change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• 9days in hungary

Budapest Yesterday

Hi ,
      4 adults ( 2 couples) in their 40's are planning to visit Hungary during mid Jan .we have 9 days there .we would definitely want to spend 2 or 3 nights in Budapest .after that really confused about the other places.we are looking for a chilled relaxed holiday .we prefer a holiday with food ,wine , and love to see beautiful architecture & nature .not very keen on seeing many museums .
      we would like to visit small beautiful towns and villages .also we love places that have a good night life .
      Since we have limited time ,not sure where all to go ...

I am confused if to go north like Eger ,Debrecen Esztergom ,tokaj etc...

Or to go south to Siofok ,pecs ,lake balaton. And any other interesting places there ...

Would be greatful if you would solve my situation .

Thank you ,Deepa paul.

more
    • Romantic dinner

Budapest Nov 11, 2016 at 1:39 PM

I'm going to Budapest in January with my boyfriend for his birthday and I want to take him out for a really nice romantic meal one night as a celebration.
      Can anyone recommend a romantic, upmarket restaurant that's good for special occasions?
      He likes fine dining, well presented, tasty food, but I'm a student and can't exactly break the bank. Budget is probably £80 for the two of us

Please help!!!

more

Near Balatonfured

• transportation

by balcsi16 Online Now Jul 4, 2016 at 10:10 PM

How can I get from Balatonfured to Keszthely and back - day trip.
      Where can I rent a car? or a taxi is feasible?
      Please advise,
      Thank you

2 Answers Jul 5, 2016 at 6:12 PM
    • Memorial Plaque

by judychard Online Now Jan 17, 2012 at 3:14 AM

On August 8th 1964 at Blalatonfured a Memorial Plaque was erected to John Paget.
      It was erected by the Veszp-rem County Council Tourist Board.
      He fought in the Hungarian War of Independence.
      Can you tell me were this plaque is situated.

3 Answers Jan 17, 2012 at 8:13 AM
    • argentia's Profile Photo

Trains to Vienna

by argentia Online Now May 23, 2005 at 11:49 AM

Does anyone know if it is possible to take the train from Balatonfured to Vienna without travelling back to Budapest? I've looked at the standard train schedules (bahn.de, raileurope) with no luck. Possibly listed on mav.hu, but I know absolutely no hungarian.

Thanks from Toronto

Trudy

1 Answer May 24, 2005 at 1:48 AM