change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Gap Year options

New Zealand Sep 18, 2016 at 11:26 AM

Hi. My name is Bobby.

I am a matriculant and dont know what to do next year.

I am keen on adventure and travel and would like to go overseas and work in some part of the adventure and outdoor industry. Any advice on where to get started?

more
    • Best things to do

Coromandel Sep 11, 2016 at 11:17 PM

Hi, What is the best areas/destinations in the Coromandel Pensinsular for a couple of ex kiwis to drive to over Christmas period? Like running, bushwalking and fine cafes, local produce/crafts. Thanks. Joanne

more
    • North Island accommodations

New Zealand Sep 24, 2016 at 11:25 AM

Hi, we are a youngish couple in our sixties from the US and are planning a NZ trip ( Nov 1 -16). Would we need reservations at the towns around the island or can we wing it ? (Which is our preferred m.o.) We are planning to rent a car and see where the roads take us. Do I need to make reservations at any of the major attractions, like the caves ? And what is the best way to have phone and internet service ? Thanks in advance!

more
    • graphicscorpio's Profile Photo

How to divide time between Nelson, Wellington, Auckland?

New Zealand Sep 22, 2016 at 10:04 PM

We have 10 nights/10 days in January to divide up between Neslon, Wellington and Auckland? Would love any advice on how many nights to stay in each of these 3 towns assuming that we will arrive in each place in the early afternoon. (Starting in Neslon, then taking ferry to Wellington, then flying to Auckland. Because of the track we will be in Nelson first.)

We are an active couple, enjoy the outdoors (we will be doing the Abel Tasman track starting and finishing in Nelson), bike riding, swimming, hiking/walking. We enjoy art galleries, local art, wine tasting, coffee shops and soaking up the local culture. We are not planning on having a car in any of these places. To proceed with booking lodging we need to decide how long to stay in each of these places. We will have already been to Christchurch and Queenstown (Milford Track).

How many days/nights would you suggest we stay in each place?

Also any recommendations on what not to miss would be welcome.
      Thoughts...recommendations...what not to miss. Thank you!

more
    • MacedonianUK's Profile Photo

Suggestions for two week tour with 10yr old

New Zealand Sep 13, 2016 at 2:07 AM

Hi peeps!
      I Am visiting NZ and will be based in the outskirts of NW Auckland, as I am travelling with 10 yr old girl & I was wondering can you suggest something which 10 yr old can enjoy.
      Hobitton is on our list as is Ratarora, we going to have a car and I am not scared driving long distances but I would like to keep to the North Island. We are travelling in early April so thats Autmn down under.
      Any chance we can take swims or water will be too cold?
      Any info highly appricited.
      Many thanks

more
    • Help please with time allocation for North and South Island visit

New Zealand Sep 23, 2016 at 8:27 PM

We have 33 days available, want to see places without stressing out too much. Could members please give some feedback about the time allocation for each segment, and if driving times between the segments are doable ? Never having been there, it is hard to prioritize as to which areas to visit and which to ignore, and how much time to spend where. Flying into Auckland and departing from Christchurch.

2 days Auckland
      1 day travel to Bay of Islands
      5 days Bay of Islands, visit area between Kerikeri to Whangarei
      1 day travel to Coromandel area ( will this work time wise? )
      4 days visit area between Whitianga and Whangamata
      1 day travel to Roturua & Taupo area (or should we travel to Tauranga and make day trips from there to Roturua and Taupo ? )
      3 days visit Roturua & Taupo
      1 day travel to Hawke Bay area
      3 days visit Hawke Bay area, wineries etc.
      1 day travel to and overnight around Wellington
      1 day ferry cross over to South Island and head towards Tasman Bay area
      3 days visit area between Nelson and Takaka
      1 day travel to Blenheim area
      2 days visit from Blenheim to Kaikoura
      1 day travel to Banks Peninsula (to Akaroa ? Lyttleton ? )
      2 days Banks Peninsula
      1 day travel to a hotel near Christchurch airport for early morning departure

more
    • price of ferry crossing and car rental

New Zealand Sep 1, 2016 at 8:36 PM

We are planning to rent a car for visiting both the North and the South island. I checked various car rental companies . Some such as apexrentals include the ferry crossing in their car rental price, most others don't. In order to have a fair comparison, I was trying to find out how much the ferry crossing for a car and the 2 of us would be. I find figures for car, and for passengers. A ferry ticked for a small car was quoted around $232.-, I believe this would be one way? But I could not find out if this will include our passage, or if we have to buy two tickets for each of us as well ?

Please help.

more