VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Bix

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Origate's Profile Photo

Shipping PC

Derry/Londonderry Jan 27, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Hi guys, I'm heading to Londonderry for a 2 months. As I'm programmer working remotely i will have to bring my PC with me. As I'm in Czech Republic right now taking it on the plane is not an option. Do you have any idea how to ship it safely and in possible cheapest way?

more
    • HDHansen's Profile Photo

Advice for baggage and accommodation on The Thames Path and The Cotswold Way.

England Jan 30, 2017 at 6:57 AM

I'm looking for any advice on finding places to stay and/or companies that move baggage/set up accommodations. Thanks.

more
    • GrumpyL5's Profile Photo

Good bye and thanks

Liverpool 2 hours ago

Good bye to everyone on VT, and thanks for all the advice and ideas over the years.

more
    • Warmest place in/near Europe nearest to UK within 3 hrs flight?

London Feb 6, 2017 at 7:51 AM

Is it South of Portugal, Spain, Greece ,Cyprus, Turkey or someplace else?

more
    • MAMVECTRA's Profile Photo

Family travelers with children

United Kingdom Feb 23, 2017 at 4:54 PM

Hi !

We are a spanish family of travelers. My wife, son and me.

I am trying to teach english to my son 7 years old. We shared our home with a babysitter and now he understands lot of english and he tries to speak it.

I am asking myself how go on teaching it.
      One idea is to travel to UK
      Or to share our holidays with an english spoken family in UK, Spain or other country.
      Or other family to exchange our language and culture.

Whatever idea will be great...

Where I could find families with children to enjoy the holidays.??
      We use to travel in July.

more
    • Accommodation at Newmarket

Newmarket Feb 18, 2017 at 5:24 AM

Hello,

I am currently searching for cheapest hotels/hostels/motels/guest houses in Newmarket. Our accommodation would be 2 nights, from May 5th to May 7th. The rating and stars do not matter. Could you please help us find something like that?

Thank you for your help!

more
    • Gatwick to London plane due in 21.45

Gatwick Feb 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM

Hi, Can someone please help me as this is doing my head in! We land at Gatwick at 21.45 and need to travel to York. What is the best way to go about this? Get into London and stay overnight in a cheap hotel close to Kings Cross and then set off the next morning. I take it the trains run around the clock, not knowing how long we may be held up in Immigration etc.

Thanks in advance.
      Alexandra

more
    • Mobile Phone Carrier?

Scotland Jan 27, 2017 at 9:26 PM

We plan to purchase our first smart phones before visiting Scotland in June. Are their providers you would recommend and/or any we should avoid? We'll mostly be in Edinburgh and the Highlands.

(The more I learn, the more excited I become in anticipation of this trip.)

How sad that this site is closing! The Scotland page has been so welcoming and helpful! Many thanks to all who've responded to my questions.

more
    • MAMVECTRA's Profile Photo

Family travelers with children

United Kingdom Feb 23, 2017 at 4:54 PM

Hi !

We are a spanish family of travelers. My wife, son and me.

I am trying to teach english to my son 7 years old. We shared our home with a babysitter and now he understands lot of english and he tries to speak it.

I am asking myself how go on teaching it.
      One idea is to travel to UK
      Or to share our holidays with an english spoken family in UK, Spain or other country.
      Or other family to exchange our language and culture.

Whatever idea will be great...

Where I could find families with children to enjoy the holidays.??
      We use to travel in July.

more
    • Not much lodging available due to bank holiday.

Edinburgh Feb 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM

We are flying in to EDI for the start of a 3-week driving trip around Scotland. We arrive on Thursday 5/27 and will stay near the airport for 1 night (we arrive late in the evening). We thought we would then spend 3 more nights in a B and B in central Edinburgh. However, due to the bank holiday, many of the places where we would like to stay aren't available. So, instead of touring Edinburgh first, we thought we would head out of town and see some other sights/cities first and see Edinburgh at the the end our middle of our stay. Any suggestion of where we should go first since Edinburgh will be crowded? Thank you, Cynthia Burbank, CA

more