Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Xmas restaurants on a budget

Edinburgh Oct 17, 2016 at 9:12 AM

Are there any take away / fast food restaurants open in Edinburgh on Xmas day ?

• wmeylia75's Profile Photo

Should I bring my big luggage on my visit to Scotland from London?

Edinburgh Oct 16, 2016 at 3:03 AM

I'm from Indonesia and planning to visit Scotland from London this coming December 2016. My itinerary will be start in London on my first arrival, then on the 3rd day, I'm planning to go to Edinburgh by train for 5-6 days and I'm just wondering if is it possible to bring my big luggage about 24" and cabin luggage with me in the train to Edinburgh? or should I just leave the big luggage in the left luggage in London station? since this is my first visit to UK and Scotland, so it would be so appreciated if anyone can give us advise or suggestion for this matter. Thank you so much for your help.

• Dutch Grand father peatworker at Bathgate, Livingstone, California and Muiravonside from 1904 to1921

by Berkers Online Now Dec 26, 2013 at 7:46 AM

We are Dutch and our grandgrandfather was peatworker from 1904 till 1921 at Bathgate, Livingstone, California and Muiravonside. His name Antonius van de Kerkhof. We will visit this area. Can give somebody advise how we can find the adresses where he was living with his wife Maria Josepha Noijen and 10 children and maybe the name of the company where he was working, Thank you very very much emailadress

8 Answers Dec 28, 2013 at 12:42 AM
    • cab fare to edinburgh

by bbigmare Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 2:32 PM

Does anyone know how much a cab would be from South Queensferry to Bathgate?

2 Answers Apr 27, 2012 at 11:50 PM
    • Drumcross Cottage Bathgate UK

by bbigmare Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 1:25 PM

We are arriving in Edninburgh in May to bury my father's ashes in the family lair in Bathgate. I have his birth certificate. It states he was born in 1926 at Drumcross Cottage in Bathgate, Scotland. That's it. No number. I have googled Bathgate and see there is a Drumcross road. Anyone have any idea how I could find Drumcross Cottage? I was hoping to be able to drive to see where he was born and raised. My grandparents were also married at Drumcross Cottage.
      Thanks for any info.

7 Answers Apr 28, 2012 at 9:32 AM
    • how to get to Bathgate

by jacqustyle11 Online Now Dec 1, 2004 at 6:23 PM

Hello, I just moved here and live in city center of Edinburgh (near Princess st) How do I get to bathgate by bus. which buses can I take adn how long does it take. Thank you jacqui

2 Answers Dec 2, 2004 at 4:24 PM