Belize

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Rock climbing? And places locals go

Belize City Jun 23, 2016 at 5:17 AM

Hi, im a crew member on a cruise ship that'll be docking in belize city every week. I just want to know where the best places are locals go for food and entertainment? Also, if anyone knows of any rock climbing places? Thanks in advance

2 Answers Jun 23, 2016 at 6:58 AM
    • Mangorves from boat

Caye Caulker Jun 21, 2016 at 3:42 PM

If I were to take the ferry to Caye Caulker, would I see mangroves

1 Answer Jun 22, 2016 at 2:48 AM
    • moving to Belize

Belize City Apr 12, 2016 at 10:10 PM

What Island is good to move to?

11 Answers Apr 13, 2016 at 9:59 AM
    • panapollo's Profile Photo

San Ignacio

Belize Mar 11, 2016 at 8:10 PM

I have been told enough times to know when I am wrong. So I will accept the suggestions and stay a couple months before I make a move to Belize. I was told that a central place to stay would be San Ignacio. I would like to have some information on the town IE: size, people, transportation, rent rates for a few months or longer. Heck I just might like it so much who wants to go home. :)

4 Answers Mar 14, 2016 at 7:14 AM

Tips: What is the policy

Belize Mar 9, 2016 at 7:33 AM

What is the tipping policy in Belize? Do you tip everyone who helps you? How much is customary to tip?

2 Answers Mar 9, 2016 at 8:57 AM

Any Expats in Belize

Belize City Mar 5, 2016 at 2:58 PM

Any Expats in Belize that is willing to help a newcomer? I am going to visit Belize in May with a planned move in the spring of 2017. You can of course reach me here.

19 Answers Mar 8, 2016 at 5:46 PM
    • partyof5M's Profile Photo

Car rental at airport

Belize Jan 11, 2016 at 1:15 PM

Can anyone recommend a good car rental agency at the main airport? I found AQ, Crystal, Jabiru, and then a few other mainstream like Budget and Hertz but they are way more expensive than local providers. Thoughts or comments from actual experience only, please. Thanks!

2 Answers Jan 24, 2016 at 12:39 PM
    • partyof5M's Profile Photo

Best days to avoid Cruise Ship passengers on tours?

Belize Jan 7, 2016 at 10:45 AM

We are going to Belize in June. We want to go cave tubing/zip lining but we've heard that the crowds get bad with the cruise ship tours. Are there any days that the Cruise ships are not in port and crowds would be less?

4 Answers Jan 10, 2016 at 6:28 AM
    • lordgarner's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Belize Nov 30, 2015 at 9:40 AM

My wife and I are retired and are proposing to visit Belize in January 2016 for about a month to determine if it is the place for us for future UK winter holiday escapes.
      Firstly is January a good month to visit, should we stay a week in four different locations for instance or stay in one place and rent a car to visit other places and can anyone recommend accommodation.
      What should we know about Belize. We are seasoned travelers, so enjoy visiting new countries.
      Thanks in advance

5 Answers Dec 5, 2015 at 12:07 PM
    • sjukich's Profile Photo

Travel ideas with a 1 year old

Belize Nov 11, 2015 at 3:23 PM

My wife and I are 30 and 28 and have had our fair share of travels. We have explored Central America, Fiji, the Caribbean and Hawaii. We love to do anything outdoors and are divers. Our all time favorite trip was that of Belize, great culture, nice waters, amazing hikes, and great food. We tend to do Hawaii once or twice and year and love it there. In fact we love it so much that our son has a Hawaiian middle name and he has already been there at the age of 4 months. As much as we love Hawaii, I would like to experience another "outside the box" trip before we have our next one. We will most likely be traveling sometime between next May and next August. I just need help coming up with ideas. I'm looking for a place that will entertain my wife and I but is still easy to take my son there. Obviously someplace safe, as I've already had to experience hospitals in other countries and I'd prefer my son not but at least know if we had to then it would be ok! Any help would be awesome, and feel free to ask questions. Thanks!

2 Answers Nov 11, 2015 at 9:17 PM
    • Anywhere to buy ocean/pool floaty toys?

Belize Nov 7, 2015 at 2:48 PM

Sailing for a few days out of Placencia with some friends - we were hoping to get our hands on some relaxing floaty toys to lounge around in during the trip. They're too big and heavy to fly with - anyone know of a place somewhere between Belize City and Placencia that we can buy these (sports store, ocean or boating supply, toy store, large supermarket, etc)? And maybe a decent hammock?

1 Answer Nov 7, 2015 at 3:56 PM
    • go from airport to motel

Belize City Oct 24, 2015 at 7:07 AM

is there taxi service at san pedro airport? if so what is rates?

2 Answers Oct 26, 2015 at 6:32 AM
    • prices please...

Placencia Village Aug 21, 2015 at 12:20 PM

Would like to know what a case of Belikin beer costs and also a pack/carton or their cheapest cigarettes. Thank you for any info. Kerry

1 Answer Aug 23, 2015 at 6:45 AM
    • Bus From BZE To Orange Walk

Belize Jun 18, 2015 at 10:44 AM

Is it easy enough to flag down a bus on the main highway outside the airport that will take me to Orange Walk Town?

2 Answers Jun 20, 2015 at 3:11 PM
    • What would be the best city to stay in Belize?

San Ignacio May 20, 2015 at 7:30 AM

My friend and i are planning to travel to Belize. We are in our early 30's. We definitely want to hike, go to jungles and also towards the end of our trip we want to relax at the beach. We do not want to do an all inclusive package because we want to venture out into town and check out their food, entertainment/nightlife, cafes and bars. So we would like to get our insight on which town is best to stay in considering what i mentioned.

Also, we were contemplating on staying in Ka'ana Resort, a resort a 10 min drive from San Ignacio BUT there arent any beaches by there and we would have to take a short plane ride or drive two hours.

8 Answers May 23, 2015 at 7:13 AM
    • transportation in Corozal

Corozal District Apr 15, 2015 at 5:54 AM

Thinking about spending a month in Corozal. What do we do for tranportation? Rent a car? If so where is the best place to rent a car

2 Answers Apr 17, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    • Culture and nitelife in Belize City ?

Belize City Mar 31, 2015 at 9:17 AM

Suggested locations, downtown Belize City, that exemplify local life ?

5 Answers Apr 2, 2015 at 8:13 AM
    • MissParamin's Profile Photo

Belize City to Flores

Belize City Dec 16, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi Everyone, Please could you help. My husband and I are looking for the best way (apart from flying) to get from Belize City to Flores by bus. I am interested to hear about your experiences and any advice you can offer. Is there a best option of the buses. I have been reading about the Linea Dorada and think this may be a good option for us. I look forward to your responses. Regards

5 Answers Dec 18, 2014 at 4:28 AM
    • MissParamin's Profile Photo

New Year's 2015

Caye Caulker Dec 16, 2014 at 2:51 AM

Hi all,

My husband and I will be spending our New Year's in Belize's Caye Caulker and was wondering what New Year's Eve/Day is like there. Would there be many events to attend on the night also can anyone recommend a good restaurant for dinner? Is it best to perhaps book as I imagine it can be quite busy...

Any suggestions/recommendations will be most helpful.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer Dec 16, 2014 at 4:44 AM
    • Safety Concern

Caye Caulker Dec 1, 2014 at 12:26 PM

We have been thinking about going to Caye Faulker but after reading such scary reviews of things that happen there we are really concerned if we will be safe there. We are four ladies age 62. Should we stay away and go somewhere else? We really wanted to experience everyday carebbean life and not stay at some fancy all inclusive place
      Thank you for any help
      Brenda

5 Answers Dec 2, 2014 at 11:16 AM
    • camping trailer or fifth wheel trailer

Stann Creek District Oct 27, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I'm looking for a camping trailer or a fifth wheel trai1er for rent in March-April 2015

4 Answers Oct 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM
    • Safety in Caye Caulker

Caye Caulker Oct 17, 2014 at 8:05 AM

We plan on coming to Caye Caulker in March with our two daughters 10 and 12. Is it safe for children?

4 Answers Oct 17, 2014 at 4:56 PM
    • Corozal Living

Belize City Sep 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM

Is there an active blog or newsletter for people currently living in Corozal? We are interested in knowing what daily life is like in this community:
      what sorts of long-term rentals are available?
      how well do the expats and locals get along?

Thanks!
      Margo

8 Answers Sep 8, 2014 at 6:51 PM
    • first time with the family in san pedro. 2 kids 9 & 10 year old

San Pedro Aug 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM

What would you recomend if am in a really low budget and am trying to get some good seafood and swimming in the sea?

4 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 11:21 PM
    • two week itinerary

Belize Jul 27, 2014 at 10:12 AM

I am planning a trip for a timeframe within March to May 2015. I'm thinking of two weeks, 1 week on land and 1 week to charter a catamaran and play on the water. I've not been to Belize or the area, so the first question would be, would you recommend water or land first? Second question is about if you had two weeks and middle of road budget, any recommendations on itinerary, places to stay on land and guides to see the various sights on land? Thank you! Randy

4 Answers Jul 28, 2014 at 8:27 AM
    • water taxis

Belize Jul 25, 2014 at 12:38 PM

Are there water taxis from Corozal to San Pedro?

3 Answers Jul 29, 2014 at 7:19 AM
    • Belise doctors & hospitals

Belize City Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

how clean is the ocean water & how accesable to it?
      what about doctors % hospitals?

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 6:13 AM
    • Moving to Belize with a 13 year old

Belize Jun 25, 2014 at 3:34 PM

Kia Ora,

Can you tell me what Belizean 13 year olds are into? Music/Books/Activities/Fashion/Language/Idols/

What does a typical bedroom/house look like?

Are most poverty stricken or they middle class?

What do they do everyday? School then? or do they even go to school? Do they labor?

This information will be really helpful and the truth will win me over.

Warm regards,

Jasmine Douglas

2 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 6:45 AM
    • What kind of tree is this?

Bullet Tree Falls Jun 22, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Went to Montezuma's Castle today and would like to know the name of the multi-colored trunk of this tree. Can you help?

Regards
      Pamela Patton

2 Answers Jun 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM
    • kitesurfing in belize, San Pedro

Belize Jun 2, 2014 at 11:55 PM

We are planning a kitesurfing holiday to San Pedro in a few weeks. I`ve just received information, that in San Pedro this yearoperates no kiteschool .
      Does anybody knows, is it allowed to kitesurf in San Pedro coastals, is there any beach where we can launch? Whis would be the best part of San Pedro for such a sport like this? Thanks a lot,

2 Answers Jun 8, 2014 at 6:47 PM