change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• LouiseTopp's Profile Photo

Sally Lunns

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:39 AM

Is this far from the railway station please?

more
    • London Reconstructing of Big Ben

London Nov 27, 2016 at 11:14 PM

Hi all,
      I will be heading to London for the first time in Feb 2017.
      News had mention that the reconstructing of Big Ben will start in early 2017. The last news available was in April 2017 about the works. I have also read the FAQ at the parliament website but they do not really have an indicative date.
      Read that scaffolding will take 4-6 months to build. Not sure if the view in Feb will be much effected. Saw google images of the tower with scaffolding and it's not a very pretty sight. :(
      Anyone knows of any news of the work schedule or any comments much appreciated.

more
    • taurean_traveller's Profile Photo

London Gatwick changes

London Nov 25, 2016 at 10:24 AM

I have posted this on the TRAVEL ALERTS section here on VT but don't know if there is any other place to post.

From the 25th January 2017
      These changes take place at London Gatwick
      British Airways will operate from South Terminal
      Easyjet and Virgin will operate from the North Terminal.

Found this when I tried to book parking at Gatwick's aiport and this warning came up.

Feel free to move to any appropriate section

more
    • Arriving Gatwick South to Bus terminal - how long?

Gatwick Nov 14, 2016 at 1:48 PM

Hi,

Any ideas how long it will take to get from gate on arrival to the bus station at the south terminal? Domestic flight with no checked luggage.

Could it be done in 25 min?

Thanks.

more
    • TERMINAL TRANSFER

Heathrow Nov 24, 2016 at 2:05 AM

I am travelling from Delhi to Terminal2 I have to get my complete luggage and then go to Terminal 3 for check IS this possible or I have to get visa

more
    • jcourtnellsmith's Profile Photo

Bus service

Carlisle Nov 22, 2016 at 12:06 AM

Is there a bus service from Court Square ( or nearby ) to The Sands Centre ( or near ). I can't seem to find what I'm looking for on the internet

more
    • Scotlandsdave's Profile Photo

New Years Eve

London Dec 6, 2016 at 3:04 PM

Hi there, I am travelling to London over the new year with my Girlfriend. We've left it a bit last minute but we're wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on how to spend NYE. Whether that be a dinner and dance, street party, and kind of event really to make it a memorable new year? All suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

more
    • Transferring from international flight at North Terminal to domestic flight at South Terminal

Gatwick Nov 14, 2016 at 4:44 PM

Hello, I am looking at booking a flight from Sydney, Australia to Newquay, Cornwall via Gatwick with 2 children and 3 checked-in bags (the children are 10&13 so can wheel their own luggage).

I have two connecting flight options with my Emirates flight, which lands at North Terminal at 7.20am:

1. Flybe from South Terminal at 9.30am
      2. Flybe from South Terminal at 1.35pm.

Common sense is saying hang around for the 1.35pm flight but that's a long time to sit at Costa, especially after a 23-hour journey & with two tired children ... Do you think (providing the plane lands on time) that I'd have a good chance of making the 9.30am flight or would it be just too much of a rush?

Thanks in advance

more
    • London gatwick layover time

Gatwick Nov 13, 2016 at 10:06 AM

Hi,
      I have booked a flight from zurich to london gatwick by easyjet, landing at 11 am at the north terminal. Have an onward journey to dubai by emirates at 1.30 pm from the same terminal. I have luggage to check in and will have to go through border. Will the layover time be sufficient?.Couldnt find any earlier flights to book!!

more
    • Leeds, Temple Newsam, where to stay

Leeds Nov 11, 2016 at 2:55 PM

I plan to drive from the Scottish Borders, stopping at Hadrian's Wall then to Leeds where I'd spend one night then visit Temple Newsam the following morning.

Can anyone recommend a pleasant b&b near TN?

Is Temple Newsam in the city, a suburb or rural area? I'd like to stay in a less populated area.

I haven't been able to learn much on the net. Is Wakefield convenient to TN?

Thanks!

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • wmeylia75's Profile Photo

What is the best prepaid sim card for travelers in London and Scotland

United Kingdom Dec 5, 2016 at 3:32 AM

I'm going to London and Scotland next week for 2 weeks, and I need the prepaid sim card that supported 3G/4G internet data, actually I need the most for data / internet. Does anyone can help me which one is the best prepaid sim card for internet data with good coverage during my stay in London and Scotland (Edinburgh, Hihgland and Isle of Skye)? Can I get it at the Heathrow airport or any recommended shop that I can buy for that prepaid sim card? Thanks.

more
    • HelenBird1's Profile Photo

Best restaurants in Nottingham, near City of Caves

Nottingham Dec 5, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Hi!
      I'm planning a trip to Nottingham where I will show my friends the sandstone beauty, the City of Caves. Since we may spend there a lot of time, I need some recommendations on good cafes/restaurants/pubs near this attraction to have a dinner at. Where would you go? =) The cuisine doesn't matter, but the distance does (it should be near the City of Caves). I've found a list of restaurants at alltheviews.com/restaurants-... but still can't decide on a place to visit. Is Ibérico World Tapas really great?

more
    • Is this a good place to celebrate birthday in London?

London Dec 5, 2016 at 4:23 AM

Hi all,
      I'm new here and I hope you can help me with advice:
      Being studying various restaurant comparing sites (Tripadvisor, Michelin, Alltheviews...), I decided to try out Ye Olde Mitre Yelp and Tripadvisor estimate it pretty high (as I can judge from alltheviews.com/Ye-Olde-Mitr...), but I want a real person opinionб who has been there recently. I forgot to mention the reason - why I'm choosing a place to go out: we want to celebrate my father's bithday and he likes bars a lot. So, we need one with a good atmosphere.

So, is Ye Olde Mitre a good place to go to for a celebration?

more
    • Oyster or contactless

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:39 AM

is there any advantage to buying the oyster cards or is using concatless cards just the same.

more
    • Best area to stay

London Nov 17, 2016 at 4:36 AM

Which area is the best location and most convenient to stay? Traveling with my husband and 8 year old! Want to be somewhat close to all the sightseeing! TIA!

more
    • brentdong's Profile Photo

Airside transit or visitor in transit visa or no visa requirement in heathrow airport?

Heathrow Dec 7, 2016 at 6:31 PM

Hi everybody, I am Brent, from Vietnam. Now Im living in Hungary and then I have resident permit of an EEA members (as Hungarian resident permit).
      In Jan 2017, my friend (Hungarian) and I (vietnamese, have an EEA resident permit) is going to travel to Vietnam by British Airways, in which we will transit in Heathrow Airport for about 5 hours. We are arriving to heathrow in terminal 3 and then departing in terminal 4. So please help us, in this case, do we need to apply for the airside transit visa or visiting in transit visa?

1. We have 2 ways ticket (go to vietnam and back to hungary)
      2. We are a Hungarian and Vietnamese (Have hungarian resident permit) and ofc valid passport and vietnamese visa.
      3. British airways has confirmed that our checked bags will be sent directly to the last destination.
      4. We have to change terminal in the Heathrow airport.

Thanks very much and best regard !!

more
    • Best transportation to Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor

London Dec 5, 2016 at 9:14 AM

I will be visiting London for 3 days in March. I would like to take a day to visit Stonehenge and Glastonbury Tor (both in the same day).

I saw there was a tour offered that included them both, but they are only on Fridays, and unfortunately I will not be there at that time.

What is the best way to travel from London to these two sites? Rail? Bus? Some other way?

Thank you for any information.

more

The Royal Crescent

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:12 AM

Hi is this museum easy to find from the railway station, also how much time does it take to get round?

more
    • Family attractions

London Nov 20, 2016 at 10:43 AM

I need to keep two young children and 3 young adults entertained.

I´ve book tussauds and the london eye. We are hoping to go to Winterwonderland and see Buckinhgam palace. Are there any must sees or child freindly activities.

more
    • Cheap accommodation near London

London Nov 24, 2016 at 11:47 AM

Hello! I'm travelling to London this Saturday, but I don't have a place to stay yet. I will be in London for 1 month and I was wondering if you recommend any location near London where it might be cheaper, or if you know of any Web page in which people offer rooms for short term accommodation. Thank you so much!

more
    • Flying.Scotsman's Profile Photo

Narrowboat Holidays on English canals.

England Dec 5, 2016 at 4:46 PM

Mrs Flying.Scotland and I are considering a one week canal boat holiday next August / September. We will both be 70, are reasonably fit, and want a trip that goes through small towns and villages with good canalside pubs and nice countryside too. Can anyone suggest what is their favourite canal trips and also any pointers for first time canal boaters. Thanks for any help you can give us. Bruce

more

Weatherspoons

Bath Nov 30, 2016 at 11:43 AM

Is there one in Bath please?

more
    • Luggage storage on departure day .

London Nov 21, 2016 at 7:50 PM

The accommodation we have booked dont have luggage storage facilities on our departure day. We check out at 10 and have a train booked for 4. I've checked at the train station and the cost is £87. ( 1 case and 6x Hand luggage) is this my only option? We were hoping to use our last day to visit winter wonderland .

more
    • visiting highclere castle from london

London Nov 18, 2016 at 2:11 PM

best way to get to HIghclere Castle from London. I was going to take a tour from London but they all include other stops for a full day. I'd just like to go to the castle and gardens. Any thoughts

more

Popular Belfast Travel Answer Locations

• Papim2's Profile Photo

Help for Northern Ireland

Belfast Jul 21, 2016 at 6:34 PM

Tourist , not loving those big city vibes and traffic....if you have been to Galway ,then would know of a city like that , not Belfast

2 Answers Jul 22, 2016 at 5:27 AM
    • globelgreg's Profile Photo

car rental , American license

Belfast May 14, 2016 at 8:53 PM

Can I rent a car in Belfast with only my American driving license?

15 Answers May 16, 2016 at 3:48 AM
    • How long till I can return to Ireland?

Belfast Mar 22, 2016 at 5:21 PM

I flew into Belfast to stay with my fiancé in Northern Ireland for 6 months, then flew home to the US out of Dublin as it was cheaper. I did not work while I was there but was supported my my fiancé and Dad. My fiancé is moving here to the US and I would like to fly back for 2 months to help him move. I've been home for 2 months. Will it be a problem getting back into Ireland through the Dublin airport as it's cheaper? Will customs frown on this kind of travel?

2 Answers Mar 23, 2016 at 2:15 AM
    • LevanaG's Profile Photo

Belfast 1 night stopover

Belfast Mar 15, 2016 at 7:00 PM

My husband and I have a stopover for a night in Belfast at the beginning of May.
      Arriving in Belfast at 9pm leaving at 11am.

1) What good area should we stay in to be able to walk around at night and be able to feel the city/have a good drink?
      2) What can we visit? (I've seen the Titanic museum is pretty popular but they're not opened that late...)
      3) Should we rent a car or would public transportation be more convenient?
      4) Do US citizens need a special Visa?

7 Answers Mar 17, 2016 at 5:59 AM
    • Travelling from Dublin to Belfast...passport control.

Belfast Sep 7, 2015 at 6:22 PM

Hi all, I will by flying into Dublin from Paris and continuing onwards to Belfast via bus/coach to the City Center, what is the requirements for passport control once in Northern Ireland/UK. Do I need to have my passport stamped (Australian passport) thanks very much, Lenny

8 Answers Sep 7, 2015 at 10:53 PM
    • accomodations

Belfast Aug 23, 2015 at 6:03 PM

any inexpensive places to stay

2 Answers Aug 24, 2015 at 2:04 PM
    • Things to do at Belfast Port?

Belfast Jun 21, 2015 at 11:12 AM

Hi all -

I will be at Belfast Port for a day. Are there things to do within walking distance or should I travel out of the area?

Thanks for any responses.

Laura

4 Answers Jun 22, 2015 at 6:36 AM
    • Romagirly's Profile Photo

Giant Causeway

Belfast May 5, 2015 at 11:18 PM

Hi All, I am visiting Belfast on a Cruise Ship and would like to go to Giant Causeway under my own steam rather than an excursion. I have about 6 hours. Is this doable and if so advice please.Tia.

9 Answers May 6, 2015 at 2:56 PM
    • louiseks's Profile Photo

Tours and Public transport to visit sites of Games of Thrones

Belfast May 1, 2015 at 12:14 AM

Hi, we will visit Belfast to find sites of Games of Thrones from june 4 to june 7.
      I found some interesting tours : gameofthrones-winterfelltour...
      to visit the area around winterfell. I could not find any going up north l to Cairncastle ,Shillanavogy Valley to Cushendall and BallyCastle. Are there any daytrips or tours or will it be posible to visit these places by public transport??

Thanks very much for your answers. Louise

• nj0110's Profile Photo

Belfast city center to belfast port

Belfast Apr 30, 2015 at 6:20 AM

Hi,

Can anyone please suggest for ways to reach belfast port from belfast city centres early in the morning at 6:00 AM please.

5 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 8:02 AM
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

Belfast day tour

Belfast Apr 29, 2015 at 5:00 AM

Has anyone taken the hop on hop off belfast tour. I have an option of either walking the destinations/taking a metro bus day card/hop on hop off. Which one do you think is a better choice? Thanks in advance.

2 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 12:02 PM
    • RebeccaToo's Profile Photo

Trusted travel agencies in Belfast? Want to hear about your own experience.

Belfast Apr 24, 2015 at 2:53 AM

This summer we plan to make a trip to Europe. So, we’re looking for the not too expensive travel agency in Belfast. I’d like to hear about your own experience. Thanks.

5 Answers Apr 29, 2015 at 7:18 AM
    • nj0110's Profile Photo

2 days in Belfast

Belfast Apr 14, 2015 at 5:37 AM

Hi,

I am visiting belfast during may. I am planning to take giant's causeway tour for one day and other day just going around belfast with the hop on hop off city tour.

giants-causeway-tours.com/gi...

Please let me know if this is the right plan or any other suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

6 Answers Nov 19, 2015 at 8:46 AM
    • Titanic experience

Belfast Apr 6, 2015 at 1:53 AM

In blunt terms is the Titanic Experience worth it - I know that this is a subjective question and is there parking nearby. How long should I allow for the visit. What exactly is involved with the boat trip. The website leaves a lot to be desired. So often these historical attractions are not worth their money - being on a tight budget would the money be better spent on a pub meal?

Many thanx

2 Answers Apr 6, 2015 at 9:14 AM
    • Transport from Belfast Ferry Terminal to Belfast City Harbour Airport - Hertz Pickup Office

Belfast Mar 11, 2015 at 6:19 PM

1. How far from the Belfast Ferry Terminal to the Belfast City Harbour Airport?

2. If the Ciarnryan ferry arrives at Belfast Ferry Terminal at 1:45pm on a Wednesday, can i expect to get to the Hertz Rental Car Office at the Belfast City Harbour Airport by 3pm?

2 Answers Mar 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM
    • afternoon tea in belfast

Belfast Dec 2, 2014 at 12:08 PM

where is best for afternoon tea please

8 Answers Dec 3, 2014 at 12:22 AM
    • Travelling by flight from Belfast to London need UK visa?

Belfast Sep 24, 2014 at 11:09 AM

I want to travel to London from Belfast. I hold Irish passport so I do not need visa to UK. But my parents are planning to travel with me too. They hold Non-EU passport. My parents are currently with me in Ireland. We plan to travel to London from Belfast to avoid passport control. Does anyone knows is there passport control or check travelling from Belfast to London and vice-versa?

Thanks.

18 Answers Sep 25, 2014 at 11:49 AM
    • raykey's Profile Photo

Murals in Belfast City

Belfast Aug 6, 2014 at 12:00 PM

I would like to visit Belfast for the first time this year to see the murals that adorn the city.

Is there any kind V.T. member who would show me round for one day only.

Many thanks.

Raykey.

4 Answers Aug 6, 2014 at 2:49 PM
    • Car parking

Belfast Jul 26, 2014 at 11:04 AM

is on street parking in Belfast free on a sunday

3 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 4:28 PM
    • yooperprof's Profile Photo

Coffee in Central Belfast?

Belfast Jun 21, 2014 at 6:07 AM

Any recommendations for high quality coffee shops (non chain) in the central city area? Thanks!

1 Answer Sep 7, 2014 at 2:51 PM
    • lizdem's Profile Photo

first time visiting Belfast

Belfast May 7, 2014 at 12:43 AM

I want to visit Belfast for a few days for my birthday from 1st June-5th June. Is it safe to visit at the moment ?

2 Answers May 7, 2014 at 3:14 AM
    • the_dutchman's Profile Photo

B&B in Belfast

Belfast Apr 18, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Any suggestion for a decent hotel or B&B in Central Belfast around June 20th? It should be for two persons (my wife and myself) and should have a private bathroom. Help me out please. Thank you,
      Gerry The-Dutchman

6 Answers Apr 19, 2014 at 12:35 AM
    • daytrips from belfast

Belfast Feb 4, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Im visiting Belfast from Saturday to Tuesday at Easter and would like suggestions for a day trip on the Sunday. I will be spending Saturday in Belfast and on Monday I am visiting Dublin. I have visited Giants Causeway on a previous trip so any other suggestions are most welcome.

4 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    • AaronJ's Profile Photo

ferry travel between Belfast and liverpool

Belfast Jan 22, 2014 at 6:31 AM

Are there passport controls on this route? I have a UK driver licence but have just sent my passport in to get renewed and need to be in Liverpool tomorrow...should I go without my passport?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • Black Cab Tours

Belfast Jul 31, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Hi,

So I want to learn more about the poltical history and I know there are a bunch of tour companies out there. But I would prefer to use someone local rather than a big company. Anyone have suggestions?

David

6 Answers Aug 1, 2013 at 10:01 AM
    • Visa requirement

Belfast Jul 3, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Do i require a visa to visit if i am travelling to and fro in my own vechicle instead of staying in belfast

4 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 5:56 PM
    • anonxxx's Profile Photo

antrim coast road by public transport

Belfast Dec 17, 2012 at 5:54 AM

hello
      I want to travel from Belfast via the Antrim coast road to Portrush in March 2013; can anybody tell me how to do this by public transport (bus or train) and where to find the right information on the internet?

5 Answers Dec 18, 2012 at 12:46 AM
    • moirholj's Profile Photo

Titanic Sites: Pay for tours, or go your own way?

Belfast Oct 24, 2012 at 9:45 AM

Hello,

I will be visiting Belfast and was wondering if I can access the Titanic Quarter area, and Thompson Dry Dock on my own. It is possible to just walk about and have a look, or do I need to join a paid/official tour group of some kind like this (titanicsdock.com/?page_id=13...? Thanks!
      Holly

3 Answers Nov 3, 2012 at 11:52 AM
    • DebbieM31's Profile Photo

1 day in Belfast

Belfast Aug 14, 2012 at 12:40 AM

Hello
      We will be sailing on the Stena Line arriving 6:30AM on Saturday September 15 from Liverpool We will be catching the 6:10 PM train to Dublin. We would really like to do the following things but I'm not sure how to get everywhere.
      1. What can we do at 6:30 AM in Belfast? Maybe St George's Market?
      2. Should we keep out luggage at the train station we depart from for Dublin? Any other options?
      3. We would like to see Ulster Folk Park, Transport Museum and the Titanic displays. As well as The dock & pump house.
      4. We would like to see the political Murals Black taxi tour?
      5. a little shopping and a good breakfast and lunch
      We have just the day and I would like to make the most of it. I'm not sure if we should do the hop on/off bus that seemed to go to a lot of places (could not figure out if it went to the Ulster American Folk Park, it didn't seem to) Is this doable? Any idea suggestions would be most welcome! Especially transportation ideas!

3 Answers Aug 16, 2012 at 5:07 AM
    • Haleyscomet's Profile Photo

University of Ulster/ Belfast

Belfast Jun 16, 2012 at 10:33 PM

Hello there!

I was just wondering anyone's thoughts on the University of Ulster and Belfast as a place to study abroad. I've seen many posts on visiting, but wondered if people had different opinions when it comes to staying there and to be even more specific, studying at the University of Ulster.

Any and all opinions/advice is welcome!

-Haley

4 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 1:48 AM