change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Sharonov's Profile Photo

Taxi Service

Moreton in the Marsh Aug 15, 2016 at 7:42 AM

On previous visits to the area we've used the bus to get from moreton-in-marsh to Chipping Campden. We want to use a car service this time. Can anyone recommend a taxi service for this relatively short (12 k) trip?

more
    • Parking for folk week

Whitby Aug 1, 2016 at 2:40 PM

OOps! I put my earlier request in the wrong section so please forgive me!!

Does any one have any recommendations for the best /cheapest day parking in Whitby for the folk week - plan to visit a couple of days. Don't want to park in the leisure centre as it's a long treck with instruments in tow. Really looking forward to the wonderful folk atmosphere again

Many thanx

more
    • transportation between terminals

Heathrow Aug 21, 2016 at 10:45 AM

I have a 6 hour layover in Terminal 5 and want to go to Yotel at Terminal 4. Can I go there without a ticket showing connecting flight out of terminal 4? Can I go there without going through customs? If this is possible, where do I go in terminal 5 to find the transportation? Is there a fee?

more
    • Adam_uk's Profile Photo

Dorset - art/craft/glass shops and independent shops

England Aug 8, 2016 at 1:12 PM

Hi,

I am looking for craft like places to look at for shopping in Dorset, so pottery places/glass places, etc. I know about Poole pottery, but am really looking for small independent craft places. I have searched, but can't really see many places in Dorset (am staying near Sturminster Newton and will have a car, so can travel). If anyone can help, I would be really grateful.

Thanks for reading this even if you can't help :-)
      Adam

more
    • Transit visa

Heathrow Aug 2, 2016 at 9:17 PM

I'm traveling from Iran to Canada and I have a 5 hour layover in Heathrow. I arrive at terminal 4 with Ethihad airlines and depart from terminal 2 with Air Canada. Apparently I'll need a transit visa if I pass through control border. How can I make sure if I will and I need a visa.

more
    • Whitby folk

Whitburn Jul 31, 2016 at 6:13 AM

Hi

Really looking forward to Whitby folk - any ideas of the cheapest places to park please. Don't want to park in the leisure centre as it's a long walk into town with instruments. Plan to get there at 10 am or just after and leave by 4pm or so

Travelling in from Flaxton - so are there any road works in operation or planned for the end of Aug

Many thanx

more
    • morgul's Profile Photo

Drayton Manor Park

Tamworth Aug 17, 2016 at 7:39 AM

Hi,
      Does anybody know how much is a taxi from Tamworth train station to Drayton Manor Park? Can you recommend a company?
      Thank you
      Bogdan

more
    • cheap shoes?

Teignmouth Jul 27, 2016 at 3:18 PM

Where can i get shoes (Trainers) for not more than £10?

more
    • terminal 2 to terminal 5

Heathrow Yesterday

I will be arriving on Aer Lingus in terminal 2 at 12:40 but have a separate flight that I need to board out of terminal 5 on BA at 3:15. Will this leave me enough time to get through baggage claim, security, customs and bag checking, etc?

more
    • BALLOON FIESTA ACCOMMODATION

Bristol Jul 29, 2016 at 6:06 AM

Am coming to Bristol for the balloon fiesta - any reccommendations on where to stay??

more
    • Transit Time

Heathrow Jul 27, 2016 at 6:04 AM

Thank you in advance for the help and advice.

We are flying into Heathrow from Charlotte, USA on American Air. We then are connecting on to an Iceland air flight to Iceland. Since Amerian Air, and Iceland Air, do not share ticketing or baggage, I have to purchase two separate tickets. I will have to go thru passport control upon arrival into Heathrow, claim my baggage, exit the airport, find the correct terminal in which Iceland Air is departing from, then recheck my baggage at the Iceland Air counter, go back thru security, and,,,,,sit down.

My question is, how long will it reasonable take to do the above?

Thanks again.

more
    • Travelling to Iceland from Mumbai. Do I need a transit visa at Heathrow?

Heathrow Aug 4, 2016 at 12:38 PM

I am travelling to Iceland from Mumbai and have to change flights at Heathrow. From terminal 4 to terminal 2.

Do I need a transit visa?

more
    • MightyMo41's Profile Photo

premier league match ticket

Manchester Jul 30, 2016 at 9:36 AM

Hello everyone

Would anyone suggest me a trusted website where i can buy a premier league match ticket?

Thanks

more
    • Fish n chips

Whitby Aug 16, 2016 at 1:10 AM

Really looking forward to Whitby folk - any suggestions for good fish n chips reasonably priced - I know about the Three Magpies and I wasn't impressed with the Jolly Sailor - there is a session in the George & Dragon has anybody eaten there recently?? - Normally we go to the Hare & Hounds at West Hawksker on a Fri

Also if any locals know of any good cheap day parking - not the leisure centre as it's OK going down but an almighty treck up hill

more
    • Airside Transit Query in Stansted

Stansted Aug 19, 2016 at 12:16 AM

Hi All, I hope someone can respond to this - many thanks!

Very simply, I'm aiming to fly with Ryanair from Glasgow to Stansted, then pick up another Ryanair flight from Stansted to Cork. I'm travelling on an Irish passport, and I'll have hand luggage only.

I have slightly overly 1.5 hours to do this, and my question is this: is it possible to stay 'in transit' and therefore disembark at Stansted, check the flight information board when I arrive for the Stansted to Cork departure gate, then make my way to that gate WITHOUT having to go thru immigration and re-circulating via security etc.?

When I have disembarked (from other flights) via Stansted I have noticed a 'flight connections' sign, and assumed that that was in place for that very purpose, but I'm not entirely confident about this.

Many thanks again.

more
    • transportation

London Aug 7, 2016 at 7:29 PM

What is the best way to get from heathrow to Park Plaza Riverbank hotel.

more
    • GyuriFT's Profile Photo

Manchester long-term car parking, driving in UK with a "wrong" car

Manchester Aug 6, 2016 at 5:18 AM

I fly regularly to Texas. With a lot of electronics both way we strongly prefer non-stop flights.
      So far the DME-IAH flight of Singapore Air served us the best.

In their infinite wisdom Singapore Air changed their flights to Munch / from Munich and to Moscow / from Moscow so neither can be used.
      Instead, they fly now from Singapore to Houston via Manchester.

Questions:

- What is the best way to get from Alsace to Manchester by car?
      - My car is quite "wrong" for UK, even with the right-hand drive car it's a challenge for me to drive there. How to manage that?
      - How the channel - tunnel operations do work? I do have a Title and a Registration - but not the usual European paperwork, so the curb weight of the car is not indicated. Do I need to contact the manufacturer for the weight data or it is irrelevant on the ferry or the train?
      - Normally (at least in RU) it is not rude to ask (in advance!) the airbnb host to park the car on his/her premises (i.e. in the garden or private driveway) while I am in Texas for few weeks.
      How is it in UK? Is it rude?
      - What is the best area in Manchester which is good for the airport transportation (and probably leaving the car for few weeks safely)

Thanks

more
    • paddington28's Profile Photo

Train from London to Luton

London Yesterday

Hi Guys and Gals,

Just booked my flight to Morroco in October. Flying out from Luton airport,flight is at 12 Midday. im looking at arriving in Victoria station at 6 am,what would be my best option to get to Luton for about 9 ish?

Bus or train? do they do express train like the heathrow express?
      Many thanks,
      Paddington

more
    • Arriving on AA flight in LHR from USA at Term 3, departing on BA flight for DUB at Term 5

Heathrow Aug 21, 2016 at 3:41 PM

Will I go through Customs (reclaim & recheck my baggage) in Term 3 at LHR or at DUB (my final destination)?

Is 2&1/2 hrs layover at LHR long enough to complete this entire process and get me to my Term 5 gate?

more
    • Going from T3 to T2 at Heathrow

Heathrow Aug 11, 2016 at 2:19 PM

Flying into Heathrow on American arriving in Terminal 3. Flying out of Heathrow on Aer Lingus leaving from Terminal 2. Since I am traveling on a separate ticket with Aer Lingus. How is the best way to get from T3 to T2? And, how long will this change take since I am going to go through Passport Control and Customs twice?

more
    • What to do in Transit

Heathrow Aug 5, 2016 at 8:09 PM

Hi,
      I will be having a transit of almost 7 hrs(1100-1900hrs) on a Saturday at T5. Any recommendations on where I can go if I intend to do some sight seeing?

Also, I'm changing plane, but same airline. Would I need to collect my lugguage and later check in again?

Appreciate your advice.

more
    • sass1217's Profile Photo

Easiest way to get to Victoria Station from Heathrow

London Jul 27, 2016 at 11:46 AM

Hi! I'm looking for the easiest, not necessarily the quickest, way to get to Victoria from Heathrow. We will be traveling on a Saturday morning around 10:00. I have a 7 day travelpass covering zones 1-4. The less transfers, the better. Time is not necessarily of the essence, as we cannot check into our hotel until 14:00. We are traveling from the US for a 10 day stay, so will have at least 1, if not 2 bags each.

Thanks for your help!

more
    • eriksic's Profile Photo

Time between flights Heathrow Terminal 5

Heathrow Aug 23, 2016 at 3:03 PM

Hi,

I'm traveling from Sweden(Stockholm) to Canada (Toronto) with a layover time of 1 hour and 35 mins.
      Both flights are with BA and arrive/depart Terminal 5.

My question is if 1 hour and 35 mins will be enough time to change flights.

Thanks!

more
    • T3 passport control waiting time at 7pm on a mid-Oct Sunday

Heathrow Jul 30, 2016 at 12:58 AM

I am holding non-EU passport and have another connection to T4 in 2:50hrs after landing at T3. Since I am on two different ticket despite they are BA/MH, 'given the change in oneworld rules, I don't think BA will grant me any exception to check through my luggage. I want to see if that time of the day is the quiet or peak hours at T3. There will be an A380 from Dubai 15 mins before my flight and another Garuda flight landing at similar time as mine. The good thing is once I am at T4, I have Fast Track access, so this could save a bit of hassle and time.

My other option is to only take hand luggage, but this will be my last resort as I want buy some local wines in Spain.

more
    • change in plans made after ticket purchase.

Heathrow Jul 31, 2016 at 3:45 PM

We arriving from MSP - LHR on 01/10/16 on DL 10 arriving in Terminal 4 at 12:15 pm and instead of staying in London on the front part of vacation we have decided to continue on to Munich instead. Contacted Delta. No interlining of luggage with anyone. I was told that to change my business class ticket to now include Munich would cost an additional $8,000 dollars per person. No way. I mentioned to her that there is a flight on BA leaving at 16:35 out of terminal 5 and she said that would be enough time so I booked a separate ticket on BA. Is this doable? Getting nervous.

more
    • Bicycle hire in Boston?

by CalifGranny Online Now Jan 17, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Where can I hire bicycles in the Boston area? We're looking for something similar to the lovely old fat tire cruisers we ride at home. Have toured on a sleeker model, but that was years ago, when - alas - I was sleeker as well. Any suggestions? We're planning a week or so in late April.

3 Answers Jan 19, 2006 at 4:44 AM