change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Aziz Mahmut Hudayi Mosque

Istanbul 4 hours ago

Anybody have visit Aziz Mahmut Hudayi Mosque? Can tourist go in? Is the area where is located ok for tourist to be walking around?

more
    • lucyguajardo's Profile Photo

Which Turkish Bath

Istanbul Yesterday

After a lot of research I'm thinking in taking a turkish bath in one of the following places
      Cagaloglu
      Cemberlitas
      Ayasofya

I'm choosing a place close to my hotel as I wont have too much time the day I'm planning on doing it so I dont want to waste time in getting there. I'm staying close to Blue Mosque area.

I'm not looking for luxury but more for traditional. Any suggestion or I may be missing other option.

more
    • Dreadeddragon's Profile Photo

12 or 22 hours in Istanbul?

Istanbul Aug 19, 2016 at 4:00 PM

Hello! I'm heading to Egypt in October and my layover will be in Istanbul. Since I've never been, I figured I'd choose a flight with a decent layover and see if I can explore. I've got 2 options from what I've been seeing, and I've got some questions if anyone can help me. I'll preface by saying I'm a very tall, average sized, very pale white woman with blue eyes and unnatural red hair (I have extensions in my profile pic I'll remove before going). I'm pierced, though I'll take them out as well, and tattooed. Basically, I'm very clearly an alternative westerner. I'm wearing all conservative clothes there, light-weight long sleeves and pants, and I'll wrap my head if I need to.

If I do Istanbul on the way to Egypt, I arrive at 8:30pm, and leave at 6:45pm the next day. I'd need to find somewhere cheap and safe to stay overnight.

If I do Istanbul coming home from Egypt, I'd arrive at12:30am and leave at 2:45pm. I could get a locker and nap at the airport for a few hours.

So my questions are, first off, is it safe? I'll be with a friend in Egypt, but on my own in Istanbul, and I know a bit of Egyptian Arabic, but no Turkish. Second, which plan would be better? I'm on a tight budget, so if I can see enough on the way home that would be nice, but I'm concerned it's not enough time. Third, what should I see while I'm there and what's the best way to get around town?

Thanks so much!

more