VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Bath Travel Answers

change location

Cheap Accomodation and Travel...

by ABM84 Online Now Oct 17, 2004 at 7:47 AM

Hello VTers! Over Halloween weekend I am going to be in Bristol (Friday morning to Monday night). I'm planning on doing Bath and Stonehenge in the same day. I was going to operate this trip from Bristol but think it may be wiser to stay the night in Bath. So my two questions are: -Are there any good cheap hostels or hotels which can be reccomended? -And secondly, what is the easiest way to travel from Bath to Stonehenge? Thank you all very much, ~Andrew

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Kettleman's Profile Photo

RE: Cheap Accomodation and Travel...

by Kettleman Online Now Apr 11, 2005 at 5:23 AM

Saw your question and didn't see a year against it...! But thought I'd reply anyway!

The YHA in England and Wales has a really good youth hostel a short walk up from the town centre and it’s about £12.50 per night for an adult and £9 for children…

I’ve stayed there once before in a dorm and will stay again this weekend. There is limited parking on site if you go by a car, but if you cycle or motorcycle then there is lots of room.

yha.org.uk/hostel/hostelpage...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines