VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Bratislava Travel Answers

change location
mvp2ny's Profile Photo

First time visiting....

by mvp2ny Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 7:28 PM

Staying at the Doubletree.....anyone know how far is from the airport. How's nightlife around there. Any good local souvenier spots. And most importantly nice sportsbar/lounge to watch the worldcup since I will be there for the final.

Thanks all.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: First time visiting....

by yvr Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 8:44 PM

Distance between airport and hotel 5.7km

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: First time visiting....

by leics Online Now Jul 3, 2014 at 11:44 PM

The Doubletree is quite some way outside Bratislava's historical centre which is where you will find the majority of places to eat, souvenir shops (not too many of those), nightife etc. It's around 1.5 miles, perhaps 30 mins on foot.

If you walk to the junction of Krizna and Sancova near the hotel (look on googlemaps) there are several trams and buses which will take you into or very near the old town. Tram and bus info in English:

imhd.zoznam.sk/ba/public-tra...

Or you can take a taxi, of course.

Bratislava's airport is fairly near the city. Unusually for me (I arrived in the early hours after a flight diversion to Brno), I used a taxi to get to and from the airport. There are buses:

bts.aero/en/passengers/navig...

And here's the airport taxi info page:

bts.aero/en/passengers/servi...

My Bratislava page will give you some idea of what the city is like, where to eat etc etc. There are plenty of bars so it shouldn't be too hard for you to find one showing football:

"Dragons and Green Men..." - Bratislava by leics

I'm sure other VT-ers who have visited Bratislava will also come along with ideas........

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines