VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Bratislava Travel Answers

change location
fool_moon's Profile Photo

train to Kosice v.v.

by fool_moon Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 4:34 AM

I can find a timetable of the slovacian Train Company but cant find out the Tarif as I dont understand the language and the Google translator is not clear. I am 74 years old and understand that there is a Special Discount for "over 70". who can help ?

Quote & Answer
10 Answers
  • fool_moon's Profile Photo

Re: train to Kosice v.v.

by fool_moon Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 5:09 AM

first of all: you did misunderstand my question, because I was asking for the TARIF anyway. Second you dont need to advise me about ethics: I am an invalid 74 years old almost blind man with a Minimum income who does not need to be disencoraged to travel. I hope you will be better of when (and if) you reach my age

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Pomerol's Profile Photo

by Pomerol Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 6:29 AM

Hello,

I am a bit troubled by the current wind of cynicism that seems to accompany simple questions by VT members.

If you look carefully, there is a small icon at the top of the site "EN" that will give you information in English. http://www.slovakrail.sk/en.html

From what I could tell, the ticket will cost you 1.28 euros.

Good luck.

2 members found this helpful

by fool_moon Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 6:59 AM

Thank you very much. I came to this, but I am afraid that this may be only the tax because it seems so Little for a traject of more than 400 km. On the other Hand: my passed-over mother in law (Hungarian living in Budapest) had FREE travel inside Hungaria as a retired Person.

• katamorgana's Profile Photo

by katamorgana Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 11:45 AM

Hi, the price is about 18€. I am not sure, if the senior tarif is valit for foreigners, I am trying find it out.

Have a nice time in Slovakia.

Katarina

by fool_moon Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 12:48 PM

is 18 euro one-way or return fare ? Anyway already many thanks. By the way I am Austrian citizen which means EU

by katamorgana Online Now Apr 30, 2014 at 12:55 PM

18 € for one-way, the senior 70+ fare is the 1,28 €. I have nowhere found nothing about foreing citizens. I have written a request to Slovak railways and I am waiting for the answer. It looks like you could use the 70+ price :-)

1 member found this helpful

by katamorgana Online Now May 1, 2014 at 2:01 AM

a good news Richard, 70+ fare can use foreigners yoo. You only need your ID card or a passport to show your age. ;)

by katamorgana Online Now May 1, 2014 at 7:21 AM

It is available for each person above 70, no matter if he/she is from EU or any other country all over the world.

by fool_moon Online Now May 10, 2014 at 1:36 AM

Hi katamorgana,

excuse me for answering so late but I was not at home . I have to thank you really very much because you went far beyond the normal answers which one gets in VT Forums by inquiring at the slovakian railway corp. This is indeed great News. I will travel to Kosice to visit the former European culture capital.
    Thank you again very much !

Regards from Vienna, Richard

by katamorgana Online Now May 10, 2014 at 3:26 AM

You are wellcome Richard :-) I hope, you will like Kosice. Helping foreigners is why I am a VT member. Good luck.
    Kata

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines