VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Bangladesh Travel Answers

change location

Bangladesh: from Rahumari to Bahaqurabad Ghat/Diwanganj

by pukkie20 Online Now Mar 9, 2007 at 4:25 AM

Bangladesh: from Rahumari to Bahaqurabad Ghat (Posted: Wed January 24)

Does anybody know if it is possible to travel from Rahumari further southward (overland) to Bahaqurabad Ghat and further on to Jamalpur ? Rahumari (across the Jamuna river - opposite Chilmari) is sandwiched between the India border and the Brahmaputra/Jamuna river. Thanks.

k_biplob thanks for your answer dated from March 04

First let me know wher you want go ......may be i can help you.....my home dist is Jamalpur.

k_biplob: nice to hear that you are from Jamalpur district.

The reason that i will travel from Raumari to Diwanganj is that i will explore this area located between de Indian/Bangladesh borderline (opposite Chilmarei/Kurigram). I was already in Raumari last year (go and back from Chilmari), but now i want to know what's the travel possibility between Raumari and Diwanganj (opposite the riverside). I know this is not the usually foreigner route but i will try !!!!! Who can tell me how to do....... by boat on the river, local transport.........
When i was in Raumari (last year) i saw some local busses there, but i don't know to where this busses are running. Who can help me with this unusually travel information ???????

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Bangladesh Travel Answer Locations