Basque Country

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Lakes in Almogia?

Almogía Oct 18, 2016 at 1:53 AM

We are staying in Almogia in July/August 2017 we would like to know if we are close to any lakes suitable for swimming. Thanks

• Altea from Alicante

Spain Oct 14, 2016 at 12:57 AM

Does anyone know the easiest way to transfer from Alicante railway station to Altea by public transport. there looks like there is a bus or a tram but I can't find the details of stops etc

• water park

L'Estartit Oct 12, 2016 at 9:51 AM

we are staying at the roma apartments september next year is there a water park near by please

• ma3333's Profile Photo

Pyrenees in october

Pyrenees Oct 4, 2016 at 2:40 PM

Next week I'll be heading to spain for a hiking trip. were planing to hike a 5 days trek on the gr 11 trail . I don't have much experience with hiking this time of the year, so perhaps some people here can help me answer some of the following questions:

- Are the winter rooms in the huts open? how do i contact the operators?
      - If so, what is provided in the winter rooms (matress, blankets?) and what is the procedure? Do I need to get a key, where and how do I need to pay? is there a fireplace or a posibilty of lighting fire inside the huts?
      - Does anybody know about the current conditions? Is there already a lot of snow (compared to other years)? What is a good place on the web to find out about local conditions?

Any further general tips from experienced people are always welcome. Many thanks in advance!

• Taxi from Murcia to La Manga

Murcia Sep 30, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Any ideas on how long it would take to get a taxi from Murcia Bus Station to La Manga - and how much it would cost?

• Busking, Las Palmas

Las Palmas de Gran Canaria Oct 15, 2016 at 4:12 AM

Do You know, is there allowed to busking like a human statue on Las Palmas de Gran Canaria (la playa de Las Canteras) and on the other cities on island. Does they requires licence?

Thanks for any help.

• Tips for Palma

Palma de Mallorca Oct 6, 2016 at 3:43 PM

Hello guys.
      My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Palma around end of October.
      We are in our mid 20's and found some really cheap tickets for 3 days in Palma.
      What would you recommend us to see, in which part to stay (cheap)?
      Looking forward to any tips, advices and answers.
      Thank you.

• Flamenco shops & Parking

Sevilla Oct 1, 2016 at 1:27 AM

Where is the nearest place on non-metered parking near the cathedral please - we parked a 20 minute walk on the outskirts of town by the metro down from the Alcatraz and saw one large church but not the cathedral and missed out on a lot of the barrie gothic

When we were walking down from the large church keeping straight we went into a large shop selling shawls and beautiful fans - they gave me a dark green carrier bag - my friend is into salsa/tango dancing and I would like to get some reasonably priced fans - any suggestions please

Really looking forward to going back to this lovely city - planning to go Mid Nov Many thanks

• dog friendly beaches / bars

Santander Sep 30, 2016 at 3:33 AM

I have never been to Santander or Spain I would like to go next September and would have to bring my pet dog via the ferry so would have a car I have found many places to stay so that's ok but what are the bars like with dogs and are the beaches dog friendly ?

• boasnovas's Profile Photo

Catalunya Oct 17, 2016 at 1:23 PM

I`ve been to Barcelona already, but never in winter time. We are going in Febuary to Barcelona for 6 days. Any suggestion in the city or maybe day trips that we could do by car? thanks

• One day in Barcelona. Nou Camp.

Barcelona Oct 13, 2016 at 3:42 PM

Hi All,

I am travelling this weekend to watch Barcelona FC match ( starts at 16:15 Local ). I am travelling with 11 year old son.
      My flight arrives in Barcelona at 09:50 and I need to go to BAH Barcelona Airport Hotel. Any idea how long will it take for me from this Hotel( which I suppose is very close to airport) to get to Nou Camp. Is there any time I should target to reach Nou Camp? I am not sure if I should go to Town centre spend around an hour or so ( eat food etc) and then head to Nou Camp.

Any advise is highly appreciated?

• Best public transportation from Barcelona Airport to Grand Torre hotel Catalunya?

Barcelona Sep 30, 2016 at 10:42 PM

What is the best and easy way to go from aiport to my hotel, and from hotel to port of Barcelona?
      Can we buy a ticket for hop on hop off bus at the hotel or have to buy it online? Thanks for your advise.

• Suggestions for day trips from Seville

Sevilla 13 hours ago

I will be in Seville in mid March. I will be there for 7 days and am seeking suggestions for 3 day trips. Not Granada, not Cordoba. I was thinking of the Aracena Cave, a white village or two and ...... This will be with public transportation. I read that Ronda is a complicated full day trip and for that time maybe somewhere else is better.
      Suggestions are welcome.
      Thank you

• BurrenYoga's Profile Photo

Data SIM Card in Lanzarote

Isla de Lanzarote Oct 18, 2016 at 7:34 AM

Does anybody know of what deals exist to buy a Data SIM card in Lanzarote?

I am hoping to buy a 2 GB data SIM card for my unlocked MiFi device, and when it runs out, to buy a new one.

Just in case coverage of the different networks vary by location, I will be mainly using this in Costa Teguise.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

• Veltra Tour (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid)

Spain Oct 9, 2016 at 6:57 AM

I am planning a trip to Spain in April 2017. Have anyone heard of Veltra Tour company? I am thinking about booking a 4 day trip (4-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville and Granada from Madrid) with the company. Or if you have any suggestions on a tour company in Spain, it would be great.

• raj11's Profile Photo

Isla de teneriffa OR Isla de Fuerteventura.. which one is better ??

Isla de Fuerteventura Oct 6, 2016 at 7:49 AM

We are a family of 3 (me , my husband and our 7 years old kid).. and wanted to know which would be a better holiay destination in your opinion among Isla de teneriffa and Isla de Fuerteventura.. We would like to have a relaxed location with beautiful surroundings and kids friendly beaches

• Do most hotels in Spain have free Wi-Fi?

Spain Yesterday

I was just wondering if most hotels in Spain have a reliable, fast Wi-Fi connection.

• Long term rental for this winter

Cadiz Oct 6, 2016 at 8:04 AM

My husband and I are planning to spent the winter in Costa de La Luz. We are looking to rent a studio/appartment/ small house ( one bedroom, living room, kitchen) for approximatively 2 or 3 months (from December till March),what kind of a price would I be looking at? I would be curious to know if anybody could recommend sites or resources to view (cheap) rental listings and if possible to get in touch directly with owners.

• Overstaying 90 day Schengen stay limit

Barcelona Sep 26, 2016 at 7:44 AM

I am from the US and am studying abroad in Barcelona for 87 days. There is no way for me to get a student visa, and my program director can't extend my trip by 3 days in order for me to get a visa. I my family is planning on meeting me in Barcelona on my 87th day and we are planning to go to Italy on my 89th or 90th day. We are planning on staying in Italy for about 10 days, staying in only Italy for those 10 days, and then flying back to the US from Italy. If I get caught overstaying my 90 day limit, what are the consequences? Has anyone ever dealt with a situation like this? Would it be smarter to just meet my family in Italy rather than have them meet me in Spain (saving money and already be in Italy before I reach my 90 day limit). Thank you! Any advice is greatly appreciated.

• sheanbedi's Profile Photo

Transfer from Biarritz to San Sebastian

San Sebastián Sep 8, 2016 at 9:23 PM

Can anyone tell me the best way to transfer from Biarritz airport to San Sebastian, Spain ? private transfer service seems expensive for one person only.

Thank you

5 Answers Sep 9, 2016 at 12:57 AM
    • Santander to San Sebastian

Basque Country Jun 9, 2016 at 2:56 PM

Is there a good bus service between them? How long does it take?

3 Answers Jun 10, 2016 at 1:20 AM
    • Hotel and B and B help

San Sebastián May 20, 2016 at 9:47 AM

I posted yesterday but this is more specific. I understand go to etc. I was just looking for someone who actually stayed in a place to recommend it. More specifically looking for a hotel or B and B with ocean view in or out of the city with parking and possibly transit near by.

Please Help!!!
      Thanks Eddy :)

5 Answers May 20, 2016 at 2:00 PM
    • Hotel Help

Basque Country May 19, 2016 at 6:39 PM

myself and another chef with be in San Sebastian from June. 23 until June. 26th of this year. We have a car so we would prefer cheaper or free parking. Is it best to stay in town or surrounding area.

Please Help!!!
      thanks Eddy

3 Answers May 21, 2016 at 3:12 AM
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

travel to the French Basque country

San Sebastián May 4, 2016 at 2:46 PM

I am debating whether to fly into St. Jean de Luz and use it as a base to explore Bayonne and Sare and Ainhoa or fly into San Sebastian and use that as a base to go for day trips into the French part of the Basque country. I will not be driving but will be using buses or trains. I will be there during the last week of September. Is it possible to do day trips form San Sebastian to Bayonne and Sare and Ainhoa by using buses or trains?

2 Answers May 5, 2016 at 2:07 AM
    • Bus or train

Bilbao Apr 12, 2016 at 6:02 AM

I arrive at Bilbao airport at 10pm in May. Is there a bus or train that goes to Santo Domingo de la Calzado at that time at night. If not at what time in the morning? can I get transport direct from the airport or do I have to go to town?

What date in May is the bull fight in Santo Domingo de la Calzado

5 Answers Apr 12, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    • Where to stay in Bilbao

Bilbao Mar 14, 2016 at 5:31 AM

Hello, I am taking my family from Scotland to Bilbao for 2 months, July and August 2016. I will be working in the centre of Bilbao whilst my children will be with my children aged 5,9 and 11. Can someone please recommend the a good district to stay? I can stay further out of Bilbao as long as I have access to a metro and the journey is not too long.

Many thanks in advance. Carol

2 Answers Mar 14, 2016 at 12:45 PM
    • philosykos's Profile Photo

Chino Bazaar shops or tiendas one euro shops in Bilbao Casco Viego or center??

Bilbao Feb 20, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Anyone know where I can find the Chinese Bazaar or one euro everything shops in Bilbao Casco Viejo or center area? These shops are great for finding everything and anythng you may need and don't have with you! Thanks!

5 Answers Feb 22, 2016 at 12:45 AM
    • Bizkaibus tickets

Bilbao Feb 7, 2016 at 4:24 AM

For a single trip from the Airport to Alameda Recalde 14 (and a single trip in reverse a few days later) can tickets be bought on the bus? And do we need the correct change, please?

1 Answer Feb 7, 2016 at 4:43 AM
    • Which hotel can you recommend

Bilbao Jan 6, 2016 at 8:50 AM

We are 4 mature couples looking for a nice friendly hotel in or around the old town with non smoking rooms and breakfast
      We have found the Petit Palace Arana and the Bilbao Jardines
      Which would you recommend and are there others we should be looking at

1 Answer Jan 6, 2016 at 9:11 AM

Few more questions about Bilbao please!!!

Bilbao Jan 5, 2016 at 9:34 PM

Happy New Year ..I am still researchig trip to Bilbao for March...I will decide by end of month what my definite plans are.Few more boring question! If I decide to take the airport bus from aiport...I intend to stay Hotel Bilbao Jardines in Casco Viejo...WHERE would I get off and someone please point me in right direction...?? To reach my hotel easily??Thxs!

Next..are there any group day tours to Pamplona from Bilbao? JUst wondering....

What products or unique sovenirs should I look for to buy in Bilbao??
      And last...I will need a taxi I need to be at airport by 05:00A.M.What is the rate to airport at that time? I tred to use the calculating procedure on a taxi site..but it was not really up to date or correct! Many thanks!

4 Answers Jan 6, 2016 at 7:47 PM

A few questions...about Bilbao....

Bilbao Dec 2, 2015 at 7:54 AM

Hi again...(1).can you tell me what time shops close on Saturdays and Mondays? I assume Sunday all closed? (2)Also...what is the nearest supermarket I can find near the old town??Not a small mini supermarket but a proper supermarket? (3) In other parts of Spain "Primor" is the leading cosmetic/perfume Bilbao? Whats the equivalant?(4) Any shopping mall near the old town within walking distance? El Corte Ingles??
      Many thxs in advance!!

8 Answers Dec 3, 2015 at 10:23 PM
    • Surfing in November?

San Sebastián Nov 19, 2015 at 2:05 AM

Is it warm enough to surf in san sebastian at the end of november? If so, do you have a recommendation of a specific company that won't rip me off?

4 Answers Nov 20, 2015 at 12:32 PM
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Barcelona to San Sebastion

San Sebastián Sep 16, 2015 at 5:10 AM

Hey guys!

Just wanted to get some advice on the cheapest way from Barcelona to San Sebastian. Any particular bus companies to go with? We will be traveling early next month

Kind regards,

3 Answers Sep 17, 2015 at 8:31 PM
    • bnb in bilbao centre?

Bilbao Aug 29, 2015 at 5:23 AM

a great bed and breakfast in bilbao you can recommend? I am going for a conference end oct and get in one night earlier

2 Answers Aug 29, 2015 at 3:10 PM
    • Eating on the go !

San Sebastián Aug 1, 2015 at 7:31 AM

I have 30 minutes to transfer from Donastia to Amara stations and need to know where I can get anything to eat

4 Answers Aug 2, 2015 at 1:57 PM
    • To Elizondo

Irùn Jul 13, 2015 at 3:40 PM

A good place, cafeteria, maybe out-door, to stay waiting for the bus to Elizondo on a Saturday afternoon / evening in July? What time, every hour? I mean bus from Irun to Elizondo?

1 Answer Jul 14, 2015 at 2:01 AM
    • Using the Metro or Bus

Bilbao Jun 12, 2015 at 2:46 AM

We are going to be in Bilbao on a cruise ship in September, we have decided that we would like to catch public transport from the ship to Bilbao. Sightseeing to include Guggenheim Museum, Puente de Calatrav, a trip up the hill on the Funicular, Old Town and then on our return to the ship go to see the Vizcaya Bridge. Our ship will be in port on a Saturday 8am - 6pm do you think the above itinerary is easily doable? If we were to use the metro could we get one ticket that we could use for on/off during the day or maybe many of the places are close together? Any advise on cost of a ticket and best way to do this (or anything else we should not miss) appreciated :). This is our first visit to Spain. Is the ticket interchangeable for use on bus, metro and funicular or would we need separate tickets?

3 Answers Jun 25, 2015 at 7:37 AM
    • Bus from San Sebastian to Bayonne, France

San Sebastián May 29, 2015 at 4:40 PM

We would like to travel by bus from San Sebastian to Bayonne where we will stay one night before taking a train to Toulouse.  Does anyone know the bus schedule and if you have to buy a ticket beforehand?  I have read that there is not a real bus station in San Sebastian but bus parking spots and called Amara.   Also, do these buses accommodate luggage?

Or would it be easier to take a train?

7 Answers May 31, 2015 at 3:28 AM
    • rickmatthews's Profile Photo

Taveling in Portugal

Portugalete Feb 23, 2015 at 6:29 AM

Going to be driving from Lisbon to Faro in May/June. My wife and I have about 2 weeks. Any suggestions on some of the things, places that we should see and or hotels?

5 Answers Feb 24, 2015 at 3:35 AM

Any one day bus tours from Bilbao..???

Bilbao Feb 23, 2015 at 4:00 AM

May possibly be in Bilbao in early May..Quite keen on finding a day group bus tour to San Sebastian...maybe Pamplona ..Burgos..? Santander???etc..Do they exist? I really cannot be bothered to take a bus on my own..just easier for me with a group..Please advise! Thanks!

10 Answers Feb 25, 2015 at 6:40 PM
    • hair dresser in Bilbao

Bilbao Feb 9, 2015 at 12:29 PM

I will be in Bilbao for a few days and desperate for a hair cut. Can anyone recommend a good english speaking womens hairdressing salon? I am looking for a cut&style and possibly highlights. Any tips would be awesome :)

Thanks for your help

1 Answer Feb 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM
    • San Sebastian probable Travel itinerary

San Sebastián Aug 18, 2014 at 10:49 AM

I'm in process to consolidate my travel itineraries. First to come is San Sebastian.
      I'll be travelling to San Sebastian for 3 nights and 2 day. Following is the travel itinerary I'm looking forward to:

Day 1: Visit Bilabao - Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
      Day 2 - Visit San Sebastian old town and La Concha beach, visit Tapas bars.

This looked to a very basic itinerary. Can some one provide me places to visit ? or may be an itinerary ?
      Also kindly provide best tapas bars to visit and enjoy basque flavours.

2 Answers Sep 16, 2014 at 2:36 AM
    • Basque Country Information Needed-All Advice Greatly Appreciated

Basque Country Jul 26, 2014 at 7:37 AM

My wife and I are independent, budget, travelers with a great deal of international travel experience. We are planning on visiting the Basque country for the first time and want to do it as econmically and efficiently as possible. We have a week - ten or more days.

We'll be coming from Paris (flyng into Bilbao) and will be relying solely on public transportation once we arrive. We'll be heading to south of France (flying out probably from Montpellier) after we visit the area.

We're not sure the best way to organize ourselves and what to see (besides San Sebastian and Bilbao). We don't need to run around if we are able to find a good base to get a feel of the area and/or for day trips.

Our biggest challenge is finding a reasonably priced, simple yet comfortable accomodaton. We know San Sebastian is popular during the summer season but we are rather knocked out by the sky high prices.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2 Answers Jul 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM
    • Bicycle rental

San Sebastián Jul 14, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Hi. Does anyone know if it's possible to rent 2 bicycles in Barcelona and drop them off in San Sebastian 7 days later? My friend and I are cycling the route on July 30th. Cheers.

1 Answer Jul 15, 2014 at 2:05 PM
    • Jimmgee67's Profile Photo

Renting in Bilbao

Bilbao Jul 14, 2014 at 6:38 AM

I will be arriving in Bilbao on the 21st July 14 for 2 months. I am looking to rent a 1bed appartment for that period of time and any help or advice on the subject would be much Appreciated

3 Answers Jul 14, 2014 at 12:17 PM
    • Paying tolls on motorways

San Sebastián Jul 10, 2014 at 4:58 PM

If no VIA-T sensor on windscreen, can one pay tolls using cash

4 Answers Jul 15, 2014 at 5:48 AM
    • flat and job in Bilbao

Bilbao Jun 16, 2014 at 11:06 AM

Hello , I am ukrainian, I' m going to move to Spain with my boyfriend ( he is spanish) in two weeks. 1. we are looking for a flat, but want to avoid agency, is it possible? We looking for small flat somewhere close to the metro. 2. i'm looking for a job. I have experience in furniture and machine import-export. Speak English, Russian, Ukrainian and Polish. My spanish is on basic level, unfortunately. Where can i try to find something? Any advices?

Thx in advance

1 Answer Jun 16, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • Public transport availability : Arriving San Sebastian late night

San Sebastián Jun 9, 2014 at 9:54 PM

If I'm arriving to San Sebastian via train around mid night, will I be able to get public transport to reach hotel ? How safe will it be if I take a walk till hotel (provided the hotel is within 1Km radius) ?

1 Answer Jun 13, 2014 at 1:20 PM
    • Cheap hotels/guest houses to stay in San sebastian.

San Sebastián Jun 9, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I'll travelling to San Sebastian from during second week September and will be staying there for 3 nights. I've noticed that Irun has cheaper hotels as compared to San Sebastian. How far will this be actually ? Can you suggest me some cheap hotels or location(s) where I can find cheap hotels yet closer to San Sebastian.

6 Answers Jun 14, 2014 at 3:57 AM