VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Boca Chica Travel Answers

change location

Hotel in Boca Chica

by Gorgboy Online Now Jul 13, 2004 at 1:12 AM

I am an independent traveller, and this summer I want to stay in Boca Chica with my friend but I don't want the standard all included beach resort, "honeymoon" like.... I would like a nice, not very expensive independent hotel close to the beach. Can anyone help me? Thank you very much in advance

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • oldhippy's Profile Photo

Re: Hotel in Boca Chica

by oldhippy Online Now Jul 15, 2004 at 3:56 AM

Here is the best site for Boca chica...lots of indy hotels to choose from: http://bocachicabeach.net For a more tropical area, check out Bayahibe farther east...and then go to isla saona...very beautiful!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Boosmom's Profile Photo

RE: Hotel in Boca Chica

by Boosmom Online Now Aug 10, 2006 at 12:32 AM

I just returned from D.R. and had a great time. I stayed at the "Hotel Zapata" in Boca Chica. It's right on the beach and includes breakfast only. I think it was around fify bucks a night. Jose, the taxi driver there is nice and reliable. Comfortable rooms with air and a T.V.. Not the most elegant hotel, but nice. If you go, can you please help me get some information on a restaurant there? I posted it tonight, but if you can't find it, please E-mail me and I will send it to you. Thanks in advance.
    Karen

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Boca Chica