VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Travel Answers
Bandung

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• sallam88's Profile Photo

One week in Saumatra

Sumatra Feb 12, 2017 at 5:06 AM

Hi mates,

I would like to visit Sumatra for a week, I will be flying from Kuala Lumpur to Medan (haven't decided from which city to fly back to Malaysia) and would like to visit Lake Toba (Danau Toba) so I will be appreciated if someone can suggest me any tips or info about the lake or any nearby attractions as well as I'm open to any suggested itinerary in Sumatra

Thanks a lot

more
    • Tangkuban Praho (TBP) and budget

by tokma Online Now Feb 27, 2012 at 9:24 PM

Dear members,

My departure date to Bandung is getting nearer and am trying to work out the budget. Have looked at discussions on trips to TBP but nothing mentioned about whether any fees/charges have to be paid to visit the place.I note that a fee is charged if you want to go down to the crater but is there an entrance fee? We are hiring a supir for the entire stay.
      Am not used to the many digits of the Indonesian currency and am now at a loss as to minimum I have to bring for 4 days. Is RM50 a day enough for lunch and dinner per person? I understand that one has to convert and bring Indonesian currency from Malaysia. ..it;s just that everyting is in millions, ya?

thanks .

Tok Ma

4 Answers Mar 4, 2012 at 6:31 PM