VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Please save any personal content and exchange contact info with other members you’d like to stay in touch with. Thank you for your contributions to the VirtualTourist community.

Baghdad Travel Answers

change location
kamelya_vis's Profile Photo

How to reach Baghdad or Kirkuk?

by kamelya_vis Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 6:22 AM

Could somebody please tell me about the flights that I could catch to reach baghdador Kirkuk? I am a Romanian women and I plan to go visit my husband who is a soldier in Kirkuk, but I found no way of transportation. I am sure that there are some flight from Ankara, only that I couldn't find anything on the internet. PLease help me with some informations or tips: kamelya_romania@yahoo.com. Thank you very much!

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • george5b's Profile Photo

Re: How to reach Baghdad or Kirkuk?

by george5b Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 8:59 AM

First of all - ask you husband ! He's likely to have much better information than any person on this site.
    Second - There are are few airlines (e.g. Austrian that fly to Erbil), as well as Royal Jordanian to Baghdad.
    Iraqi Airlines also flies to several ME destinations as well as Frankfurt & London from Baghdad.

However before you do go, you'll need your husband to organize transport and protection from Baghdad to Kirkuk - something he'll find expensive and difficult to do.

Do head people's warning about safety in Iraq ! It is not a tourist destination and you'll be in grave danger should you attempt to travel from Baghdad to Kirkuk overland.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • fouads's Profile Photo

Re: How to reach Baghdad or Kirkuk?

by fouads Online Now Feb 18, 2008 at 4:20 PM

hi

you can go to Baghdad from Damascus by airplane and then to Karkouk but must your husbend be in Baghdad to take u , cause safty there is not 100%

best wishes

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Baghdad