change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• watashi's Profile Photo

Christmas in KTM?

Nepal Jul 13, 2016 at 1:57 AM

Has anyone spent Xmas in KTM and if so what is there to do? Are there bars and restaurants with music, jazz, rock? We won't be trekking so are looking for entertainment in the city. Good places to eat? Hear music, etc.

more
    • Reputable Tour Company Kathmandu

Nepal Jul 19, 2016 at 8:59 AM

I am planning to go to Everest Base Camp in March/ April 2017, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a trust worthy and reputable tour company based in Kathmandu.

Thanks,

CraigP

more
    • Should I book through a 'western' company or a local one?

Mount Everest Jul 25, 2016 at 12:36 AM

Hi,
      My boyfriend and I are planning to do Mount Everest base camp next year and have been looking into a few different companies and the price differences are quiet large. I was wondering is it best to pay the extra few $1000 or would it be better to go local and book with a Nepalese company?
      One company we were looking at was at least $2000 more each than others and we were wondering if this was necessary. We want to do the climb properly and safely but we are not precious, we camp in the bush regularly so we don't mind about roughing it.
      I would love to hear about your experiences!
      Courtney :)

more
    • AllieK's Profile Photo

Annapurna Trek

Pokhara Jul 7, 2016 at 1:14 AM

Hi there!

I am traveling to Nepal in October and due to time times I am only about to do a short trek (less then a week)

I was looking at the Annapurna Panorma/ Poon Hill etc

Should I book with a tour agency before I leave or is it cheaper to do it once you arrive with a local tour agency? I found a 5 day hike for $625aud. What would the normal cost be if booking on arrival to Kathmandu or Pokhara?

Thanks!

more