Travel Answers
Bakarac

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• travelnut71's Profile Photo

Any nice beaches from Split upwards to Istria?

Croatia Aug 6, 2016 at 4:09 PM

Hi all. I will be travelling in the next week along this coast. I want a nice beach, but not going to islands as this is time consuming and needs planning in August, so far we been late going one place to another whether it's border crossing or traffic, plus we need to be in Trieste on night of Aug 16. We are looking to do a few days here and there on the coast I just described on August 10 til then. We will like to do Split and Zadar but we also like to use our bathing suit once this trip. We will be in Mostar on August 9 I imagine the border crossing a nightmare too! If you know a few good beaches along that coast would be great and open to suggestions . I also have two small kids. Thanks!

more
    • Straps for melodians/piano accordians

Croatia Jul 31, 2016 at 6:17 AM

Hi

We're staying at Rovinj - read somewhere that Slovenia and Croatia sold the heavily embroidered straps for melodians/piano accordians - the type of instruments used by Morris dancers and buskers!!. Any ideas where to purchase these please - don't mind a reasonable journey as we could turn it into a trip out.

Many thanx

more
    • Food shopping

Cavtat Aug 23, 2016 at 2:34 AM

Where is it possible to buy fresh fish in Cavtat?

more
    • zebedee39's Profile Photo

Best place to exchange money

Dubrovnik Aug 17, 2016 at 2:55 PM

Hi, we're going to Dubrovnik in September I get the impression you get a better rate if you take £ and exchange for Kuna at a bank in Dubrovnik. Best rate I've seen here so far is 8 Kuna to the £. Any advice welcome!

more
    • Giostra festival ?? 18 Sept 2016

Porec Aug 15, 2016 at 2:54 PM

We land on 18 Sept and I notice that there is some form of street entertainment for the Gisotra festival - anyone know any more info about timings and possible parking restrictions

Many thanx

more
    • Petrol stations

Rovinj Aug 16, 2016 at 1:12 AM

Will petrol stations accept a Halifax Clarity card which is a MasterCard - I presume that there must be some petrol stations attached to supermarkets like in the UK

more
    • travelnut71's Profile Photo

Kastela stari

Croatia Aug 10, 2016 at 12:58 PM

Hi all.

I just arrived at this location, map postal code 21216

950, Kastel Stari, Kaštel Stari, 21216

It's dark and we walked to the old charming town, but where do we swim? Where are the pretty beaches in photos displaying enough space to go in water not close to boats? If you can supply near address would be helpful thank you!

more
    • Emilios.'s Profile Photo

Krka - where to stay?

Krka National Park Aug 5, 2016 at 4:34 PM

Hello,
      I'll be visiting in September for two days, by car.
      For accommodation I've checked Skradin, Lozovac, Roski slap, which is the best location to stay? Where is the swimming area and which is the best entrance for the park?
      Many thanks in advance!!

more
    • One night only

Dubrovnik Aug 4, 2016 at 1:58 PM

Where should I stay for one night only - moderate budget September 6,2016

more
    • Curren/credit cards

Rovinj Aug 2, 2016 at 1:12 AM

Visiting Rovinj mid Sept - always use Halifax Clarity card - will this be accepted in the surrounding area - only want to buy the odd souvineer and the odd beer as we're half board - what are the local souvineers and rough costing of a beer/petrol. With the exchange rate being so poor would prefer to use plastic and pay in local currency

Many thanx

more
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

one day in Split 8th Oct 2016

Split Jul 31, 2016 at 9:27 AM

Hello, We have one day in Split on our cruise ship and wonder what would be the best things to do and see whilst we are there? Many thanks in advance.

more
    • alisononthego's Profile Photo

Overnight in Dubrovnik on cruise ship October 1st and 2nd

Dubrovnik Jul 31, 2016 at 8:47 AM

Hello, We have an overnight stopover in Dubrovnik on our cruise in October and we wanted to know if there is a bus service/shuttle from the cruise port to the old town. Also, where is Dubrovnik main town in relation to this please? Any suggestions as to other half day trips we could take that would be worthwhile please? We are meeting up with our daughter and boyfriend while we are there as they are staying on Kolocep island just off the mainland.

more
    • From Dubrovnik to Skopje by bus

Dubrovnik Aug 20, 2016 at 7:47 PM

Is there a bus from Dubrovnik to Skopje during the day? I can't find it on the web... maybe there, on the bus station?

more
    • First timer

Croatia Jul 31, 2016 at 2:27 PM

Hi I am looking to go to Croatia with my hubby for the first time but have no idea of where to start, we want to be close to bars, restaurants, a little night life, beaches and shopping but not where it is too noisy can anyone help or advise me

more
    • cherylll's Profile Photo

frankfurt to zagreb by train

Croatia Aug 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM

My husband and I are planning to take the train from Frankfurt airport to Zagreb, Croatia.....is this possible and if so, does anyone have any pointers for us, things we should know? Also, I'm trying o get an idea of cost and departure times with the train and hoping someone can suggest a website for this....Thank you, Cheryl

more
    • Buying Cigarettes In Bulk in Zagreb

Zagreb Jul 27, 2016 at 12:38 PM

We are planning a short trip to Zagreb later in the year. Does anyone know the best place to buy cigarettes in bulk (about 3000) in Zagreb? We prefer western type brands like Mayfair or Dunhill International.

more
    • Roadtrip help

Croatia Aug 1, 2016 at 4:37 PM

HI,

I will spend the the last week of september (22 to 29/30) in croatia and im starting to plan a road trip the basic ideia is since i will arrive at Zagreb, grab the car and drive to liubliana - Bled - Trieste then croatia where to spot / Sleep? in this time of the year is possibel to catch some sun and swim? I will fly back from Dubrovnik

Tks

more
    • Accomodation in Bakarac

by tizy Online Now Sep 8, 2003 at 5:47 AM

I'm planning, for the next year, a travel by bicycle from Trieste, Italy to Beograd, Serbia trough Slovenia, Croatia, BIH and Montenegro. So, I'm searching a (possibly not expensive) accomodation near Bakarac for one night.

1 Answer Sep 8, 2003 at 12:05 PM