Ballina

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Shopping discounts in Dublin

Ireland Yesterday

Hi, I am planning to travel to Dublin in few days. Is there any shopping discounts available for tourists?

Nipun

more
    • Shopping discounts in Dublin

Ireland Yesterday

Hi, I am planning to travel to Dublin in few days. Is there any shopping discounts available for tourists?

Nipun

more
    • Is it worth it to stay overnight here?

Inishmore 2 hours ago

we are coming from Doolin- should we plan on staying on the inishmore for 1 night to enhance the experience wanted to bike ride and enjoy
      Where do we catch the ferry if coming from Doolin? I am assuming pretty chilly in May?
      thanks

more
    • NewYorktoDublin's Profile Photo

Flooding in cork

Cork Apr 13, 2016 at 1:54 PM

Was going to take a day trip to cork May 3rd. Can't seem to find an update on the flooding situation . Poor people of cork. 

more
    • karmann58's Profile Photo

Accomodation suggestions....

Ireland Apr 13, 2016 at 10:19 AM

I have some of our accomodations booked for our trip to Ireland in September, but would like some suggestions for 2 nights in or around Cork, 2 nights in or around Kenmare (wanting to drive the Beara Penninsula) and 2 nights in or around Galway.

We are open to either hotels or B&B'S .

Thanks so much!

more
    • Sherese93's Profile Photo

Dublin Public Transport

Dublin Apr 11, 2016 at 10:36 PM

Does anybody know what public transport could be used to get from Dublin Hilton Airport to Travelodge Pheonix Park? Also from Pheonix Park to Malahide? TIA

more
    • CFR's Profile Photo

Special song in Irish Culture

Ireland Apr 13, 2016 at 12:55 AM

Hello,

A few years back I was with some collegues in an Irish Pub in Neubrandenburg. This pub was owned by a real Irish man (unlike most Irish Pubs). One of my collugues came up with the idea to request a certain song. The song would result in us being kicked out of the pub, or becoming best friends with the Irish Man who ran the place, depending on where the Irishman was from.

I can't exactly remember the title of the song, but it was something like "The real arms of the IRA".

Does anybody know the title of the song and what it means in the Irish Culture. Especially for the people who love and hate it. I suppose it has something to do with Northern Ireland, but I would like to know (way) more about it.

(for those who want to know how the story ends: we became good friends with the owner who kept his pub open after hours for us and provided us with a special drink on the house. It was a mix of Strongbow with something else, probably Amaretto. The guy wouldn't tell. He called it "Dr. Pepper" because it tasted a bit like it. So if anybody knows this drink/ingedients. Please: let me know).

more

The cliffs of moher

Galway Apr 27, 2016 at 1:03 PM

I'm spending the 4th of May in Galway so I can connect to the bus on the 5th to see the cliffs of moher . Should it be raining would it still be worth going ? Hate to go all the way out there and not be able to see them as I'm staying in Dublin .

more
    • karmann58's Profile Photo

Accomodation recommendation

Ireland Apr 21, 2016 at 10:04 AM

Should we stay in Cork and visit Kinsale, or stay in Kinsale and visit Cork?

We're there for 1 night only on our 13 day Ireland trip in September. Before that night we're in Kilkenny for 2, then after we're staying at Top of the Rock for 1 night.

Thanks so much!

Judy

more
    • Two days in Dublin

Ireland Apr 15, 2016 at 9:48 AM

Dear friends,
      Our flight land in Dublin at 6AM in the morning. I don't know if we should stay in Dublin for 2 nights and leave on the Day 3 to Kikenny or 3 days in Dublin.
      We only have full 12 days.
      Our original plan is
      2 days in Dublin,
      1 night in Kikenny,
      1 night in Kinsale,
      2 nights in Kenmare
      2 nights in Dingle
      1 night in Doolin or Limerick (I don't know which one we should pick)
      2 nights in Galway
      and back Dublin.

Thanks very much for your suggestion.
      Monica

more
    • Any suggestions for an hour or 2 while in Killarney area?

Killarney Apr 7, 2016 at 10:39 AM

We are arriving by train into Farranfore mid April around 5 pm to rent a car and drive to Killarney to pick up another couple that will arrive in Killarney by train around 7 pm. I'm not sure we will make it to the park before it closes but I would like to do something to explore this area! If we make it to the park before closing, is an hour enough time to take a short hike in the Killarney National Park? Any suggestions? The only short walk I found so far was the Torc waterfall.
      Would we be better off just strolling the streets of Killarney?
      Thanks!

more
    • Lots of questions re impromptu 7 day visit to Ireland Need Help Please

Ireland 22 hours ago

Hello Irish Traveling People
      I need your help- see below ideas- tell me which are possibly not worth going to as our time is limited and please advise what I should not miss?
      Flying in to Dublin and out of Shannon FYI
      Thinking to visit - Dublin 1-2 days / cork 1 day/ killarney 2 days/ galway 1 / ?
      plan on seeing:
      dublin- sights
      cork? market /
      killarney -park ?
      ring of kerry
      cliffs of mohr
      biking in galway / kong? or other better place need recommendations?
      dingle? see seals/ explore
      Giants causeway- worth seeing looks amazing?

will hit some pubs-
      prob a castle or 2 ( pls lmk what 2 r best? ) love to be outside and see unusual sights
      Traveling with my 20 yr old daughter
      Please feel free to be completely honest we have almost 7 days- so want to make the most of it
      I need to drive as we would like to cover some ground- should I rent from Dublin airport or shall I take a bus to cork and pick up the car there or somewhere else- ( this part has me stuck a bit)- then how do i get to the rental place??

Not into touristy things as much as we are into interesting cultural things.
      Help! please- feeling like I need some guidance-
      Thanks so much
      Dana

more

Taking the bus from Galway

Moher Lough Apr 14, 2016 at 12:10 PM

I've tried every single bus eirean to,provide me with this information , either I'm stupid or the answer I'm looking for is not there . I'm leaving from Galway on May 5th to the cliffs . Where does the bus drop me off and where do I go to,get the bus back to Galway ??? I hope someone can help me , I'm sure when I get to,the bus station in Galway they will tell me but since I travel alone I like to know how to get from point a to point b on my own . Thank you in advance for any help. Sandy .

more
    • st.patricks weekend

by joanne_scotland Online Now Feb 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM

we usually go to letterkenny, but for a change ballina has been brought up. can anyone fill me in on nightlife? clubs, pubs etc.
      any info appreciated

1 Answer Feb 6, 2008 at 11:52 AM