VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Battambang Travel Answers

change location
aukjejetty's Profile Photo

khmer lessons

by aukjejetty Online Now Dec 30, 2003 at 1:43 AM

Hi, I will be going to Battambang in February, and I want to learn basic Khmer after my arrival so I can speak with the locals at least a little. Who knows of anyone in Battambang who can teach me a little of the Khmer language? Thank you all! Aukje

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • moaksan's Profile Photo

Re: khmer lessons

by moaksan Online Now Dec 31, 2003 at 1:49 AM

howdy. i learned some khmer from my moto guide in siem reap. i was lucky because his english was good and he had a really fun personality. i think that's your best bet. hopefully you can find a young girl working at one of the guesthouses in battambang and she can be your guide/teacher. good luck, and if you're goin to siem reap let me know and i'll give you my friends e-mail. cambodia is awesome, enjoy your trip! patrick

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • venyi's Profile Photo

Re: khmer lessons

by venyi Online Now Jan 15, 2004 at 6:20 AM

have you been back from Battambang? worthing visiting? It's in my plan as well, but still doubting!

• aukjejetty's Profile Photo

Re: Re: khmer lessons

by aukjejetty Online Now Jan 15, 2004 at 7:58 AM

Sorry Venyi, can't help you...I have never been to Battambang myself. There is also not too much writing on it on internet. A few VT-ers wrote about their trip to Battambang, they can tell you if it is worth it. So far, I learned how to count to 19...and I am still learning on my own.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Battambang