change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• TheTravelSlut's Profile Photo

New Years Eve Hotel/Home/AirBnB viewing vantage point recommendations

Sydney Sep 28, 2016 at 9:22 PM

I'll be with 4 other American adults the week prior to and a few days after New Years in Sydney and there primarily for the New Years celebration.

We are most interested in ideas for viewing the fireworks---preferably from a balcony of a high rise hotel, condominium or home. I would be happy to spend the week outside the CBD or Sydney proper except for New Years Eve where I would not mind splurging on a prime viewing accomodation for one or two nights.

Any suggestions outside the ordinary would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• are the Blue Mountains much more crowded on weekends?

by RodL Online Now Mar 28, 2016 at 7:58 PM

We are doing a road trip from Brisbane to Melbourne and will get to the Sydney area early next October. From a travel standpoint it would make more sense coming from the North to first stay in say the Northern Suburbs and see Sydney (taking the train into the CBD) for 4 to 5 days then on to the Blue mountains for 2 to 3 days then continue on to Canberra and South. However, that timetable would put us in the Blue Mountains over a weekend so if the Blue Mountains tend to be really crowded on weekends, we can always go there first and so arrive during the week, then go back to the Sydney area then onto Canberra as that itinerary would put us at the Blues during the weekdays.
      I know this is wrong forum but wondered if we should forget trying to see the Victoria high country/Mt Kosciuszco as we will be in that area early to mid October and it appears that area can still be snow covered then? ( one of the National Park websites -mentioned chains were required to be carried until mid October.)

9 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 4:49 PM
    • toll roads

by geoffhongkong Online Now Dec 2, 2014 at 9:04 PM

I will be driving from blacktown.. katoomba lithgow...bells tomah botanical gardens...penrith..then back to blacktown via featherdale wildlife park

I will be in a hire I correct in my assumption from my reseach that for this routing I will not also need to hire the freeway/motorway auto toll pass unit ....

Thank you

2 Answers Dec 28, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    • visit idea for Blue mountains

by geoffhongkong Online Now Oct 10, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I am staying at the Hotel next to Sydney Central Station on the 12th( after disembarking the Queen Mary Cruise ship) and 16th March 2105 (when I return to Hong Kong) and plan to viisit Blue Mountains area( 13-15th)
      My route plan..(Friday)13th to 15th march 2015..)....Sydney: Mt Tomah (Botanical Gardens : Mt Wilson: Lithgow: Govetts Lookout; Katoomba( all attractions): Penrith( Riverboat cruise); Wilberforce( pioneer Village); Sydney
      From my research I beleive my best options are:-
      (a) a car in Sydney Willaim Street on the Friday morning( drive M1 & M2) and drive back to Sydney Sunday afternoon
      (b)....train from Sydney Central Station to Windsor station,rent a car there , drive the same route and return the car at 1200 on the 15th (they close then), have lunch in the RSL Windsor Club then get the train back to Sydney.
      .I am staying at the Hotel next to Central Station on the 12th and 16th (when I return to Hong Kong)
      If I take the train, on the Sunday morning I can only spend about one & half hours at the Australian Pioneer village, but don't have to worry about the traffic to & from Sydney.
      I am tending towards the train option after reading all of the traffic comments....but it is difficult to comprehend the traffic situation on out from Sydney on the Friday morning and return Sunday mid day/afternoon.
      Thanks for any comments /suggestions
      Best Regards
      Hong Kong

4 Answers Oct 11, 2014 at 12:14 AM
    • emilchan's Profile Photo

Three 50 years old highschool exclassmats planning a reunion trip to Australia from Hong Kong

by emilchan Online Now Mar 1, 2014 at 7:57 PM

We are looking for a simple cabin/cottage in the bushes of Blue Mountains area to stay. We shall only stay there for 2 nights from 10 Apr as family members are joining us. Any recommendation?

7 Answers Mar 2, 2014 at 8:55 PM
    • Can anyone suggest a great one day itinerary for the Blue Mountains?

by reetrah Online Now May 6, 2010 at 4:01 AM

Hi there,
      I am planning a trip to drive to the Blue Mountains for the day. I definitely want to see the Three Sisters, include the Scenic Skyway, do some walking, and hopefully find an area with a bbq for some lunch? Any suggestions that you may have would be great!

5 Answers May 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM