VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Banff

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mobile Phone Carrier?

Scotland Jan 27, 2017 at 9:26 PM

We plan to purchase our first smart phones before visiting Scotland in June. Are their providers you would recommend and/or any we should avoid? We'll mostly be in Edinburgh and the Highlands.

(The more I learn, the more excited I become in anticipation of this trip.)

How sad that this site is closing! The Scotland page has been so welcoming and helpful! Many thanks to all who've responded to my questions.

more
    • Not much lodging available due to bank holiday.

Edinburgh Feb 21, 2017 at 8:59 AM

We are flying in to EDI for the start of a 3-week driving trip around Scotland. We arrive on Thursday 5/27 and will stay near the airport for 1 night (we arrive late in the evening). We thought we would then spend 3 more nights in a B and B in central Edinburgh. However, due to the bank holiday, many of the places where we would like to stay aren't available. So, instead of touring Edinburgh first, we thought we would head out of town and see some other sights/cities first and see Edinburgh at the the end our middle of our stay. Any suggestion of where we should go first since Edinburgh will be crowded? Thank you, Cynthia Burbank, CA

more
    • banff restaurants

by sophieandaliat Online Now Jul 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM

my question is what good but cheap restaurants or cafes are there in Banff as I am just visiting and I am meeting with a old friend of mine so I would really like some good feed back,

thanks you very much hope you give me some great feed back

4 Answers Jul 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM
    • question

by shoesanrichmen Online Now Mar 25, 2007 at 4:53 PM

would somebody be able to tell me when the spotty bag shop is open please

• St Mary Old Kirk Yard.

by janandpete218 Online Now Aug 6, 2006 at 10:44 AM

We visited the old kirk yard and was fasinated by the symbols on the graves can any body tell us the meanings of them ie skull skeltons and crossbows?? there was an timer of some discription we found Banff a loveley and fasinating place and hope to spend more time there when we come again to Scotland.

1 Answer Aug 7, 2006 at 10:58 AM