Travel Answers
Bormes-les-Mimosas

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How tourist-y is Antibes in January or February?

Antibes Nov 7, 2016 at 12:32 AM

How tourist-y is Antibes in January or February?

I need a get-away soon, but I don't want to be around large numbers of tourists milling around, taking photos, partying. Unlike many tourists these days, I'm not "looking for the action" (excitement) at all.

I do speak French fluently and have been a francophile most of my life.

Is Antibes in the winter subdued enough, quiet enough for me to spend two weeks just de-compressing, wandering around, reading (French novels) and listening to classical music in my apartment? Or should I look elsewhere on the Cote d'Azur, somewhere smaller like Vence or Beaulieu, etc.??

more
    • Menton or Villefranche-sur-mer ?

Menton Nov 5, 2016 at 11:46 PM

How would you compare Menton with Villefranche-sur-mer as a base to explore the Cote d'Azur for a first-time traveler (to the French Riviera) for two-weeks? I am looking for a quiet village or small town atmosphere, away from hordes of tourists, and crossed off Antibes, etc. for that reason. Somehow I narrowed down to my list to Menton and Villefranche-sur-mer. I know the latter is much smaller and seems to cater to a more upper-tier clientele, while the former has attracted many French retirees.

I do speak French and have a degree in art history, with interest in French history and literature. I will not have a car.

more
    • How expensive...?

Villefranche-sur-Mer Nov 5, 2016 at 8:57 AM

How expensive are sundry items and groceries, not just tourist souvenirs? Is the mark-up really high?

more
    • silvia1700's Profile Photo

Bormes les Mimosas or Saint Paul de Vence?

by silvia1700 Online Now Nov 7, 2015 at 6:54 PM

Hello there!
      I'm planning my 2016 vacation and I don't know if I should come back to Saint Paul de Vence(just spent the day last time I was there)for couple of days or go to Bormes les Mimosas(have not been yet). I have to chose one or the other. The little I saw of Saint Paul de Vence, made fall in love with it. Bormes seems beautiful as well...what to do???
      Ideas...anyone?

1 Answer Nov 8, 2015 at 7:20 AM
    • MSLIV's Profile Photo

BORMES LES MIMOSAS

by MSLIV Online Now May 24, 2004 at 5:06 AM

I AM INTERESSTED IN VISITING BORMES THIS SEPTEMBER WHILE TOURING PROVENCE. IF ANY ONE HAVE ANY INFO. REGARDING THIS PLACE. GOOD OR BAD AND IF GOOD ANY RECOMENDATION FOR LODGING WILL BE SO APPRECIATED. THANKS LIV