Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

are all museums in Bucharest closed on mondays?

Bucharest Oct 18, 2016 at 9:06 AM

our plan for the moment is:
      arrive at Gare de Nord
      bus to Revolution Square, check monuments, buildings and Romanian Athenaeum
      walk south into Old Town
      walk south to Unirii square, maybe short stop to Parliament Palace for photographs
      back to hotel room (400m S of Unirii sq)

what will you add there?
      from what I see most if not all museums in Bucharest close on mondays.
      but is this case for all of them? I try to put some indoor attraction the day we will visit the capital but cant find something.

• mindcrime's Profile Photo

one day in bucharest, what to do?

Bucharest Oct 16, 2016 at 11:37 PM

what would you do if you had one day in Bucharest?
      we plan to arrive at the train station at about 11:30am so I'd like to hear an itinerary from there (with no taxi)
      we will depart the next morning (no time for sightseeing that morning, just breakfast and bus to the airport)

• Shockgirl's Profile Photo

Bran, trains and the Carpathian Mtns.

by Shockgirl Online Now Jan 26, 2005 at 4:27 PM

Now that I'm in the proper forum, I hope someone finds my post... Is there one of those old fashioned trains that takes a scenic tour through the mountains near Bran or in a driveable distance from there? I have activities planned for the first few days, leaving me stuck for plans after visiting Bran. So far, leaving Bucharest headed to Brasov with stops over in Ploiesti, Sinaia and Brasov - Overnight in Brasov, or Predeal. Then either on to Bran or a side-trip to Sighisoara and Sibiu, then Bran. Bran seems to have enough to see worth an overnight stay, but then I'm stuck. Would like to travel back through Pitesti and Targoviste on the way back to Bucharest and would like to do something besides look at castles and ruins. Dince I'm renting a car, should we just drive through the mountains or is there one of those trains that skirt the outer edges of the mountains? Any other suggestions would be really appreciated. I'm meeting mu husband in Bucharest after not seeing him for five months and want this - our first international vacation - to be a romantic and memorable one. Thanks so much for helping me out. Shockgirl

24 Answers Jan 27, 2008 at 12:16 AM