Ballina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mountjoy Street - Dublin

Dublin Nov 14, 2016 at 6:35 AM

I will be visiting Dublin starting tomorrow. My hostel is located on Mountjoy street, and recently I've read mixed review about the location. Generally this doesn't affect me, since I'm mostly a daytime traveler and tend to avoid unsafe areas/crowds. However, tomorrow I would be arriving around 9pm. My initial plan was to walk on foot from O'Connel Bridge, but in the light of the reviews I've read, I'm not so sure anymore. What do you recommend? Is there a real risk of getting mugged/attacked?

Also, any other safety advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

more
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

Cork to Shannon

Cork Nov 11, 2016 at 8:23 AM

best way to get there. Cork airport, Flying out of Shannon in Aug 2017

more
    • Sweclover's Profile Photo

Piercings in ireland

Ireland Dec 6, 2016 at 10:39 AM

This is a totally random question, but I was just wondering how popular piercings are in Ireland? I'm American and have a total of 14 including my tongue, lip, and 2 in my nose..I was just kind of wondering if it's generally accepted or if I'll be getting weird or judging looks from people when I go to visit? I realize it's more than likely not a big deal, but if people who live in Ireland or have visited and know how a majority of the people feel about facial piercings there, I would really appreciate hearing about it. I've never left the country and I'm nervous about everything haha

more
    • Hiring a private driver

Ireland Nov 22, 2016 at 9:51 AM

Has anyone ever hired a private driver in Ireland? This would be done in lieu of renting a car. Is it expensive? Recommended? I'm planning a drip that goes from Dublin south around the shore up to Galway and back to Dublin. This would probably be done in a week's time. Any help/advice would be appreciated.

more
    • LarryN3's Profile Photo

cork to shannon

Ireland Nov 10, 2016 at 1:29 PM

Looking for help to get to Shannon airport from Cork airport. I can't find any easy way. I am actually coming from Amsterdam in early August 2017. Did not want to fly via of Heathrow due to layovers and high cost flight via Heathrow. Any help would be appreciated.

more
    • st.patricks weekend

by joanne_scotland Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM

we usually go to letterkenny, but for a change ballina has been brought up. can anyone fill me in on nightlife? clubs, pubs etc.
      any info appreciated

1 Answer Feb 6, 2008 at 11:52 AM