Re: My Blind Date with Sri Lanka
1. There are few direct buses from Katunayake to Matara. These buses pass through Bentota. Otherwise it's bus 187 from Katunayake to Colombo and then bus 400 to Aluthgama (or any bus - 2, 32, 60 - going further south). Rough cost per person: AC bus LKR 200, non AC bus LKR 120.
2. Buses are running all night, bus less frequent than during daytime.
3. Hardly. Count on minimum double that amount. When I checked about 6 months ago: Goldi Guesthouse/Hotel Ocean Breeze (just behind Taj Exotica) - not a nice place - was Double room BB Non-AC LKR 2,500 - AC LKR 3,500. Southern Palm Villa Hotel (just behind Taj Exotica) was Double room BB AC LKR 4,000. Hotel Susanthas (next to Bentota Railway station) was Double room BB from LKR 3,900 + 10% Service Charge.
5. Bambalapitiya - Kollupitiya - Fort.
6. Depends on what kind of shopping like to do. Clubbing in Colombo is not cheap.
Be the first to rate this answer!Was this helpful?