? Thank you. Pete

6 Answers Aug 1, 2016 at 10:14 AM
    • call_me_rhia's Profile Photo

leaving brest, by train

Brest Apr 13, 2015 at 2:18 PM

hello... we'll soon be going to belarus and have heard that, when leaving brest for poland, we'll need to find the customs office in brest central station in order to "stamp" ourselves out of the country.
      Does anyone know where the office is? And since we don't read cyrillic, what can we expect to find written on it?
      And one more question: would it be enough to get there one hour before our train leaves?
      thanks a million.

3 Answers Apr 14, 2015 at 12:14 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

Bus links in Belarus?

Brest Dec 30, 2012 at 9:13 AM

Hello all
      Can someone advise it a link exists showing bus links in Belarus?
      In particular i'm curious about bus links between Brest, Hrodno, Niasviz and Minsk.
      Thanks guys :)

7 Answers Jan 7, 2013 at 3:39 PM
    • Drugness's Profile Photo

2 questions about Brest - the Polish border & the fortress

Brest Dec 27, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Hello all
      Two questions for you
      First, crossing from Poland into Belarus - I was wondering if it takes longer to go from Poland to Belarus, or from Belarus to Poland? Silly question perhaps, but I hear it can take a while. Was thinking of getting the train from Warsaw to Brest.
      Second question, is it easy to visit the Brest Fortress memorial from Brest city itself. Is the public transport decent or must I use a travel agent or take a taxi?
      Also, if somebody can recommend good accommodation in Brest, that would be fantastic :)
      Thank you all

4 Answers Jan 1, 2013 at 3:36 AM
    • Following my ancesters

Brest May 1, 2010 at 7:39 AM

My Grandfather came to US via Brest, Belarus in 1914. I am planning to check the
      archives there for any information. We will be coming from St. Petersburg, Russia
      and would like recommendations on how to get there via train or plane. Thanks.

4 Answers Jun 13, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    • sihi's Profile Photo

Baranovichy, Belarus

Baranavichy Oct 12, 2009 at 2:50 PM

I will go to Baranovichy in 30 October.

Does anybody can recomend any good restaurant (preferably local cuisine or maybe something from Polish, Lithuanian cuisine), some good shops with shoes, cloths?
      Local food (in the shops) - what to try (bred, cheese,....)?

Can I use my bank card Visa for paying in the shops there? ATMs?

I will take also some Euros there, hope to change them to Belarus rubles.

Something interesting to see in the city and surroundings?

Many many thanks!:)

3 Answers Jul 12, 2012 at 2:05 PM
    • Transport from Brest Airport

Brest Aug 15, 2009 at 10:53 AM

What is the best and cheapest way to go from Brest airport to Camping Dy-Nadan in Arzano? We do not want to drive.

1 Answer Aug 15, 2009 at 11:04 AM
    • hmull's Profile Photo

Visit to Stolin April 09

Stolin Jan 15, 2009 at 10:52 AM

Going to visit 2 girls we hosted from the village if anyone has any info on the area I would be most gratfull. Also if any info on the Goryn Hotel in Stolin. Not sure if we will stay there for a night or not? Thank you. Hilda

4 Answers Jan 22, 2009 at 7:45 AM
    • Travel Info

Brest May 21, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Is there any backpacker style of cheap hostel and train station hostel in Brest ? train station luggage storage ? By the way, any online street map for Belarus, good yellowpages online for Belarus ?

1 Answer Apr 27, 2009 at 10:21 PM
    • Visit to Brest via WAW

Brest Feb 12, 2008 at 6:37 AM

My grandfather came to the US via Brest around circa 1915. He finally settled
      in Cleveland, Ohio. The ethnic background of our name is Ukrainian. My wife,
      daughter (who is fluent in Russian), and I are planning a trip to Brest to check
      the archives there regarding emigrants from that area. I need advise on how
      to get there from WAW, also I need a sponsor or hotel to "invite" us there, and
      any further info that may help us with the search. We do have copies of documents from that time period. Please advise as we are planning our trip for May, 2008. Thank you
      greg krivchenia

3 Answers Jun 18, 2009 at 12:16 PM
    • Renting a car in Brest

Brest Jun 12, 2007 at 7:51 AM

I am going to visit belarus in the coming few days and i will be staying in kobryn region.But i was thinking if there will be any car renting offices in brest region.

• Vlasovtse or Wlasowce

Brest Apr 23, 2007 at 3:50 AM

I have just found out my father was born in Wlasowce. He was Polish. I would like to visit in 2008. Many web sites say it is in Ukraine others in Belarus. Please help , does anyone know of this village and how easily could I travel from the UK to it.

4 Answers May 28, 2007 at 3:18 AM
    • Warsaw to Brest Trains

Brestskaya Voblasts' Feb 20, 2007 at 2:47 PM

I am an Englishman soon to visit Brest as a traveller and visit my friend there
      on 26/02/07. I arrive at Warsaw Poland by plane at 10:15 am. I wonder if you could help me by letting me know how frequent the trains are from Warsaw to Brest, from which station (I believe there are 3), and the approximate times, allowing time to get from the airport to the correct train station and book the tickets, etc!

2 Answers Jun 5, 2007 at 4:43 PM
    • From Brest to Terespol @ 7 Jan 2007 - how ???? HELP !

Brest Dec 26, 2006 at 5:50 AM

I have just noticed that usual trains between Brest and Terespol do not travel @ 7 Jan 2007.

At this day a need to get to Poland ! What would you advice me ?
      I was thinkig about crossing the border by a car with somebody. How much costs to take a taxi from Brest Central station to the border ? I am afraid that taxi drivers from Central station take too much. Do you have radio taxi in Brest ? If yes pls give me some numbers with area code.

Thanks for a help.

• train question for getting to Baranavochi

Brestskaya Voblasts' Dec 25, 2006 at 8:53 PM

I'm flying to Warsaw in a couple of weeks. I'm trying to get from Warsaw to Baranovichi by way of train. I would have flown into Minsk but it was much more expensive and the departure flights were rare and fare between. I'm trying to get to Baranovichi to visit some friends. Can anyone tell me anything about the train that travels to Baranovichi from Warsaw, like departure regulairity (daily?), approaximate cost? Is it just one train I need to take or are there several ones to get me there? I found a Polish site that had some of the information but unfortunately I do not read or understand Polish. Can anyone help me out with these question and if so, maybe more? I would greatly appreciate the help. Thanks-byron

2 Answers Jan 28, 2007 at 9:11 AM
    • information

Brest Dec 21, 2006 at 4:42 AM

I wish to go to Warsaw by plane then to Brest by train. Where can I find a timetable of the Warsaw-Brest trip?. From Brest I need to go to Pinsk; again I wish to know the available trains. Another question: is it simple to go from the Warsaw airport to the railway station?
      Thanks in advance

1 Answer Dec 31, 2006 at 10:07 AM
    • Is Brest a safe place to visit?

Brest May 28, 2006 at 5:38 AM

I'm planning to take a train from Minsk to Brest this july. I want to stay one or two days in Brest and than I take a train to Poland. I am a young female and I will be alone on this trip (and during my stay) I would like to know if Brest is a safe place. Of course I will not wander the emty streets at night but I would like to take long walks during the daytime and make a lot of photographs. I heard a lot of scary stories about this place but none of the people telling them have actually been in Brest. So, should I believe them and change my trip, or is it all not that bad?
      Thanks a lot!

4 Answers Jul 18, 2006 at 8:13 AM
    • HANSCOPS's Profile Photo

visit to brest

Brestskaya Voblasts' Dec 1, 2005 at 11:41 AM

I want to visit Brest with some friends in the first week of March 2006. We're looking for a cheap hotel or hostel. We don't need luxury rooms, just a place to sleep.

What's the temperature approximately at the end of february, beginning off march?

Can we withdraw some cash from ATM's?

What are the prices for things like:
      - a meal
      - bread
      - beer
      - trainticket to Minsk
      - taxi

That's all for the moment!
      Thanks allready for those who wants to reply

a Belgian

4 Answers Jan 6, 2006 at 11:50 AM
    • A little help please

Brest Jul 28, 2005 at 9:24 AM

Greetings! I'm hoping someone will help a guy out. I have been cooresponding with a young lady who says she lives in Brest, Belarus. We have exchanged e-mails and pictures for about two weeks now. There is a strong possibility that this could be a big scam so I'm hoping someone in Brest could check out this Address she gave me and tell me if it is valid or not. She has not asked for money or anything and sounds very genuine and I do like her a lot if she is real. The address is...

Kosmonavtov str. 4
      Brest, 225000

I dont want to give the name out because this could all be very real and that wouldn't be right. I'm just hoping some honest person in Brest will read this and want to help me out. If somebody has a better idea I'm listening...My e-mail is

Thank you

2 Answers Jan 15, 2006 at 10:17 AM
    • Yogi555's Profile Photo

You are welcome

Brest Jan 2, 2004 at 11:10 PM

I see that there is nobody at the forum of my city. I hope that the message will help someone to learn more about my nice city

1 Answer Aug 11, 2008 at 10:10 PM
    • A visit to Stolin

Stolin Sep 13, 2003 at 6:38 PM

I would love to visit Velemichi in Stolin. Have recently hosted 2 lovely children as a part of the Chernobyl Childrens Lifeline Charity. Please Can you tell me the best airport/airline to use and accomodation available in Velemichi/Stolin. Thanks very much.

2 Answers Feb 1, 2006 at 7:30 AM