change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Near Beijing

• How to get to Simatai from the Centre of Beijing

by Dmitrov Online Now Jul 26, 2016 at 7:18 AM

Hello, I have an upcoming trip to Beijing in a couple of weeks and I would like to know how to get to Simatai from the centre of Beijing. I have never been there so I would like to have all the details you can give me. It can be by train, bus, anything, I just need it to be detailed, because I do not want to get lost in Beijing :) Also I have read that people can sleep there by locals, can someone confirm this information? Thank you, looking forward to your answers.
      If there are some locals from Beijing here, I will be happy to meet you there if you are interested in exchanging cultural experiences and meeting new people (I am from Dresden, Germany, btw) 

3 Answers Oct 25, 2016 at 2:46 PM
    • Cheapest way to get to Shanghai from Beijing

by Dmitrov Online Now Jul 11, 2016 at 4:44 AM

Hello, I have an upcoming trip to Beijing next month (from 8. August to 15. August), and I want to visit Shanghai aswell. What is the cheapest way to get there? Night trains cost 47$. Is there any cheaper way?
      Also on the 9. August we are going to celebrate a birthday. Are there any events (cultural, festivals, etc.) in Beijing or Shanghai on this day?
      Thank you!

2 Answers Jul 13, 2016 at 8:16 PM
    • train ticket payment at station.

by Ramliw Online Now Mar 9, 2016 at 4:18 AM

What payment is accepted at train station or local ticket agency? Cash, visa, MasterCard?

3 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 5:38 PM
    • Layover in Beijing

by Romain007z Online Now Feb 23, 2016 at 2:08 AM

Hello everyone!
      I'm going to Singapore in March. Looking at the flight possibilities I was thinking about one with a 11hour layover in Beijing (Beijing Capital International Airport, Terminal 3).

The flight would arrive at 12.35PM and leave at midnight, on a Saturday (March the 19th)

Apparently I wouldn't need a VISA since I'm French and my transit is shorter than 72hours. I've seen on the internet I just needed to say to the airline I wanted to get out the airport when checking-in. Do you know if there's anything else to do?

Also, do you think 11 hours would be enough to get out, have a look at the city. If so, what itinerary would you recommend to see as much as Beijing as possible?

Looking forward to having your thoughts, Romain

10 Answers Feb 24, 2016 at 2:11 AM
    • Anyone up for booking a cheap tour 22nd March/ 12th April?

by Matt__C Online Now Feb 18, 2016 at 5:53 AM

This is a long shot, but I've got a 14 hour layover in Beijing on my way to visit some friends in Australia, and a 9 hour one on the way back. I'm keen to do something with that time and, ideally, I'd like to book a private tour - mostly so I don't have to worry about getting back in time for my flight.

Problem is, they're all prohibitively expensive for one person, but the price reduces exponentially with more people. Thought I'd post here in the off chance anyone is in a similar situation! Here's the list of potential trips, I'm mostly interested in either one of the first three or the fourth one: beijing-airport-transportati...

Here are the times I'm in Beijing for.

22nd March____ 11:50 - 01:05
      12th April_______05:30 - 14:10

Also, if anyone happens to know of a site that's specifically for arranging stuff like this I'd really appreciate you pointing me that way.

Cheers, Matt C

7 Answers Feb 18, 2016 at 9:25 PM
    • a trip to Longqingxia &. Mutianyu

by iris2304 Online Now Feb 3, 2016 at 2:51 AM

Hi everyone;
      I try to plan our family trip to china. Our last days of the trip will be in Beijing.
      Except for the sites in Beijing we would like to visit Longqingxia &. Mutianyu great wall.
      If understand from the map; there are something like 2.5 hours driving distance between those two places.
      I thought that instead of going back to Beijing we should combine them with the same trip.
      Option 1 - To get up early in the morning; & to take a driver that will take us to the both of places at the same day.
      Option 2 - to take the public transportation; & then to stay at night in the area; & go to the other place at the second day.
      Because our youngest son is 3 years old I dont want a trip with too many hours on the road; so Iam not sure what to choose.
      Has anyone made such a trip & can advise me what is the best way to do it?

4 Answers Feb 5, 2016 at 4:00 AM
    • worksopian's Profile Photo

Safety in Beijing

by worksopian Online Now Jan 18, 2016 at 1:20 AM

How safe is Beijing for tourists?

Thanks for everyones help

Ian

15 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 5:42 PM
    • Limtited time transiting Beijing Airport

by geoffbarnes Online Now Jan 10, 2016 at 7:26 PM

I transited Beijing airport on my way from London to Bangkok with Air China and it took me nearly 2 hours to get to the departure gate because the airport requires passengers transiting the airport to take a channel that requires you to go out of air side and go through security again, despite have gone through security at Heathrow, this was due to the length of the queue for other passengers transiting the airport. On my return leg from Bangkok to London I have only a 1 hour lay over before my flight to London departs, so I am very concerned that I will not be able to make my flight.

Could anyone offer me any advice regarding this please?

10 Answers Jan 13, 2016 at 4:50 PM
    • tassaduqhussain51's Profile Photo

Cheapest method for return trip to Mutianyu

by tassaduqhussain51 Online Now Jan 7, 2016 at 8:35 AM

Can anybody guide about the cheapest way to have a visit to Mutianyu?

4 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 5:46 PM
    • SallyM's Profile Photo

Transport for airport to city centre

by SallyM Online Now Nov 28, 2015 at 12:20 AM

We arrive in Beijing ar 7.50 a.m. Bearing in mind that I'm not good after a long flight, what is the easiest way for two of us to get to the Novotel Xinqiao hotel, and how much will it cost? The tips in the travel guide seem quite old.

We have been to Beijing before, but that was in 2007 and the hotel transfer was included in our tour.

Thanks.

10 Answers Dec 27, 2015 at 2:25 PM
    • price of china

by GilD Online Now Nov 6, 2015 at 5:29 AM

What prices at KFC in China

5 Answers Jun 16, 2016 at 5:48 PM
    • Canadian to RMB exchamge

by IMCheapcharlie Online Now Oct 1, 2015 at 9:19 AM

Can anyone tell me their experience to exchange Canaduan $ to Chinese RMB? Is the daily rate converted like on www.xe.com? Do they charge commissions or a flat rate per transaction? Should I buy RMB before leaving Canada? On a busy tour with Sinorama Holidays so I won't have time to seek ATM and they say I can exchange in the hotels. Not sure of the conversion rate. Thanks for any ideas.

18 Answers Oct 3, 2015 at 12:03 AM
    • Things to do in Beijing for 6 year old boy

by JanetCronin Online Now Sep 16, 2015 at 6:26 PM

Would you recommend the following activities for a 6 year old machine- mad English speaking boy, visiting just for a few days - the aviation museum, sony explorascience? Also what age is Fundazzle geared to and would Aussie kids enjoy it ( 6 and 9) ?
      Thanks

6 Answers Nov 22, 2016 at 2:12 AM
    • LadyHawkau's Profile Photo

Australian Dollar

by LadyHawkau Online Now Aug 27, 2015 at 11:40 PM

Hi is there anyone over there or someone who has just been to China that can tell what the Australian dollar is worth in Yuan.

Thanks in advance
      Sue

12 Answers Sep 14, 2015 at 11:40 PM
    • JosueGonzalez's Profile Photo

My First China Trip

by JosueGonzalez Online Now Aug 26, 2015 at 6:33 PM

How would you spend a month in China being this your trip? (Ex.: 4 days in Beijing, 3 days in Shanghai, and so on.). Doing what activities and sites? Thanks and greetings from San Juan, Puerto Rico!

4 Answers Sep 21, 2015 at 3:40 PM
    • LadyHawkau's Profile Photo

Sim card for mobile phone

by LadyHawkau Online Now Aug 8, 2015 at 7:08 PM

HI everyone just wanted to know what's the best thing to do for mobile phones, should I by a travel sim from Australia before we depart or is it cheaper to get one in China. We will be travelling all around to different places within China starting in Beijing and ending in Shanghai and I want to be able to phone home a few times.

Thanks in advance.

7 Answers Aug 11, 2015 at 3:04 PM
    • aonceu's Profile Photo

Getting to and from Simatai

by aonceu Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 7:02 PM

I read about the 980 Express Bus from Dongzhimen to Miyun bus station and then the Miyun mini buses to Simatai so I planned my whole trip around that. Upon more research, I found that many people never found the mini buses and were pressured to pay for a 200-400 RMB taxi ride to Simatai and then another to get back.

Has anyone actually taken the mini bus and how long does it take? I plan on taking the 980 bus from Beijing around 0700 on a Friday, around what time can I expect to arrive in Simatai? Or will I be forced to pay 200+ RMB to get from Miyun to Simatai and will I have trouble getting back to Beijing the next day?

6 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 7:30 PM
    • Points of interest

by lica60804 Online Now Jul 1, 2015 at 11:03 AM

I'll be in Beijing next week for2 1/2 days . Can someone recommend points of interest?

3 Answers Jul 8, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    • OliviaPRibeiro's Profile Photo

Beijing Roast Duck

by OliviaPRibeiro Online Now Apr 28, 2015 at 8:02 AM

I'm looking for a genuine restaurant to eat the famous Roast Duck... but I'm trying to avoid the tourist ones... any thoughts?

7 Answers Apr 30, 2015 at 7:53 PM
    • michaellieptourists's Profile Photo

Can we tour without a guide.

by michaellieptourists Online Now Apr 3, 2015 at 8:30 PM

We are arranging a Beijing/Xian trip for June 15. Would we be safe or have language problems if we organised our own Hotels and Tours? Mike and Liep...

11 Answers May 4, 2015 at 6:00 AM
    • Sofu Boutique Hotel

by BeijingVisit Online Now Jan 16, 2015 at 10:50 AM

Does anyone have any experience with the Sofu Boutique Hotel, 85 Huguosi Street, Xicheng District, Beijing, 100035. We will visit in July 2015 with our two sons (18 & 12)

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 16, 2015 at 5:21 PM
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

10 hour layover tour

by lucyguajardo Online Now Jan 6, 2015 at 5:26 PM

I choose a flight with a 12 hour layover intentionally so I could take one of those layover tours in Beijing and visit the great wall of China..

I noticed the tours are "private" so they adapt to your needs.. i have couple of questions.. has anybody has done it and if so which company you used?
      will you consider the private tour to be safe for a female solo traveler?

thanks

6 Answers Jan 11, 2015 at 12:27 AM
    • Specific Shops

by Agulani Online Now Dec 3, 2014 at 9:29 PM

Hello, im looking for two kind of shops in Bejing
      1) MMA Equipment - any MMA specific shop or big sport shop where they can have the MMA stuff
      2)Car Performance shops - i believe there is a street where all the shops are located im looking for stuff tuning and mods for my car

Thanks

1 Answer Jun 14, 2016 at 2:40 PM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

Tour around

by sandeepgarg Online Now Oct 25, 2014 at 4:28 AM

My wife and me are in Beijing only for 1 day on the 4th of November. We are staying at Holiday inn Central Plaza (near the 2nd Ring Road west).

We would like to visit Mutianyu Great Wall, Tiannanmen Square, Forbidden City, Walking street and Silk Street etc.

How should we do all this? We can start early about 7 am also.

Should we take a taxi? Or just take the taxi for Mutianyu, Forbidden City etc. and then leave it at Walking street or Silk Street and make our own way back?

If Taxi, then how do I get it? Costing??

Thanks in advance!!

5 Answers Oct 26, 2014 at 7:30 AM
    • axwell's Profile Photo

China Transit Visa

by axwell Online Now Oct 14, 2014 at 6:25 AM

Travelling to Myanmar via Beijing and have 78 hours between flights can I get a Transit Visa or would I need to apply for Full Tourist visa? Thanks

4 Answers May 11, 2015 at 3:30 PM
    • sandeepgarg's Profile Photo

1 full day

by sandeepgarg Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 4:18 PM

My wife and me land at Beijing Capital Airport on 3rd Nov. at about 22.40 from Guangzhou. We fly out at 7.25 am on 5th Nov. to Shanghai.

WHERE should we stay? Near the airport or in the main city? Would prefer the city but not sure of the transportation at that time of the night.

How much time does it take and how convenient is it at that time to the city?

What all can we see in the 1 full day that we have there? We want to see the Great Wall, Tiananmen Square, the Forbidden City and if possible some more place like the Summer Palace, or the Panjiyuan flea market. And if also possible, some night life. Maybe too ambitious for 1 day?

thanks.

13 Answers Oct 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM
    • TravelTheWorld4's Profile Photo

Seeing the great Wall

by TravelTheWorld4 Online Now Sep 26, 2014 at 11:55 AM

I will be arriving in Beijing on March 28th 2015 and departing on April 2nd. I would like to spend 1 or 2 nights at a less touristy area with superior views of the great wall and is within walking distance to the great wall. Any ideas?

Also what other sites would you recommend? Should I consider staying in another city in China?

Thanks,

Steve

8 Answers Sep 27, 2014 at 10:43 AM
    • Quick Tour!

by dougers Online Now Sep 21, 2014 at 8:25 AM

I arrive in Beijing on 16th November. Prior to business week…any ideas for a quick tour of must sees on the Sunday? Are there any "flea markets" in Beijing?Thanks! Chris

1 Answer Sep 21, 2014 at 4:35 PM
    • MontagS's Profile Photo

Live and work in Beijing

by MontagS Online Now Sep 15, 2014 at 6:53 AM

Hi again!
      I am considering a job offer as a teacher of economics in beijing with 15000 rmb without tax and no appartement
      You think i could make it?
      Thanks in advance!
      maria

8 Answers Sep 28, 2014 at 10:11 PM
    • Where is the best place to buy pearls in china and in Beijing?

by bijanmh1342 Online Now Sep 14, 2014 at 7:40 AM

I means is there any place to trust on and shopping good and not fake pearls with reasonable prices? Can you please write addresses in Chinese words?
      Best wishes