VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Brest Travel Answers

change location

Tour suggestion please

by texto Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Hi,

I have two days in Brest and I need some advice on how to get the best out of my visit. I want to see beautiful sandy beaches and natural beauty. I won't be driving. Please can you recommend something spectacular?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Tour suggestion please

by ATLC Online Now Aug 7, 2008 at 2:29 PM

For bus transportation around Brest, BIBUS is the company you need:
    http://www.bibus.fr/
    There is an English version.

In Bretagne, there are many spectacular sights. The northern coast line (Pink Coast because of the colour of the rocks), Mont-Saint-Michel (take a train from Brest to Rennes, then see bus services at www.lescourriersbretons.fr

To be honest, a car would be best. You could rent one for a day, and explore the south coast. There are celtic landmarks, and beautiful nature sights.

You'll find the most popular places at:
    Bretagne Travel Guide

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Tour suggestion please

by texto Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Thank you. Bibus has an interactive map which helped me plan the trip. I could not find a decent printable tourist map of Brest on Google. Not to comfortable driving on the other side of the road - so I'll stick with buses and trust my legs :-)

Any recommendations for vegetarian food in Brest? (Indian, Chinese, Middle eastern or french?)

• ATLC's Profile Photo

Re: Tour suggestion please

by ATLC Online Now Aug 9, 2008 at 12:20 PM

The French www.viamichelin.com will provide you with very detailed maps. Try it!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines