VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Banff National Park Travel Answers

change location

Help on itinerary for Lake Louise,Jasper & Banff

by afraidofgrizzly Online Now Jun 28, 2012 at 6:03 PM

I will be traveling july 28-aug.9 2012 Flying into Calgary. I will post my itinerary and if anyone can give me some help on what to see and do within the time frame I would much appreciate it.

July 28- fly into Calgary and drive to Lake Louise-after arriving mid afternoon possibly take a Gondola ride.

July 29 - (Staying in Lake Louise)canoe at Chateu LL,walk around lake at Chateu LL,hike to tea house NOT SURE WHAT ELSE I CAN FIT INTO THIS DAY??

July 30- (staying in Lake Louise)go to YoHo to takkawaka falls,Emerald lake,Morraine Lake and Lake Ohara CAN THIS BE DONE ALL IN ONE DAY?? OR AM I MISSING SOMETHING ELSE INSTEAD??

July 31- (Drive to Jasper) along the way stop at Bow Lake,Peyto Lake,Icefields

Aug.1-(JASPER) Boat trip on Maligne Lake/Spirit Island,walk on trails around Maligne Lake-ARE THERE ANY SPESIFIC EAST TRAILS TO CONSIDER??

Aug.2-(JASPER)Go to MT.Edith Cravel,Tram Ride,Athabasca Falls DON'T KNOW IF THESE
THINGS ARE CLOSE BY TO EACH OTHER AND IF THEY CAN ALL BE DONE IN ONE DAY??

Aug.3-(JASPER)Sunwapta Falls,Horseback ride or take a Athabasca river raft trip? ANY OPINIONS??

Aug.4 (Leave Jasper drive to Banff) Go on tram ride in Banff,go into town.

Aug.5-8 (BANFF) I NEED SUGGESTIONS FOR 3 1/2 FULL DAYS IN BANFF. These are some options that I was told- Waterfalls(but I don't know where or the names),Spray River loop hike,Bow Valley Float trip (in evening),hoodoos,Johnston Canyon,any small easy walks/hikes (I am afraid of the bears,is there a guide that I could hire?)

Aug.8-Leave Banff in afternoon and drive to Calgary Airport

Aug.9- fly home

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines