VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Bremen Travel Answers

change location

Arriving on 27th June for 3 nights -hotels, nightlife any suggestions are welcomed!

by kashyap421 Online Now May 13, 2008 at 9:05 AM

Hi everyone..

Arriving on 27th June from Scotland-celebrate my friends upcoming wedding.

Found a lot of the hotels expensive -found a website for bed and breakfasts-anyone know about the site: www.bed-and-breakfast.de

They recommended a place in the Aldstadt area- Stephaniviertel and one a little further out in the Bremen Neustadt: both areas nice-what would u say?

Any help or advice for things to do and also re nightlife would be welcomed-cheers

Kash

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • JHR's Profile Photo

Re: Arriving on 27th June for 3 nights -hotels, nightlife any suggestions are welcomed!

by JHR Online Now May 13, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Stephaniviertel - pleasant area ,around St Stephens Church. Area and church rebuilt after the war. The church itself is near to the river. And it's only a short stroll into town.

It's the obvious place, but riverside drinking on 'die Schlachte' was very pleasant, the beer excellent and not overpriced.

Also head to the Ostertorviertel - lots of bars-restaurants. Get off a tram at Goetheplatz and stroll eastwards.

Note: I took the boat trip round Bremen port (Hafenrundfahrt). A pleasant way to spend a few hours, and the vessel I sailed in had a bar!

Hope this helps.

James - Anglo-Scot; living near Manchester; formerly of Uddingston; Motherwell fan (Europe here we come); looking forward to dodging bears in Manchester tomorrow (14/05/08) to attend a German evening-class! How they got past Werder still baffles me...as it did most people in Bremen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Bremen