Travel Answers
Bolivia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• How many days for Uyuni Salt flats trip from Salta, ARG?

Uyuni Oct 11, 2016 at 9:23 AM

I have a long weekend in November and my cousin and I will be traveling from Buenos Aires to Salta with the goal of going to the Salt Flats in Bolivia. If I leave Wednesday night and come back Sunday night, is that enough time to trek up to the Salt Flats and back?

2 Answers Oct 17, 2016 at 7:02 AM
    • Travelling to Bolivia long term

Bolivia Aug 28, 2016 at 9:16 PM

I would appreciate help from people with experience staying in Bolivia long term.

I plan to travel to Bolivia, as a visitor first, but with the idea of staying long term.

I know that I do not need a visitor visa, so I will travel there as a tourist, and if I decide I want to stat longer, I will apply for an extension of my visa.

How difficult is it to get a visa extension?

Is there a limit to the amount of money one can take in cash there? How much?

How difficult is it to open a bank account there, to transfer my money from home?

How easy/difficult is it to withdraw cash from your bank in your country of origin?

Thank you

4 Answers Sep 1, 2016 at 5:00 PM
    • Trekking partners for Cordillera Real (Transcordillera)

Bolivia Aug 5, 2016 at 1:24 AM

Hi guys,
      We are a couple of 2 and will be travelling to Bolivia from the US around end of September 2016. We want to do Transcordillera trek, a very beautiful and unique trek, for 2 weeks (or 13 days). We plan to start the trek on 4 Octorber. However, the company organising for this trek says that to do this, we need total minimum 4 people to go. You can find information about the trek here:
      andeansummits.com/content/co...
      We asked this company to modify the trek to do it from day 4 to day 16 (based on itinerary from above link) as we just want to focus on doing the trek itself. Other days like day 1 to 3 and day 17 focus on sightseeing around La Paz or transporting to airport.

If anyone is interested in this trek and want to join us, please let us know. We are a very friendly couple and love trekking and traveling :)

3 Answers Aug 5, 2016 at 11:48 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Solo Travel In Boliva/Peru

Bolivia Jun 5, 2016 at 6:42 PM

Hey there
      I am considering visiting Bolivia and Peru in either November or January. I'm hoping to travel solo, apart from obvious dangers, is it considered safe? I'm female in my 20s. What is the best way to get around also?

Any suggestion or tips would be appreciated! (Also your favourite places to visit!)

Thanks,
      Allie

5 Answers Jun 6, 2016 at 11:37 PM
    • reputable tour company in Bolivia

Bolivia May 9, 2016 at 2:14 PM

Next month of october I'll be travelling to Bolivia. I'm looking for a reputable tour company. Someone knows Viajes a la Carta Srl, Bolivia Autentica or BEAUTY TOURS BOLIVIA? Many thanks

7 Answers Aug 3, 2016 at 3:44 PM
    • Adav's Profile Photo

Private guide

La Paz May 1, 2016 at 1:23 AM

Hi.
      I will be in La paz in May and am interested in a private guide for two days.
      Can sny one recommend one?

Thank you in anticipation of your help.

Ada

9 Answers May 1, 2016 at 5:11 PM
    • Shanneong's Profile Photo

Walking in Isla Del Sol

Copacabana Apr 20, 2016 at 3:09 AM

Just wonder anyone has done the walking in Isla del Sol from north to south. I have few questions here:

How long it will take to walk?
      Is the route well signed?
      I will travel in early May, and I am thinking of spending one night in the north island and one night in the south island. Should I pre-book my accommodation in Isla del Sol?
      I will be walking alone, anything I should aware of?

Thank you all for your comments.

2 Answers Jun 19, 2016 at 10:55 AM
    • Shanneong's Profile Photo

BUS FROM LA PAZ TO COPACABANA

La Paz Apr 13, 2016 at 2:30 AM

Hi there,

Just wonder how frequent it is for the bus from La Paz to Copacabana. From the search on the website, I can only see the bus depart from cemetery bus terminal in the early morning around 730am. I will arrive at La Paz Airport on 10:30am and would like to travel to Copacabana straight away. Or is there other logistics arrangement anyone can recommend?

Thanks.
      Shanne

2 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 2:56 AM
    • Uyuni salt field tour pre booking, is it necessary?

Uyuni Mar 6, 2016 at 3:53 AM

Hi there , I'm planning a tour from Uyuni for salt field tour in May. Do you think it is fine to only book the tour when I am there. Of course I will research and aim on a few tour agency before I arrive. I'm having difficulty reaching them by email as non of them reply me so far. Thanks.

Shanne

2 Answers Mar 6, 2016 at 9:27 AM
    • Coroico Bolivia

Bolivia Feb 17, 2016 at 7:13 PM

Hi, im travelling to Bolivia in April and Im staying some time in La Paz. I want to go to Coroico for 2 days. Should I book a tour or go independent? Is it easy going to Coroico and the waterfalls there? Any advice on which bus company to choose.
      Thanks
      Guillermina

3 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 12:58 PM
    • Isla del Sol

Bolivia Feb 17, 2016 at 7:12 PM

Hi, im travelling to Bolivia in April and I want to go to Isla del Sol, take to boat to Challapampa walk to Yumani and spend a night there. I heard the walk is preaty steep, do I need to be very fit? Should I book accomodation in advance or look for ir when i get there? Any advice on accomodation for a backpacker?
      Thanks
      Guillermina

2 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 12:59 PM
    • La Paz Uyuni

Bolivia Feb 17, 2016 at 6:50 PM

Hi, im travelling to Bolivia in April and Ill be staying some time in La Paz and I also want to go to Uyuni. Im interested in 3-4 days tour in Uyuni, but do I have to be too fit or is just normal walking ? Should I book a tour from La Paz or go to Uyuni by regular bus and start my tour in Uyuni?
      Ive read some bad reports about tour agencies, any advice?
      Thanks
      Guillermina

4 Answers Feb 19, 2016 at 10:58 AM
    • Puno - Copacabana and Copacabana - La Paz

Bolivia Feb 17, 2016 at 6:44 PM

Hi, im travelling to Perú and Bolivia in April and I want to go from Puno to Copacabana stay a couple of days there and go to La Paz. Should I buy my ticket beforehand or while im in Cusco? Any advice on which bus company to choose.
      Thanks
      Guillermina

• What to wear and bring

Bolivia Jan 15, 2016 at 2:49 AM

Hi everyone,

I will be traveling to Bolivia and Chile next month and need some advice on what clothes to take and any equipment.

I will be doing a:
      3 day tour of the Salt Flats
      a day or two in Atacama
      a few days in Santiago
      a week in Patagonia

Any advice would be appreciated!

• amybbb's Profile Photo

Bus transportation enquiry between Sucre and Potosi

Bolivia Oct 18, 2015 at 11:52 AM

Is the bus transportation from Sucre to Potosi reliable? any bus company particularly recommended? I read that transportation was not between these 2 places are not reliable as there are some problems people between these 2 places, is it still the same case recently?
      Thanks a lot!

• amybbb's Profile Photo

Uyuni tour arrangement

Bolivia Oct 18, 2015 at 11:45 AM

Dear all,
      I've three questions on Uyuni tour
      1. I will probably arrive Uyuni on 6 Dec evening or nite from Potosi by bus, is it still possible to join a 3

day tour to Salar de Uyuni? My end point will be San Pedro Atacama on day 3, or I have to book advance?
      2. Which company for the above kind of tour (3 day tour) is recommended? I only know English but very limited

Spanish.
      3. Can I choose hotel for the 3 Day tour, I don't need luxury hotel but I need a warm and clean one, any

recommendation? Do I need to book in advance before I come to Uyuni?
      Thanks a lot!

• Vegetarian food in Bolivia and visa requirements!!!

Bolivia Sep 1, 2015 at 8:36 AM

Hey Everyone,

I have questions related to two very different topics:

1. We are Indians with a valid Indian passport living in USA. We are planning to fly into La Paz and our transit airport is Lima.
      Do we need to take a visa prior to arriving in La Paz or is it visa on arrival for Indians?
      Do we need a visa for Lima Peru too? The wait time in Lima for us 4 hrs and we do not intend to leave the airport.

2. We are vegetarians and do not eat egg too. How difficult is it to get food in Bolivia specifically Uyuni?

Thanks,
      R

2 Answers Sep 1, 2015 at 11:09 AM
    • Travelling as a single female

Cochabamba Aug 13, 2015 at 7:59 AM

Hello,
      I am planning on travelling to Cochabamba, Bolivia for 3 weeks, and I was wondering if you would recommend going there as a single female? (I am 18 years old, from Austria) I will be staying at an organization with other volunteers, so I won´t be alone most of the time. Would you, based on your experience, recommend going or rather not? Thank you for answering!

1 Answer Aug 13, 2015 at 1:49 PM
    • How to get to the Salar de Uyuni? From the south (Tupiza) or the north (Uyuni)?

Uyuni May 31, 2015 at 7:02 PM

From La Paz we could fly to Uyuni and take a 3-4 day tour that ends back in Uyuni. Fly back to La Paz

OR..... fly La Paz to Uyuni and take the night train to Tupiza. Get a 3-4 day tour heading north that ends in Uyuni and fly back to La Paz.

Assume that the cost is less important than the travel time and the Grand Experience. Thank you!

8 Answers Jun 14, 2015 at 2:50 PM
    • I'm thinking about renting in Samaipata

Samaipata May 30, 2015 at 5:48 PM

Has anyone ever rented a house in Samaipata, Bolivia before?

2 Answers May 31, 2015 at 6:39 AM
    • Private boat to Isla del Sol

Isla del Sol Mar 30, 2015 at 4:49 PM

Hello travelers,

Tell me please how to find a private boat and how much it cost now?

2 Answers Mar 31, 2015 at 12:28 AM
    • Turibus package tour to Salar, Uyuni

Uyuni Mar 3, 2015 at 8:44 AM

If you have used Turisbus to go to Salar, Uyuni, could you give me your impression of their service

• Buses to San Jose de Chiquitos, Bolivia

Puerto Quijarro Feb 25, 2015 at 7:22 AM

I am trying to get to San Jose de Chiquitos, Bolivia from either Puerto Quijarro or Puerto Suarez, Bolivia
      by bus instead of via the "Death train". Do you know if there are buses that would stop at San Jose?
      Also would anyone know if I can get an exit stamp from the Brazilian border at Corumba after 6:00 p.m.
      and then cross over to Puerto Quijarro right after? Many thanks.

3 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 10:05 AM
    • recommend salar de uyuni tour companies?

Bolivia Feb 3, 2015 at 1:53 PM

I'll be in the region in April, and I'm looking for a recommendation for a good tour outfit for a salt flats trip, probably 3 days or so. Anyone have a good recommendation?

5 Answers May 19, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    • travelholic4me's Profile Photo

Air purifier on the go?

Bolivia Jan 1, 2015 at 9:57 PM

Happy New Year everyone!

2015 arrived and it means I'm getting near to the 10-week trip across South America. I will heading to Peru first and pick my friend in Bolivia. She has a bit problem with rhinitis and asks me whether she can bring her Clair air purifier along (www.go-clair.com). I've definitely has no problem with one extra small pack and that purifier seems to run well even in car o.O but is there any other alternatives?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2015 at 9:12 PM
    • Traveling from salta to uyuni

Bolivia Dec 28, 2014 at 10:59 AM

Hi there, I am planning on traveling salta to uyuni on jan 2, 2015. I having a hard time finding out if there is a straight bus from salta and what I have gathered is that I can only travel to the border of Argentina and cross by taxi or bus. Can someone help me to make this a little easier to understand. Hanks south for you help. A lonely Canadian traveler is very appreciative:) happy holidays!

2 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 4:59 PM
    • ChioQuiroz's Profile Photo

Has aynone been in February at the salt flats?

Uyuni Dec 15, 2014 at 8:55 AM

I'm in my planning tour for SA and the best I could fit Uyuni and the the salt flat tour is beginning of February.
      I read that Jan & Feb are not the best to visit since due to weather it can get limited to the outside.
      Has anyone had any bad weather experience? how do the tour agencies usually handle the bad weather? they cancel or they just go ahead and do it?
      Thanks

5 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 10:05 PM
    • Uyuni political unrest.

Uyuni Sep 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Hi, Has or is anyone at present in Uyuni or Rurrenabaque, Bolivia. If so we have been noticing that there is political unrest in these areas and we are booked with Amaszonas Airlines on the 2nd October from Uyuni to La PAZ, Rurrenbaque and have been monitoring 'Flight Board' the last few days and flights are being cancelled in the numbers. Does anyone have any info regarding why this would be happening. We are very concerned. The Amaszonas site is saying nothing... A quick response would be most appreciated. Thank you so much.

• Santa Cruz, Bolivia - weather and vaccinations

Bolivia Sep 1, 2014 at 5:55 AM

What is the weather like in Santa Cruz, Bolivia in September? Are mosquitoes a real problem there?
      Anything one should be aware of from the point of view of health and safety?
      Thanks in advance for anyone who can give me a response.

2 Answers Sep 1, 2014 at 10:54 AM
    • First time to Bolivia....which is the better airport to fly in to to get to Cochabamba, etc

Bolivia Aug 11, 2014 at 1:20 PM

I've spent the past 4 years living in Mexico, and am planning to go to Cochabamba in September to volunteer for 4 months. I'll be flying from Guadalajara, Mexico. I realize I will need to take a bus from either La Paz or Santa Cruz to get to Cocha, so can you recommend which trip might be better? The buses here in Mexico are luxurious...and from what I've read so far, they're not so great in Bolivia. Also, can you recommend which of those 2 cities might be worth spending a week in as a tourist? before heading to Cocha? Thanks!

5 Answers Aug 14, 2014 at 1:49 PM