Braunau am Inn

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Waldlager Ranshofen

by Lizzie-mac Online Now May 16, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I was born in Braunau am Inn on 26 April 1946 and the address on my birth Certificate is Waldlager Ranshofen, Braunau Am Inn
      My parents were Hungarians who had fled Budapest in early 1945 and were in Waldlager Ranshofen for several years. My father returned to Budapest in 1946. My mother and I emigrated to New Zealand in 1949.
      I am looking for any information regarding the camp. I believe it was demolished in 1954.

I will be visiting Austria & Hungary later this year with my son and his wife. We plan to stay in Braunau am Inn on the nights of 28th & 29th September and are hoping to tour Braunau am Inn on Saturday 29 September as that is our only full day in Braunau. My son and his wife will be flying back to London on Sunday 30 Sept (from Salzburg). On Monday 1 October, I will travelling on to Zurich.
      I have found information about the National Exhibition 2012 being held at Ranshofen Castle which we plan to visit.

I have been in touch with Susan Urferer who runs tours in Braunau but she is not avalable at that time.

Is there anyone else who runs tours ?

Thanks
      Liz McKenzie

1 Answer May 18, 2012 at 11:27 PM