VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Beddgelert

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Origate's Profile Photo

Shipping PC

Derry/Londonderry Jan 27, 2017 at 3:00 PM

Hi guys, I'm heading to Londonderry for a 2 months. As I'm programmer working remotely i will have to bring my PC with me. As I'm in Czech Republic right now taking it on the plane is not an option. Do you have any idea how to ship it safely and in possible cheapest way?

more
    • SallyM's Profile Photo

Accessible place for tea near Phoenix Theatre

London Jan 24, 2017 at 10:58 AM

I'm going to a Saturday matinee with my mother in law who is not very mobile. She would like to go for tea afterwards - any suggestions?

more
    • What is ideal location for hotel. Do I need to book.

Isle of Wight Jan 23, 2017 at 11:42 AM

We will be arriving on 1st July. We are only staying 2 nights with a car. Looking at the map would it be better to stay at Newport or Shanklin. We basically want to drive around the island and look at sights and shops etc.

Bing July should we book first or drive onto island and hopefully find accommodation that we would like. We are both in our sixties.

more
    • HDHansen's Profile Photo

Advice for baggage and accommodation on The Thames Path and The Cotswold Way.

England Jan 30, 2017 at 6:57 AM

I'm looking for any advice on finding places to stay and/or companies that move baggage/set up accommodations. Thanks.

more
    • Warmest place in/near Europe nearest to UK within 3 hrs flight?

London Feb 6, 2017 at 7:51 AM

Is it South of Portugal, Spain, Greece ,Cyprus, Turkey or someplace else?

more
    • Accommodation at Newmarket

Newmarket Feb 18, 2017 at 5:24 AM

Hello,

I am currently searching for cheapest hotels/hostels/motels/guest houses in Newmarket. Our accommodation would be 2 nights, from May 5th to May 7th. The rating and stars do not matter. Could you please help us find something like that?

Thank you for your help!

more
    • Gatwick to London plane due in 21.45

Gatwick Feb 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM

Hi, Can someone please help me as this is doing my head in! We land at Gatwick at 21.45 and need to travel to York. What is the best way to go about this? Get into London and stay overnight in a cheap hotel close to Kings Cross and then set off the next morning. I take it the trains run around the clock, not knowing how long we may be held up in Immigration etc.

Thanks in advance.
      Alexandra

more
    • Autumn9's Profile Photo

Kensington, London - places for lunch

London Jan 26, 2017 at 7:18 AM

I am visiting the V&A Museum with three friends. Can anyone recommend somewhere for a reasonably priced lunch, other than the museum itself. Two of us are vegetarian. Thanks.

more
    • MartinK35's Profile Photo

A Big "High Five".

United Kingdom Jan 25, 2017 at 8:30 AM

Yes I know this is not a travel question but I put it here deliberately. Please don't move it to miscellaneous as it's aimed specifically at all the people who follow or have helped out in the UK Travel forums.

Of the top 30 Travel Forum Gurus here on VT, 5 are from the UK. That's 1 in 6. For a relatively small nation far outnumbered by the rest of the world that's quite amazing.

Not withstanding all the other international members who have helped out with invaluable information about the United Kingdom. Well done and thank you everyone.

It's now time to delete the direct link to UK Visa rules in my browser, probably one of the most asked questions ever on VT and enjoy my virtual retirement.

A big "High Five" to everyone for making this the best travel forum in the world.

more
    • SallyM's Profile Photo

Accessible place for tea near Phoenix Theatre

London Jan 24, 2017 at 11:50 AM

I'm going to a Saturday matinee with my mother in law who is not very mobile. She would like to go for tea afterwards - any recommendations?

more
    • Mobile Phone Carrier?

Scotland Jan 27, 2017 at 9:26 PM

We plan to purchase our first smart phones before visiting Scotland in June. Are their providers you would recommend and/or any we should avoid? We'll mostly be in Edinburgh and the Highlands.

(The more I learn, the more excited I become in anticipation of this trip.)

How sad that this site is closing! The Scotland page has been so welcoming and helpful! Many thanks to all who've responded to my questions.

more
    • europe20146's Profile Photo

18 days. England, Scotland or Ireland?

United Kingdom Jan 23, 2017 at 3:49 PM

Hi. I'm planning to travel by myself on my 26th birthday in May. I want to spend approx 18 days to visit UK. I am not into big cities and more interested with beautiful relaxing scenery (castles, mountains, lakes). I am planning to fly into London and spend maybe 2-3 days just to see the big ben and other touristy area then off to somewhere relaxing. Do you think I can visit both Scotland and Ireland in this timeframe? If not, which of the two would you recommend in terms of beautiful scenery? Also, would it be better if I hire a car and drive or take public transportation? Thanks in advance! :)

more
    • Dog Friendly

by Digrace Online Now Jan 21, 2008 at 5:13 AM

Hiya, we are going camping in Beddgelert in March and we're taking our dog with us, can anybody tell us of any pubs near by that allow dogs in the bar area? Also we one of the nights we are going to try and get something to eat in the village, can anyone tell me somewhere we can grab a bite to eat with a dog if not is there a small fish and chip shop etc in the village. many thanks, Grace

1 Answer Feb 21, 2008 at 8:21 AM