VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Bratislava Travel Answers

change location
JocelynAguilar's Profile Photo

5 hrs in Bratislava

by JocelynAguilar Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 11:02 PM

Hi, Im going to visit Bratislava approx for 5 hrs. Please recommend me what to see. Do you know if there is a touristic bus to see everything? What is the cost? thank you!

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: 5 hrs in Bratislava

by leics Online Now Aug 31, 2014 at 11:33 PM

Bratislava has a very small historical centre, much of which is either pedestrianised or not accessible for large buses. I'm not aware of any hop-in bus.

How are you travelling? If you are arriving by train you can walk to the historical centre from the railway station in about 10-15 minutes. It's an easy and straightforward walk. If you are arriving by boat from Vienna you will get off near the historical centre. You can easily spend 5 hours just wandering the historical centre, seeing the sights, shops, eating etc....or maybe walk a little further and go to the rather nice, and very large, Eurovea shopping centre:

"Eurovea" - Bratislava Off The Beaten Path Tip by leics

My Bratislava page will give you some ideas of what to see and where to go:

"Dragons and Green Men..." - Bratislava by leics

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 12:28 AM

they have a small vintage citybus that will also go through some of the old streets and up the Castle within 1,5 hours. it might help you to get a good overview of things that you might want to see in the rest of your time:
    getyourguide.com/bratislava-...
    Bratislava has the euro just like Austria , BUT in General most things, especially Food in the Restaurants is cheaper there than in Vienna !

3 members found this helpful

• globetrott's Profile Photo

by globetrott Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 12:37 AM

a bit OUTside of the inner City BUT doable as a walk from the citycentre is this lovely wedding church, the so-called Blue Church:

the church is not open all day; BUT you can see the outside of course any time

5 members found this helpful

• white_smallstar's Profile Photo

by white_smallstar Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 12:56 AM

I saw a little red train when I was there.

Pressburg Train

If you ever do not have time and you still wish to see the Old Town, the antique train Prešporáčik (Little Pressburger) can help you to see most of the historical sights in the town.

The tour by the Prešporáčik vintage train takes about 50 minutes and the price depends on the number of persons on board.

Another longer tour is avalable.

bratislavaguide.sk/tours/gui...

3 members found this helpful

• Odiseya's Profile Photo

by Odiseya Online Now Sep 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM

Hi!
    I liked Bratislava Old town. You could see here - Bratislava Things to Do Tips by Odiseya some of interesting places in City that is very easy find.

1 member found this helpful

• Raimix's Profile Photo

by Raimix Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 2:44 AM

Hello ;)

I recommend to limit yourself only to Bratislava old town. It will be enough time when ;) Also you try some food, drinks in territory of old town, plenty of bars. Old town is quite small, main things in very walkable distance.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines